Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

Selling/Buying Comment Card: Sort of like ebay

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 06:01 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Selling/Buying Comment Card: Sort of like ebay

Would it be possible to get feedback ratings going for each member? It seems that as Yotatech grows, there are naturally more and more people buying/selling/trading. I think it would be neat to know the kind of business person you are dealing with prior to committing to a sale.

I realize the full-fledged feedback system such as the system found on ebay would be too complicated. I was thinking more along the lines of a "Buying/Selling Comment Card" that was attached to each members profile.

For example, I recently purchased some Thule bike trays from Bob. The transaction went very well, and the shipping was quick. The parts arrived as described. I would log this in Bob's "Buy/Sell Comment Card" and he would log something similar on my card.

What do you guys think? Too much?
Old 06-04-2004, 06:05 AM
Ric
Banned - User requested

re

i think it sounds like a great adea, but, i can only think of ONE member that has had problems selling things on here, everyone else (to my knoweldge) is a man (or women) of therre word.
it would be cool though.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:36 PM
Contributing Member

Rick,
I was thinking the same thing...

I wonder how difficult that would be to set up? And what would stop someone from retaliating with bogus reports?
Old 06-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Contributing Member

I don't think this is needed myself.
When I go to buy from someone, I search for sales previously made by them, then read the entire thread to see how it went.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Scofco
I don't think this is needed myself.
When I go to buy from someone, I search for sales previously made by them, then read the entire thread to see how it went.
Using this comment card thing, it would make it a quick and simple read. I think it would be a good idea. I also wonder how hard it would be to set it up.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Contributing Member

not worth the trouble to set up .. just pay via paypal with creidt card .. if you don't recieve the item in a timely manner notify your credit card and paypal.

also if a deal goes bad, it usually ends getting posted on here, and everyone knows about it
Old 06-07-2004, 01:46 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
It is waaaaaaaaaaaay to hard to set up here.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:26 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by sdastg1
\
also if a deal goes bad, it usually ends getting posted on here, and everyone knows about it

Everyone who *remembers*...
Old 06-07-2004, 12:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Corey
It is waaaaaaaaaaaay to hard to set up here.
I'll do it for $500 J/K...that would be a massive project that has too many possibilities. eBay atleast has the ability to only allow feedback if an auction is won. So unless a "store" system was built...it would be very difficult to prevent people from leaving feedback for others who havent purchased anything. A possibility would be to have the seller give a permission to the buyer to leave feedback...but why would they if the deal went south - system becomes pointless.

Do that many deals really go south on here that would warrant this? Plus when one does go south...and dealing with nasty comments and mods having to get involved. BIG MESS.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:18 PM
Contributing Member

All good points. If it cannot be done simplistically, definitely forget about it. I was just tossing it around to see if there was something to help prevent people from getting shafted. The popularity of the for sale section has grown tremendously since I have been here. Just looking out for all my homies that's all.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:21 PM
Contributing Member

Maybe a solution could be a sticky: buyer beware...

search first!
Old 06-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Contributing Member

Not trying to be naive, but if you are on this forum I see no reason why you shouldn't be trusted. After all your word in your bond here, I wouldn't be give up coming to this place just to cheat someone out of there money. IMO
Old 06-07-2004, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Biff
Not trying to be naive...
Unfortunately, you're being a bit naive.

There's a member here who posts semi-regularly that's sold a couple of things to folks that didn't work. He won't return PM's or emails though he was active before the sale. It's been a couple of months, so it's not related to a) being out of town, b) sick mother, c) email server down, d) dog ate my password, etc.

It's not a lot of money ($10 from me) but it's the principle of the issue.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:43 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

Biff

i agree, we all should be trusted, and men of our word, but not everyone feels the same way, some people would rather make a few dollars at others expense, IF you plan on buying anything online, please ask arround, see if he has a good rep., but for the MOST part, as said before, everyone on here, is trustworthy,
Ric
Old 06-07-2004, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by RicNkc
i think it sounds like a great adea, but, i can only think of ONE member that has had problems selling things on here, everyone else (to my knoweldge) is a man (or women) of therre word.
it would be cool though.
Well I don't know if you can add another one to the bad list. right now I'm waiting for a member to get back to me on a product I bought check cleared but no part. email them and they are not getting back to me and they have been on the forum. I'm giving a few more days before I let everyone know. I like to give the benifit of dought. I'm getting a little
Old 06-07-2004, 04:32 PM
Contributing Member

chasmc2:
If you do decide to post about the deadbeat seller, I strongly suggest that you keep trying and mention that you will post negatively before you do so. Otherwise, you will get a lot of "don't bring private matters here" type of posts.

Biff, RicNkc:
As Midiwall mentioned, there are people that like to do this. I don't know if he's thinking of the person I am but the last time someone mentioned being ripped off by him he just waved it off like it was nothing and disappeared for a little bit. He's back and selling stuff again.

I agree with the 2 of you guys (as probably does the large majority of members on here) but there's always that one jackass that takes new people because they didn't know what was going on. Personally I think he's slime.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

chasmc2

thats honerable, give him the benefit of the dought, you never know, "could" be family issues, atleast your giving it a little time....

Tacoma Dude,
i know theres always ONE in every crowd, but for the longest time, (being naive) i really thought yotatech members was an exception to that rule, i mean it was a longggg time before i seen it. but your right.
on the flip side to that, the members here that i have met, (in person) are really cool, and nice people, EXCEPT DARREN, just kidding buddy.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tacoma Dude
As Midiwall mentioned, there are people that like to do this. I don't know if he's thinking of the person I am...
Nope, sorry to say but it's a different person.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:08 AM

maybe we could let corey know. and he could suspend there privledges? I know it would be more work for Corey. That part would suck.
To bad there is always a thief or two in the crowd that takes advantage of trusting people. People like this should not be able to shaft the good people of the forum. I wish there is a solution, but as long as there are Un reputable people................
Old 06-08-2004, 08:22 AM
Contributing Member

Well, the individual I'm thinking of still managed to make a sale in off-topic, despite his POSTING that he was banned from the for sale section. Some people just don't know how to listen to the warning signs.

Mark:
Sorry to hear that. Some people really suck, don't they?

Quick Reply: Selling/Buying Comment Card: Sort of like ebay