Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

Yotatech Business cards?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm intersted too, not too many people on here from ID, need some more!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 07:29 PM
Contributing Member

i think we should figure a way out to do this
Old 04-26-2006, 01:28 AM
Contributing Member

Ric, i still have a few from ya when you gave me some a few months ago but....

*Heres the deal: I think we need a completely "non-threatening" colored, friendly invitation card and I believe 'lee' was on the right track with this...

I have very little photo-comp skills so i'm looking for someone that can take the above card and add a little "life" into it or even submit your own idea. 'ToferUOP' also had some good ideas.

What i'd like to do is take the best card and then purchase 500-1,000. I'd then give/mail them to YT members for FREE but with minor stipulations. How does that sound?
Old 04-26-2006, 03:59 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Best invitaton is still a personal one...then give them a card with just the website addy.

There is a fine line between "sharing" and "admiring" and being a "stalker".

Old 05-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Contributing Member

I agree with Wabbit.

Some people get pretty ticked off when you nose around their rigs.
If anything use common sense. If you feel they wont get mad try it out. If someone does get mad dont get confrontational with them

I would definatly like to get some cards out. I am new to the group but i have been telling all my buddys about it. I would not be against paying for the cards i get. I own a Home Theater company and do not have lots of time to design something. it would be easier for me to get something already done up and printed.

This board rocks!

I have learned more about both of my Toyotas in the last two months then in the last 5years i have had them.

I got the mod bug, and it is about to spread to a stock 90 runner.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it's a good idea, but I agree with Wabbit that I don't like to find flyers or cards on my truck when it's parked.

I saw a truck near my house today and I would like to introduce the owner to YT. If I had a card, I could hand him one while I asked about his truck. I see him at the local baseball games all the time.

Old 05-07-2006, 06:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
again, i think the idea is annoying and associates us with people who leave annoying advertising flyers on people's pride and joy.

if they want to find us or find other toyota enthusiasts, a simple google search will most likely direct them to us. leave them a personal note. dont associate it with our forum because you dont know if the person's reaction will be negative or positive.

personally, if i got one of these cards on my 4runner, my first thought would be "damn, now i gotta throw this piece of trash away". my 2nd thought would be "what kind of idiot would be so desperate to advertise his *** website?"

just one man's opinion

bob
Old 05-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Contributing Member

I'm with you Bob. I hate it when someone throws some stupid flyer under my windshield wiper.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah Bob, I agree. I get so PO'd that I just turn on the wipers and don't care where the offending piece lands. Handy technique for parking tickets too.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Contributing Member

I think the majority opinion is NO on blind card drops.

But we use a business card to intoduce people we meet to our football booster club. It works really well.

I have been on and off again messing with my 83 for 5 years. it never occured to me to look up message boards. i always just googled parts and such. I have learned alot from this board, and others may still be out there that can benefit from it too.

jmo
Old 05-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by reggie 00

I have been on and off again messing with my 83 for 5 years. it never occured to me to look up message boards. i always just googled parts and such. I have learned alot from this board, and others may still be out there that can benefit from it too.

jmo
i agree
Old 05-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Contributing Member

Just a quick note... leaving flyers on cars/trucks is a method commonly used by thieves to case property. Same thing with credit card solicitors at home. A common thing to do is for someone to come around and case a vehicle while they're doing the flyers stuff and then on a vehicle of interest they'll mark it somehow (usually lifting the wiper). They'll move on finishing what they were doing and then come back later.

Keep your valuables and use any of a number of VISIBLE deterrents and you are more than likely going to be safe.

You'll never catch me putting flyers on cars because that's a good way to get stopped by an attentive cop.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:01 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Tacoma Dude
You'll never catch me putting flyers on cars because that's a good way to get stopped by an attentive cop.
Peter, that is especially true with one-off cards/flyers like these would be. I mean, a theif isn't going to put it on every single car in a parking lot (like at my school...sigh). These single one-offs are a lot more suspicious. Also, you're putting them on some of the most sought after (i.e.: stolen) trucks around.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by DrBeau
Peter, that is especially true with one-off cards/flyers like these would be. I mean, a theif isn't going to put it on every single car in a parking lot (like at my school...sigh). These single one-offs are a lot more suspicious. Also, you're putting them on some of the most sought after (i.e.: stolen) trucks around.

EXACTLY my point!
My campus had more truck and SUVs stolen this last month then passenger cars. I haven't checked the watch commander's log yet but one of my cop friends told me that 3 Tacomas got stolen in a week!
Old 05-11-2006, 03:10 AM
Contributing Member

What about giving cards to people that you SEE?

For instance, i'm going down the road today and caught a glimpse of what i thought to be a 1st gen 4runner rock crawler in my rear view mirror. It was too good to be true but sure enough on my second look it was a bad ass Yota rock crawler right behind me. So I pulled into the middle lane and slowed down just so he could "pass". As he came along the side of me i gave him a and he acknowledge with a .
I then moved behind him and we came to a red light (this guy had f/r Diamond axles, half doors, Can-Back soft topper, internal roll cage, custom f/r bumpers, and the "OG" 22re.
When we stopped, i yelled out my window, "HOW WIDE ARE YOUR AXELS?" he stuck his head out and said, "65 INCHES"! He went straight, i turned right. I asked him about his axle width cause 75% of his tires stuck outside his fenders. It looked VERY stable and well built. Awesome rig.

My short, on the road encounter convinced me this guy would have liked to talk if i made the motion. If i had a card, then i prob would of. And based on my intuition, i don't think he knew about YT or Pirate.

Besides, thats just ONE example that i come across about once or twice a month.

I think some of you are getting slightly off track here. Keep in mind this is about about Business Cards, not the random 'flyers' you receive and toss in the trash.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by rocket
What about giving cards to people that you SEE?

For instance, i'm going down the road today and caught a glimpse of what i thought to be a 1st gen 4runner rock crawler in my rear view mirror. It was too good to be true but sure enough on my second look it was a bad ass Yota rock crawler right behind me. So I pulled into the middle lane and slowed down just so he could "pass". As he came along the side of me i gave him a and he acknowledge with a .
I then moved behind him and we came to a red light (this guy had f/r Diamond axles, half doors, Can-Back soft topper, internal roll cage, custom f/r bumpers, and the "OG" 22re.
When we stopped, i yelled out my window, "HOW WIDE ARE YOUR AXELS?" he stuck his head out and said, "65 INCHES"! He went straight, i turned right. I asked him about his axle width cause 75% of his tires stuck outside his fenders. It looked VERY stable and well built. Awesome rig.

My short, on the road encounter convinced me this guy would have liked to talk if i made the motion. If i had a card, then i prob would of. And based on my intuition, i don't think he knew about YT or Pirate.

Besides, thats just ONE example that i come across about once or twice a month.

I think some of you are getting slightly off track here. Keep in mind this is about about Business Cards, not the random 'flyers' you receive and toss in the trash.
I agree, I was driving thru missoula a few years back and saw a 3rd gen with decent mods and a flat bed get on the fwy. We played up and down the hills, he had better gears but my RE was making more power :-). When he went to get off at his exit he waved me over, we stopped and talked for a bit. I got his info and we did some wheeling together the next spring. Good way to meet people.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Contributing Member

What ever became of this topic?
Are the ya go or a bad idea?