Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

Change the title requirements for the for sale section

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Change the title requirements for the for sale section

I am a registered user of supramania.com and on that forum it is required that you place the abbreviation of the state or location (if not in the US) in which your car is being sold.

I find it really irritating that I, an individual in California, am forced to look at every truck that fits what i'm looking for when I KNOW I will never travel over 100 miles to get one. It would make my search and all searches much eaiser and more efficient. I like the SM FS section because it has the state titles and it makes daily/weekly car search MUCH eaiser because I search numerous sites aside from it.

To be honest, I dont look at the FS section here because I dont have time to sift for california trucks... I just use other sites for my truck search and I'd much rather buy from an enthusiast...

Can this be added? I think it would help a lot.

Also (this isn't a big deal), but the title says "Vehicle/trailers" and it sounds better as "Vehicles/trailers". i've misread it as "vehicle trailers" without the slash on more than one occasion...sorry if that's just me.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
I concur

for the vehicles for sale, most of us cannot go across the country for a vehicle for sale. I would always rather buy soemthing from someone on here, but i dont have the time to search through all the listing just to see if any are even local!

Great idea!
Old 01-06-2008, 08:48 PM

thanks! and thanks for the support!
Old 01-06-2008, 08:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah i agree. i hate it when i find something great, then find out its halfway across the country. though if i had the money, and saw a nice one on here, id fly out to whereever it was to get it. as long as it was someone on this forum, then ill know it was taken care of. hell even have a few beers or somethin, then leave the next mornin.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:29 AM

A sticky with the new rules would fix it...

how long is the usual wait to hear from someone about getting this changed or not?
Old 01-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
How much time does clicking on a thread take? 5 seconds to scan for location? How about we just post all our phone numbers on a thread and what we want and let potential sellers call us at our convenience? I couldnt resist.

Nice idea! if it can be enforced, but having bought 5 Toyota 4x4s lately I would much rather buy a truck from some local who has it for sale in his front yard and has no damn clue what it is worth as a rock crawler than get it online. I have bought 3 of these local for what I paid for 1 online. I would rather build a truck up from stock than fix some one elses built and modded messes anyway.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:14 AM

it also helps if the person takes the time to fill in their profile and provide a little info of where they are from not just earth.
J/K

it is a good idea but I look at all of the ads so I don't care and I like looking through all of them.
I would just be happy if people where less lazy and would put the simple things on their profiles like location and what they have make, model and year.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:11 AM

Damn, WW! No wonder I can't find a decent toyota at a decent price anywhere around here, you're scooping them all up! Have you seen the '93 extended cab truck out by Sokol park? Only 85k miles (auto/3.0) but someone must have told him to hold out for the big money. $8k and not interested in bargaining much.

As an active shopper, it would help me out a bunch if a state abbreviation, at the least, were in the thread header. I'm checking the ads on like a half-dozen different sites each day, and that's a lot of new threads to have to open and scan.

Last edited by shwuz; 01-08-2008 at 03:14 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:10 PM

There are several rules for the for sale thread that should be implimented to make it a more organized and BETTER than your average classifieds listing. One requirement is PICTURES. I just got pissed off at the thread titles. and yes, i know it was a joke (at first i didn't see that it was and felt like flaming you, haha) but - 5 minutes for a minimum of 20 threads means i have over an hour invested in just scoping on this site!! I have NO time for that. at least not logical time I am willing to spend. It REALLY adds up and i would have to read at least 20 posts to catch up and see them all. you think i'm going to miss a deal on page 5 that someone else might have wanted but was too far away? NO.

On the side of making corrections, here's some other things and what our rulebook over at SM looks like. Eventually, maybe someone from SM will post up here with me but i think i portrayed it well and it works... today there were 2 or 3 stragglers not posting correctly but mods usually get on their case like lightning and all is well.

Over there, you cannot post without having pictures. maybe a bad thing for some, but now days its not that hard to get your hands on a camera. If you intend to sell a car via the internet it should most definitely have pictures or it should go to your local craigslist instead.
Maybe we could require at least one pic but on supramania you need 3. If you don't have an engine bay or interior shot (something many people automatically ask for ANYWAY, people get on your case, as they should be doing.

This is the form we must use to sell a car:

NAME:
PHONE NUMBER: *Optional*
EMAIL:
------------------------------------------------------------------
ITEM:
PRICE:
DESCRIPTION:
PIC: *for car ads, post minimum of THREE pictures... Exterior, Interior, and Engine Bay*

If you have multiple items, just rinse and repeat I.P.D.P....

here are more specifit and title rules;

For Sale Rules

1) THREAD TITLE: Must include Year, Model, Trans, Color, State, Price.
LIST THE STATE THE CAR IS LOCATED IN AT THE END OF THE TITLE IN CAPITAL LETTERS.

EXAMPLES:
89 Turbo 5Spd Targa White/Blue $3500 OBO FL
90 N/A Auto Black/Grey $1000 GA

2) THE POST:
Try to describe the car as much as possible... We want the good, the bad, AND the ugly.... List any and all known problems. Pictures are a DEFINITE MUST in selling your car. The more the better. Also include any way you would like to be contacted. Email address, PM, IM, Phone number...all of the above... Let the buyer know how to contact you.

3) PRICE: These are your cars for sale. Therefore its whatever pricetag you would like to put on it. HOWEVER just like in the FOR SALE section...we will not tolerate "make an offer" posts. THERE MUST BE A PRICE TAG. Not sure how much? Start a little higher and put OBO.

4) MODERATOR EDITS: If everyone follows the above as best they can thats less work for us moderators. If there are one or two things off or missing from the post a moderator might PM you asking for the information to be included in the first post...or a moderator might take it upon themselves to add the information if they already know it. If numerous things are done incorrectly as per previously stated don't be surprised to see your thread deleted or locked down. Post it right the first time guys. These rules arent too hard and frankly... will help YOU sell YOUR car faster.

Additional rules: blah blah, ask me (Figit) if you want to see the full rules thing it's large and too large for discussion IMO.

Last edited by Figit090; 01-08-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:35 AM

CyMon - haha... fixed
Old 02-10-2008, 09:37 PM

OK....not cool. it's been over a month and not a single moderator or admin reply?

do they even LOOK at this section?

what gives? I feel like everything I said had no point what-so-ever.

I know people are busy and stuff...and this doesnt seem to be a well-populated section, i just feel like someone would have responded by now to acknowledge this thread.

Last edited by Figit090; 02-10-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:03 PM

I also think they need to make it where the poster can delete their own post if they have sold their item.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by CyMoN
I also think they need to make it where the poster can delete their own post if they have sold their item.
now THAT is a great idea. I would love to delete my post from a year ago regarding a 4Runner im parting, to keep people from PM'ing me silly questions becuase they dont want to rear the whole ad.

Great idea!!
Old 02-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
First I have seen this thread, let me look more into it later.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:19 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
The subject line has been updated just now.
https://www.yotatech.com/classifieds.php

Also changed Vehicle/Trailers
to
Vehicles - Trailers

As far as making it mandatory to have the location in the title, that is a lot of policing by staff here.

I know I do not have the time to scan all threads in there, and neither does anyone else for that matter.

We are adding a few new moderators very soon, but since this forum is HUGE and busy 24/7, policing the thread titles for location is not a number one priority.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:41 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
now THAT is a great idea. I would love to delete my post from a year ago regarding a 4Runner im parting, to keep people from PM'ing me silly questions becuase they dont want to rear the whole ad.

Great idea!!
haha...ha......i hope i wasn't one of those people. well maybe i just complimented your truck, i dunno. wait a second...did you change your name from DeathRunner? or is that what you call(ed) your truck? oh well, aside the point anyway.

Originally Posted by Corey
The subject line has been updated just now.
https://www.yotatech.com/classifieds.php

Also changed Vehicle/Trailers
to
Vehicles - Trailers

As far as making it mandatory to have the location in the title, that is a lot of policing by staff here.

I know I do not have the time to scan all threads in there, and neither does anyone else for that matter.

We are adding a few new moderators very soon, but since this forum is HUGE and busy 24/7, policing the thread titles for location is not a number one priority.
Thanks Corey, I do realize you and whoever else that staffs this site are really busy. I was hoping just adding it as a requirement would be enough, and policing can be done by anybody who reads it and cares to post up and mention to change the title. I've seen it happen that way in other forums and it usually works well. I know whenever I see someone's for sale post over on my supra board, i take a second and mention it if they messed up an obvious requirement.

The only other thing I could suggest would be to add a sticky to the top of that forum so those people who automatically click "ENTER" because they've read the rules before don't miss the fact there is a new requirement. I know if I were returning and had read the rules last week I wouldn't bother reading them all over again...

And thanks for changing the title, I appreciate your responses.