Washington Washington Chapter

6" susp. lift for a 95 runner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 95'4runner
If you mean loaded by it being a limited, then yes it is loaded. I just got it last year. do you have any suggestions for more power? I have the 3.slow.
yes I do. do the intake silencer removal mod aswell as deckplate mod. that will help. Do an electric fan swap. swap your cat for a high flow one and high perf. muffler but dont go much bigger on the tailpipe. also keep it tuned and lubed and you will be happy.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by BigBadBlue
yes I do. do the intake silencer removal mod aswell as deckplate mod. that will help. Do an electric fan swap. swap your cat for a high flow one and high perf. muffler but dont go much bigger on the tailpipe. also keep it tuned and lubed and you will be happy.
Thanks for your help!
Old 05-25-2004, 12:01 PM

Thanks for your help!
Sure, no problem & anytime. Ben
Old 05-30-2004, 07:16 PM
Contributing Member

Hi Shannon. Yep it's me. I want to get a lift really bad. I finally took my dork boards off last weekend. How's things goin? Did you and your daughter get those stickers off her truck?
You took off the dork boards? Good for you! You're a step ahead of me.

As far as those stupid stripes....ugh! The decals are off but the sticky residue is still there and it looks so ugly. I've tried 3 different products to get it off, plus 2 scrapers (and all my fingernails), and nothing's worked yet. I swear they used superglue to attach those things. I've taken a break from working on it out of frustration! My saga continues.......

Good job coming over to 4roc, too!

How's the lift search coming? Any decisions?
Old 05-30-2004, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Funrunner
You took off the dork boards? Good for you! You're a step ahead of me.

As far as those stupid stripes....ugh! The decals are off but the sticky residue is still there and it looks so ugly. I've tried 3 different products to get it off, plus 2 scrapers (and all my fingernails), and nothing's worked yet. I swear they used superglue to attach those things. I've taken a break from working on it out of frustration! My saga continues.......

Good job coming over to 4roc, too!

How's the lift search coming? Any decisions?
I did this same thing. It took me forever. I tried everything under the sun and I can't believe I still have paint on my truck. What finally did the job was "Oops". I bought this stuff at a Hobby story and it's a spray. You spray it on let it sit for a sec and scrape it with your finger nail. (I found that the finger nail works best because of how flexible it is and they're not strong enough to damage your truck) This worked for me. Slow process. Good luck!
Old 05-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Banned

dude, be careful Blake ... don't want you flipping over in the mud bogs too!
Old 05-30-2004, 07:47 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Designsbyme
I did this same thing. It took me forever. I tried everything under the sun and I can't believe I still have paint on my truck. What finally did the job was "Oops". I bought this stuff at a Hobby story and it's a spray. You spray it on let it sit for a sec and scrape it with your finger nail. (I found that the finger nail works best because of how flexible it is and they're not strong enough to damage your truck) This worked for me. Slow process. Good luck!
Okay, now I'm going to add "Oops" to my arsenal. I'll have to check some local craft/hobby stores to see if they carry it around here. Thanks, it's worth a shot! I'll try anything at this point. I did do a bit of paint damage already from all the chemicals softening the paint and then scraping too hard.

The truck is a 93 and I think it (the stripe) must have really baked on over the years. I haven't heard of anyone else having such a time as me, though. Murphy's Law, I guess! Thanks, your help is appreciated.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:36 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Funrunner
The truck is a 93 and I think it (the stripe) must have really baked on over the years. I haven't heard of anyone else having such a time as me, though. Murphy's Law, I guess! Thanks, your help is appreciated.
If you are talking about the factory stripe I've heard a hair dryer and carefully using a razor will take them right off.
Some tips in here,
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...emoving+stripe
I don't know why everyone wants to take them off though. They are the cooooolest, like peeing your pants. (Billy Madison reference for anyone that didn't get it and just put me in there ingnore list )
Old 05-30-2004, 08:52 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Waterboy
If you are talking about the factory stripe I've heard a hair dryer and carefully using a razor will take them right off.
Some tips in here,
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...emoving+stripe
I don't know why everyone wants to take them off though. They are the cooooolest, like peeing your pants. (Billy Madison reference for anyone that didn't get it and just put me in there ingnore list )
Yes, the factory stripe....it's da debil! I take it you have one and like it? I saw your truck but I forgot if you have the stripe. If I knew then what I know now....... I wouldn't have attempted the removal.

I did the hair dryer and scraping fun. Now, it's the matter of glue residue removal that's the problem, Jesse. It's not budging. Thanks for that link!

Ignore list? Never!
Old 05-30-2004, 09:05 PM
Contributing Member

Lisa -

Sorry this went off your lift topic! I apologize for that.

If you want more help with the lift, put a thread in the main forum and lots more people will see it there than just here in our little Washington world. ESPECIALLY if they know you're a girl, lol! They'll be tripping all over themselves to talk to you then. (Right guys?) j/k