Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

4wheelonline.com

Old 04-06-2005, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4wheelonline.com

I realize this is a rant, but bare with me. I just dont want any of you to get the kind of service i did.

About two weeks ago, maybe 2 1/2, i purchased a body lift online. I spent some time searching for the company with a cheaper price since all offered the same product. I found 4wheelonline.com and was happy with the price. I decided to call them a speak to them over the phone to address some of my concerns. I talked to one of the representatives and he assured me this is a good product and also told me that they had a wharehouse with some in stock 30 minutes away from my house. He took my credit card information, told me they would ship it out that day and it would be to my house in 2 days.

5 days latter i called and asked where my lift kit was. They informed me that instead of leaving the corona wharehouse, it was shipped outside of the pennsylvania wharehouse (not so close). So i clamly accepted it and asked where my tracking number was (as the gentleman i spoke to that took my order told me he would e-mail it to me the next day--which he never did), so i asked for my tracking number and they said they didn't have it. But they could get it to me (i've heard this before) by the next day. 3 days later they called me and left a message saying that they charged my credit card, but never placed an order. So basically ive waited two weeks for something i paid for, but they never ordered.

This is by far the worst service ever. They did not even have any remorse, they simply could care less about me or my business.

I would like to worn all of you to stay away from 4wheelonline.com, the 10 dollars you save (roughly) is definately not worth it. I am still trying to get my product, but as most of you would, expect some sort of discount for having to go through this. They are giving me the run around, and i am fed up.

STAY AWAY FROM 4WHELLONLINE.COM

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 05-14-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:37 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man, srry to hear that. hope everything work out for you.
If you get youre money back look up roger Brown and get a kit from him. he is not the cheapest, but he is ,IMHO, the best for a body lift. heres his website.
WWW.4crawler.com
He is also a member on this board.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:16 AM

Just wanted to give an update. It has now been roughly 3-4 weeks since my order. I was just now contacted today saying that it had ot been shipped cause the gap guards were backordered (which we all know could have been shipped at a later date and installed at a later date)
They are now working on some sort of compensation, and am waiting for them to get back to me.

I hope no one else ever goes through this
Old 01-03-2008, 03:29 PM

Red face

I purchased a tonneau cover from 4wheelonline and wound up with more than I bargained for. I must state up front that I created the problem by not paying attention to what I was purchasing. I thought I was purchasing a tonneau cover for a Frontier King Cab, but when I was taken to the selection part of the process, it defaulted to a Frontier Crew Cab instead. I didn’t notice this and went ahead and ordered the part. This was at the beginning of November 2007. Well, after a ton of emails and finally, contact with a live person, the correct cover was shipped and I received it just before Christmas. Yes, over a month later. The problem I ran into was the 25% restocking fee that I had to pay. That added another $82.49 to my cost and their profit. Add the shipping cost to send the wrong part back and my actual cost rose by another $22. The product that was a very good price in the beginning ($329.95) wound up costing me $434.44, so it wasn’t such a bargain in the long run. The bottom-line at this point is that I should have purchased the item at a local truck warehouse. I would have had it the next day and if the wrong one was shipped, they would have exchanged it free.
The process of returning anything at 4wheelonline is painfully slow, but they did finally correct the situation after an agonizing wait. My warning to anyone purchasing from 4wheelonline is to make sure you know exactly what you are ordering and triple-check the part description before you make the purchase. I would also recommend that you speak to a person instead of making the purchase solely online so if there is a mistake made, they can take the responsibility for making it. I suggested to them that they do a simple and quick quality check of their online orders to make sure their customers are ordering the right items(s) because I registered my truck as a King Cab, but they did not catch my mistake when ordering something for a Crew Cab. If I purchase from them in the future, I will be sure to follow my own advice. Remember … Buyer Beware!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:36 PM

I have bought a few things from them and have had no problems. Sorry for your misfortune.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by tonyvall
I purchased a tonneau cover from 4wheelonline and wound up with more than I bargained for. I must state up front that I created the problem by not paying attention to what I was purchasing. I thought I was purchasing a tonneau cover for a Frontier King Cab, but when I was taken to the selection part of the process, it defaulted to a Frontier Crew Cab instead. I didn’t notice this and went ahead and ordered the part. This was at the beginning of November 2007. Well, after a ton of emails and finally, contact with a live person, the correct cover was shipped and I received it just before Christmas. Yes, over a month later. The problem I ran into was the 25% restocking fee that I had to pay. That added another $82.49 to my cost and their profit. The product that was a very good price in the beginning ($329.95) wound up costing me $412.44, so it wasn’t such a bargain in the long run. The bottom-line at this point is that I should have purchased the item at a local truck warehouse. I would have had it the next day and if it was the wrong one, they would have exchanged it free.
The process of returning anything at 4wheelonline is painfully slow, but they did finally correct the situation after an agonizing wait. My warning to anyone purchasing from 4wheelonline is to make sure you know exactly what you are ordering and triple-check the part description before you make the purchase. I would also recommend that you speak to a person instead of making the purchase solely online so if there is a mistake made, they can take the responsibility for making it. I suggested to them that they do a simple and quick quality check of their online orders to make sure their customers are ordering the right items(s) because I registered my truck as a King Cab, but they did not catch my mistake when ordering something for a Crew Cab. If I purchase from them in the future, I will be sure to follow my own advice. Remember … Buyer Beware!

well let the fire begin. i work for 4wheelonline and you said it your self "i was not paying attention." for if you dont pay attention you will pay restocking fees,only if you return the product. wich you dont have to do. the company i work for is far from perfect, but dont raise hell for your mistake.

Last edited by road racer; 03-29-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Tato97T100
I realize this is a rant, but bare with me. I just dont want any of you to get the kind of service i did.

About two weeks ago, maybe 2 1/2, i purchased a body lift online. I spent some time searching for the company with a cheaper price since all offered the same product. I found 4wheelonline.com and was happy with the price. I decided to call them a speak to them over the phone to address some of my concerns. I talked to one of the representatives and he assured me this is a good product and also told me that they had a wharehouse with some in stock 30 minutes away from my house. He took my credit card information, told me they would ship it out that day and it would be to my house in 2 days.

5 days latter i called and asked where my lift kit was. They informed me that instead of leaving the corona wharehouse, it was shipped outside of the pennsylvania wharehouse (not so close). So i clamly accepted it and asked where my tracking number was (as the gentleman i spoke to that took my order told me he would e-mail it to me the next day--which he never did), so i asked for my tracking number and they said they didn't have it. But they could get it to me (i've heard this before) by the next day. 3 days later they called me and left a message saying that they charged my credit card, but never placed an order. So basically ive waited two weeks for something i paid for, but they never ordered.

This is by far the worst service ever. They did not even have any remorse, they simply could care less about me or my business.

I would like to worn all of you to stay away from 4wheelonline.com, the 10 dollars you save (roughly) is definately not worth it. I am still trying to get my product, but as most of you would, expect some sort of discount for having to go through this. They are giving me the run around, and i am fed up.

STAY AWAY FROM 4WHELLONLINE.COM

about this guy......

there are a couple of lies right off the bat.

*first of all no one, and i mean no one, gets there item shipped out the same day. unless expedited shipping was paid. so that we told you i will ship the same day is a lie.
(all order take a 24hr process)

*second we drop ship that item fom the manufactor direct, so when you say we would ship from corona (california) i assume. that is a lie because the manufactor is in nevada.

*third there are no warehouses in pennsylvania.

*last all credit cards are charged the day the order gets placed. we are not going to go through the trouble of process the order, generate a po, sent it the the warehouse when you are too broke for the item you want.

*now enough excuses. some time the manufactor does not get the po and an order will sit for weeks open. like i said we are far from perfect and we try to follow up and all order but some do fall through the cracks. it happens when you deal with hundreds of orders and manufactor.

*to sum up. if i order any product online. i make sure i do my home work by calling the manufactor of the product. get all the information/part numbers i need before i give anybody my credit card number.
i read all return policies before i order the items (cause ups does not work for free) and keep track of my order. cause i only have one order to keep an eye on and they have hundreds.

well feel free to fire away, i will try to keep up with you guys.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Contributing Member

"the company i wotk for is far from perfect", but you got an attitude for him?
Old 03-29-2009, 11:00 AM

nah just a lil statement.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:26 PM

had some problems with them too, i'll never buy from them again.

check out roger brown for sure
Old 06-09-2009, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by road racer
about this guy......

there are a couple of lies right off the bat.

*third there are no warehouses in pennsylvania.
I wonder who is lying!?

Below is a shipping map from 4 Wheel Online: http://www.4wheelonline.com/shipping.aspx

Last time I checked, "PA" is the abbreviated postal code for Pennsylvania. They not only have one warehouse in PA, but they advertise THREE warehouses in PA! Either this guy is a fraud, or he does not really know the company he works for. I would really like to know which because I was contacted by someone (Name Withheld as requested) to do a link exchange with 4WheelOnline.com. I did a Google search and here I am. I see a guy on this BB, claiming to work for 4WheelOnline.com, calling someone a liar. I am not going to be putting any link to a dishonest company on my website.

URL of actual image: http://www.4wheelonline.com/images/WarehouseMap.gif

Copy of the email:

Dear Webmaster,

Hi. I would like to request a link exchange between our sites. Our site, http://www.4wheelonline.com/ , has a high PR and good ranking in Google with many keywords.

Below is the information of our site:

Title: 4 Wheel Online
URL: http://www.4wheelonline.com
Description: Source of car, jeep, SUV and truck accessories as well as diesel performance products.

Please add our site on a ranked page (page with PageRank value) of yours and then, I will add your site (yuma4x4.org) here: http://4wheelonline.com/other-sites.htm under the Link Partners category. This page has a PageRank 2 that can benefit you also. Please tell me the exact URL, Title and Description you want me to put.

If you are interested, please reply to me at your earliest convenience.

With so much gratitude,

(Name Withheld as requested)
4WheelOnline.com

Last edited by azredliner; 06-12-2009 at 05:30 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:29 AM

FYI:

I sent a reply to (name withheld as requested) of 4WheelOnline.com and sent him a link to this thread so he can tell us who is lying.

Flat out calling someone a liar is really messed up. I think if "road racer" is an employee of 4WheelOnline.com, he should lose his job for representing a company with such a "a high PR" in such a sour way. That's my 2 cents.

Last edited by azredliner; 06-12-2009 at 02:38 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll add my opinion. About 1 and a half years ago i needed to buy 4 shocks/struts for my tacoma. they had advertised a set of 4 ranchos for a certain price (i forget what it was now). So i placed the order and a few days later 4wheelonline called me and said that since my truck had two shocks and two struts the order was going to be slightly more. Okay i asked how much more. Well it was about $160 more if i recall correctly. That is NOT SLIGHTLY MORE. it is a hell of a lot more. Long story short i called and cancled my order and bought from a local guy. Turned out to be cheaper than what 4wheelonline wanted anyway and i had them the next day. It also took a long time for them to put the money back on my card. I will not buy from them again.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:41 AM

The latest reply from 4WheelOnline:

I told this guy about the stuff being said here, about 4WheelOnline to give him a chance to stand up for the company (4WheelOnline) and this was his reply...

Hi Chris,

I checked the thread to know what you’re trying to say. I truly respect your opinion and opinions of others. But sorry, I can’t help you in clearing up the issue. Because first reason is that I’m not “road racer” and secondly I’m not directly involve in the operation of 4WheelOnline. I’m just only looking for possible Link Partners for the site.

If you find my offered site not suitable in linking to your website, you are free to decline it.

Now, I just want to clean up my online identity. I hope that you will delete my name and personal email message as well as not involve my name again in the forum because again I’m not “road racer” and I don't have any wrong intention in sending you an email regarding link exchange.

Respectfully,

(name withheld as requested)
Old 09-18-2012, 11:09 AM

BEWARE of 4wheelonline

BEWARE of 4WheelOnline…They deal in blemished, customer returned items. I purchased N-fab rock rails from 4wheelonline.com on 8-14-12. I was charged $405.53. I received the rails on 8-17-12 and noticed the package was already opened and re-taped. When I opened the packaged one of the rails was out of the bubble wrap and had a scratch on it. When I tried to install the rail on my JK the bolt holes would not line up. I compared the two rails and the defective rail was ¼” shorter than the other. I then realized that the reason the rail was out of the bubble wrap and the package opened was that it was a customer returned item and they just resold the defective set of rock rails to me.
On 8-20-12 I called 4wheelonline.com and requested to return the rails for a refund at which time I was required to agree to their return policy which basically says I will accept any decision made by 4wheelonline. I did manage to get a return MRA#, at which time they tried to send me a second set of rails and charge my account another $405.00. (Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me)
I sent off the defective rock rails 8-20-12 and the warehouse received them 8-24-12. I was told over the phone it usually takes 7-10 business days to get a refund. On day 10 I called and was told they have no information for me. On the following week I called and was told it may take 3 weeks. When I asked why it takes so long? I was told by 4wheelonline.com “We don’t drop what we are doing just because you want to return something.” My thoughts are, if my money was good and their product was defective, then they should drop what they are doing and make it right.
Now it is 9-18-12, 35 days after my original purchase and I still don’t have my refund. OK, you don’t have to take my word for it, check out the Better Business Bureau of West Florida. I sure wished I had before doing business with 4wheelonline.com. They have a lot of employees posting great reviews of this bad company.