The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

3rd gen 4runner interior

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3rd gen 4runner interior

I have a 2000 4runner that has a few parts already:
-Shrockworks bumper
-Warn winch
-PIAA fog&driving lights
-2'' spacer lift
-33'' BFG KM2's

Now that it is no longer my daily driver im wanting to add a few things to her, I plan on getting Savage kick out sliders, rear bumper, roof rack, and full size matching spare. My real question is about the interior, specifically the rear cargo area. Im wanting to strip all the carpet, plastic molding, seatbelts, and maybe do away with the rear seat all together. Im thinking trim it out in sheet metal and spray it with lineX. I had a few questions because I have very limited experience with this kind of stuff (I know 2 capable individuals that will be helping me do all the work)
What will the floor surface be like under the carpet and under the seats? I know under the passenger side rear seat is a compartment for tire tools and stuff, but im wanting to make it a flat surface. My goal for the rig now is just a hunting rig. Driving 2 tracks, hanging stands, scouting, camping, oklahoma safari rig pretty much..... So my needs for the interior are:
-drains in the floor so i can hose out dirt, blood, grime etc..
-some sort of bow/gun holders
-Tools/Light recovery gear storage
I have kind of talked myself into ditching the back seats, which will open up alot of space, but dont know if this is feasable.... I might have missed some similiar post when i searched for this so just send me a link if there is something similiar on this site. Please give any and all suggestions, or post pics.
Also what would you do with the front floor? I just planned on slapping some cabelas seat covers on, and spraying the floor and adding drains on driver and passenger side.
Need some feedback! It was just an idea and I figured this was the place to seek advice.

Shoot some ideas my way.
Thanks,
Chase
Old 08-15-2012, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
100 views and no response?
wrong place for this post or what?