The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

Criticize my winch mount idea

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dirtoyboy
Very well said.....people around here dont take safety serious enough....Maybe this thread will help wake some people up call me an ass too if u want...i dont care....I'm just looking out for MY family that is driving down the same road as you
Your personal safety and the safety of those around you should be the first thing on your mind every time whether it is your truck or anything else...
Old 03-24-2008, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by TOYOTA 1
hey man, that u bolt thing was way unsafe i agree 100% should be fixed asap! but i think you come off as more of an ahole than good help! its ok to point out jimmyriiged stuff that can be dangerouse! you just dont have to be such a f@g about it! lol as of ignoring you lol its not hard we r on the net!
p.s my nuggets aint lil, lol
I agree. Being an "a-hole" was the point. As stated above I was looking to give the proverbial wake up call. Plenty of other people pointed out the mistakes the OP made but no one really put into perspective how grave they were. I don't care about my popularity on the internet. I'd rather wake people up to a problem that I see way to frequently which is people attempting modifications that they have no business performing. Its the way I choose to go about it because I feel being brutally honest is the way to go. I am in no way posturing behind a keyboard, this is how I feel and I don't mind letting people know.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 44Runner
I agree. Being an "a-hole" was the point. As stated above I was looking to give the proverbial wake up call. Plenty of other people pointed out the mistakes the OP made but no one really put into perspective how grave they were. I don't care about my popularity on the internet. I'd rather wake people up to a problem that I see way to frequently which is people attempting modifications that they have no business performing. Its the way I choose to go about it because I feel being brutally honest is the way to go. I am in no way posturing behind a keyboard, this is how I feel and I don't mind letting people know.

ok, you got the point across! but there were 2 other peeps that got the same point across with out being so harsh! but hey if u wanna be an a-hole when giving advice go for it.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:38 PM

no one was being an .. if if came across as such, it was well deserved.. when lives hang in the balance, something needs to be said.. and that is what was done. somtimes it needs to be harsh, because the reality of the situation is harsher than the words that were exchanged. i only hope that the orig poster researches/learns better and rebuilds that ENTIRE setup properly.. because even a weak winch mount can kill or mame.. or maybe just up your frame if you're lucky. but i think this has all already been covered thouroughly enough.. i just dont like to see people bickering.. we all started somewhere, and i congradulate the orig poster for jumping in balls deep.. he just needs to gain more knowledge before he goes back and wastes his time and money all over again.. we all just want to keep him safe & his wallet full, and i know we all encourage him to ask for help again.. because if he didnt do exactly that then he might be flying down the road oblivious to the danger.. so i hope he got the info he needed and continues to do so by asking questions, making mistakes, and being open to help from others (even when they give him a well deserved hard time).. because thats how we all learn.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by TOYOTA 1
ok, you got the point across! but there were 2 other peeps that got the same point across with out being so harsh! but hey if u wanna be an a-hole when giving advice go for it.
Yeah, I would say the point has been made and then beaten to death. Anyone is welcome to criticize my comments and if you feel I was unduly harsh, you are welcome to point that out as well. In this case I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

On the other hand, I do have nearly 1000 posts on this board. I would hope that anyone that looked back through these would see that while in this instance (and most likely some others) I might have been the "bad guy" there are plenty of other cases where I am just your regular Joe giving out the best advice I can. When there is no reason to get worked up, I don't. In other words I am not always an a-hole when giving advice.

JCM4x89pu, very well put.

I think we can put this thread to bed at this point. WFO, take JCM4x89pu's advice. If you have any questions on your rig feel free to PM me.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 44Runner
Yeah, I would say the point has been made and then beaten to death. Anyone is welcome to criticize my comments and if you feel I was unduly harsh, you are welcome to point that out as well. In this case I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

On the other hand, I do have nearly 1000 posts on this board. I would hope that anyone that looked back through these would see that while in this instance (and most likely some others) I might have been the "bad guy" there are plenty of other cases where I am just your regular Joe giving out the best advice I can. When there is no reason to get worked up, I don't. In other words I am not always an a-hole when giving advice.

JCM4x89pu, very well put.

I think we can put this thread to bed at this point. WFO, take JCM4x89pu's advice. If you have any questions on your rig feel free to PM me.
i agree, we all make mistakes! no hard feelings oh and wfo, have you fixed your u-bolts yet??lol but realy did you?
Old 03-25-2008, 12:15 PM

WOW.................. theres no need 2 bash on the guy.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by unclejstoy
WOW.................. theres no need 2 bash on the guy.
testing, testing. Hello? Is there an echo in here?
Old 03-25-2008, 07:53 PM

wow i just got a headache reading this thread, stop argueing. yall sound like a bunch of drunk woman. Im sure he got the point after the 6th post, but sure keep going its like the damn energizer bunny on steroids round here. Trucks got some nice flex wmo will be a beast on the trails once you get her goin.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by SkyDriver180
wow i just got a headache reading this thread, stop argueing. yall sound like a bunch of drunk woman. Im sure he got the point after the 6th post, but sure keep going its like the damn energizer bunny on steroids round here. Trucks got some nice flex wmo will be a beast on the trails once you get her goin.
TESTING! Hey, is this thing on?