Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

Requests for "Funnies"

Old 08-12-2009, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Requests for "Funnies"

How about setting up a funny section, so we can share funny stuff with our fellow yotatech members. I posted a very funny video and had no idea where to post it, so I put it in the section I am always in searching. It looks like it was deleted which I can understand. With the funny section it would have fall into the guidelines set forth by the admin. If there becomes a trend of inappropriate posting then the section is deleted. Just a thought.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:42 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Maybe it was not all that funny?? Ever think of that?

Old 08-12-2009, 08:02 AM

Pretty sure thats why we have an off-topic section
Old 08-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Contributing Member

Well Ragin' the staff did discuss a "funnies" type section a while back and we considered similar ideas on other forums and we came to the conclusion that those kind of sections usually cause a lot of trouble because there is always one person who does'nt see the joke or is offended by the subject. Which of course leads to web fights and drama and all the other "issues" we try to avoid here. Also those kinds of sections are really hard to control content wise as it applies to our work/family safe rule here, someone always seems to think a section like that is an anything goes area.

That being said you are more then welcome to share your jokes/funny vids in our "off topic" section [provided they don't violate the rules of course lol].
Thanks for your input.
Aviator
Old 08-13-2009, 03:59 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by aviator
Well Ragin' the staff did discuss a "funnies" type section a while back and we considered similar ideas on other forums and we came to the conclusion that those kind of sections usually cause a lot of trouble because there is always one person who does'nt see the joke or is offended by the subject. Which of course leads to web fights and drama and all the other "issues" we try to avoid here. Also those kinds of sections are really hard to control content wise as it applies to our work/family safe rule here, someone always seems to think a section like that is an anything goes area.

That being said you are more then welcome to share your jokes/funny vids in our "off topic" section [provided they don't violate the rules of course lol].
Thanks for your input.
Aviator
Yeah, what he said.
Off-Topic would be fine for that and I don't see why it would get deleted if it fell within the rules.

Fink
Old 08-13-2009, 04:28 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Try looking at the threads you've started under your own profile to find your own thread.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f5/v...cement-188847/

It was obviously moved to "Off-topic" which is where non tech stuff goes, i.e. "funnies". I don't laugh so I don't see the need for the new section.

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 08-13-2009 at 04:36 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:45 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aviator

Thanks for your input.
Aviator
I'm offended.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:45 AM

LOL.. sorry I didn't even think to use the off topic section.. duh... Thanks for moving the thread.