Texas Texas Chapter

TX4Roc meet at Barnwell?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
19th sounds good for now. Maybe, I should go get a tow strap? Any recommedations in Dallas?

mochoajr
Old 05-11-2004, 12:51 PM

PS, very little to no 4 wheeling experience.

mochoajr
Old 05-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by mochoajr

mochoajr
Hey do not worry!! We are all good people here, they would not abandon you if you get stuck. So no worry!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Herkengineer
I love you all

I am getting excited...I just bought a skidplat from AZrain and I hope it will help out a bit. I will not have my lift by the 19th... I still can't wait to come out again
Hey Herk, I am glad that you got it!!! Let me know how you like it.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:57 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4route
we all love you too!

i'll be excited to hear how the skidplate works for you ... i am in the market for one too.
Hey 4Route, is your turn to get broke slowly with Herk, Blake and me!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 01:17 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by mochoajr

mochoajr
join the club..

try 4wheel parts they have a nice special on them ( with a d-ring and receiver hook)
Old 05-11-2004, 01:35 PM

Hey Herk are you planning on camping out or what? That's anice little drive from Abilene.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:44 PM
Banned

mochoajr:

you're in luck, most of us are newbies too. saturday was my first time out, and a couple of us are still running street tires ... so, as you can imagine, we all had some slippery fun. if i went on the 19th, i guarantee we'd spend more time pulling me out than you! so don't worry, we all have to start somewhere, and you're starting right along with a couple of us, and we're all in good hands with each other.

i have an extra recovery strap from wheeler's offroad ... if you guys want to take it, i'd be glad to meet up with one of you on your way out there (or before) and let you guys borrow it along with my d-ring shackles. just let me know!
Old 05-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by gumbo
Hey Herk are you planning on camping out or what? That's anice little drive from Abilene.
That all depends on if my Wife and baby come along...my little one is way too young to camp out..So we will then drive part of they way back and find a hotel..
If it just me..I might as well find someplace to pitch a tent..

what will the rest of you do?? How far of a drive is it from the metroplex?
Old 05-11-2004, 01:49 PM
Contributing Member

mochoajr:

you're in luck, most of us are newbies too. saturday was my first time out, and a couple of us are still running street tires ... so, as you can imagine, we all had some slippery fun. if i went on the 19th, i guarantee we'd spend more time pulling me out than you! so don't worry, we all have to start somewhere, and you're starting right along with a couple of us, and we're all in good hands with each other.

i have an extra recovery strap from wheeler's offroad ... if you guys want to take it, i'd be glad to meet up with one of you on your way out there (or before) and let you guys borrow it along with my d-ring shackles. just let me know!
You've fully decided you are not going?
Old 05-11-2004, 01:55 PM
Banned

no no ... i really want to, i just have to wait till it gets closer before i'll know for sure.

i just mean, IF i'm unable to come, i'd like to be able to donate my strap to the cause.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Contributing Member

no no ... i really want to, i just have to wait till it gets closer before i'll know for sure.

i just mean, IF i'm unable to come, i'd like to be able to donate my strap to the cause.
Oh good..I really did not want you to get frusterated and give up
Old 05-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Banned

well, i was really pretty frustrated with myself after that trip, but i don't want to give up yet because my truck seemed to do pretty well on the parts that weren't mud holes ... so, thought i'd give it another try, and see, because i really like you guys and it'll be nice to go to a place that has trails for every level, so some of us can hang out on the newbie trails until we're comfortable with those.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:00 PM

well, i was really pretty frustrated with myself after that trip, but i don't want to give up yet because my truck seemed to do pretty well on the parts that weren't mud holes ... so, thought i'd give it another try, and see, because i really like you guys and it'll be nice to go to a place that has trails for every level, so some of us can hang out on the newbie trails until we're comfortable with those.
Also, don't fotget YOU HAVE A REAR LOCKER lol I'll be camping out in my rig. I'm working on some curtains as we speak.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:03 PM
Banned

well .. technically, it's a locking center diff. though what that'll do. hehe. but we'll try it out next time for sure.

i'll be sleeping in my truck too. unless it smells like 360 mud.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:04 PM

I'm only an hour out so I'll be coming Sat. morning, but for those camping you might want to call up and reserve a spot.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:53 PM
Contributing Member

well .. technically, it's a locking center diff. though what that'll do. hehe. but we'll try it out next time for sure.

i'll be sleeping in my truck too. unless it smells like 360 mud.
I think yours is like mine...
we have both AWD and 4WD..when you hit the 4WD button it really only brings it in AWD ( a 40/60 split of power to the wheels) then if you hit the Center Diff lock it throws it into 4WD (50/50)
the AWD is great because if you want you can drive with it like that all the time...great for rain/ice/snow

but I really wish we did have the option of the rear locker ( mine was the fist year without that option)
Old 05-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Contributing Member

Oh come on 4route, don't get discouraged! I (eventhough i'm not in your chapter) as a 4Roc member feel that I should make you go to another meet. Mud is nothing. It's only to show off for the next couple of days or so. All it does is get stuck in things and mess up your rig down the line. Then you have to worry about hydro locking, your interior etc. etc. The more technical stuff and trail riding is A. more fun. and B. Less of a hassle in many ways. I play in mud when I'm pissed off or just want to get my truck dirty. Plus, you have a virtually stock lifted rig (there is NO problem with that, keep reading). Take your truck through stuff it's better at before you get discouraged! Mud is mostly all about traction (and momentum) then a little size, but thats only if the guy in front of you is bigger. I for one (and the others) should agree to not let you give up unless you go on a real trail ride instead of mud'n, mud bogg'n, mud sling'n, whatever you want to call it. Trail riding is a commpletely differen't bag of chips and then you have a park with camping which adds a whole new piece to the pie. In closing, don't give up. You have no choice (I and hopefully the others) won't let you quit yet!!

I just remember my first trail ride last year and it was one of the best experiences of my life. You learn a ton about your truck and its limits, plus you get to have some quality time with people that are interested in the same things you are. I mean c'mon... you did your lift yourself... not even everyone on this board can say they did that.

Sorry for the rambling again on the thread, but I decided I wanted everyone in on not letting her give up yet!! Sorry Bill! back to trail planning!
Old 05-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Contributing Member

Hey 4Route, I do not want you to give up either!!! I want to see your truck beef up and has much better off road driving skill than me when I come back, ok?! So that you can pull me out of the mud next time Dun feel discourage, you were riding on a mostly stock Runner the other day.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:56 PM
Banned

guys ... I said I would come out again, and that I wasn't giving up!!

My runner wasn't stock, it had the 3" lift, and I have put a lot of work into it!!

anyway .. I said I WAS frustrated, but that I WASN'T going to give up. Reread post #53, and you'll see.

Quick Reply: TX4Roc meet at Barnwell?