Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

Forced log out??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Forced log out??

so i am in the lab today and i get on a computer i used earlier in the semester jump on YT and i am already logged in.. i try to log out everytime that i am not on one of my personal computers, but obviously i am not perfect. is there a way to force the log out? i assume not since its a client side cookies setting but i wanted to check...
Old 03-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You could get the software that allows you to run Firefox off of a memory stick, so that all of your personal info (including cookies) stays on there. I haven't personally done this but I read about it in MaximumPC and it seemed like a good idea.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I have had problems in the past logging out at home, and I had to go into the browser and delete the YotaTech cookies.

That was with the older forum software.
I do not see this now with our upgrade.

I never have to log out at work, as we have to log into Windows XP Pro to do anything.

A cool thing at work too is it does not matter which PC I get on, my bookmarks and being logged into any forum follows me around to any PC I log into.

They started doing this last year, pretty cool.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Corey
I have had problems in the past logging out at home, and I had to go into the browser and delete the YotaTech cookies.

That was with the older forum software.
I do not see this now with our upgrade.

I never have to log out at work, as we have to log into Windows XP Pro to do anything.

A cool thing at work too is it does not matter which PC I get on, my bookmarks and being logged into any forum follows me around to any PC I log into.

They started doing this last year, pretty cool.
I believe that is done using Active Directory. most of the labs here use it so i am not too worried about logging out in those. but there are a couple smaller labs that use local users where everyone shares that i am worried about.

yes i have the flash drive software to run FF, and i probablly should, but its easier just to load the local browser.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I opened this thread expecting some toilet humor.. What a let down.