Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Perfect rock slider for 4th gen 4runner

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perfect rock slider for 4th gen 4runner

NitrousEnterprise has a great new bolt-on rock slider that is flush with the frame (no protruding parts to interfere with rocks), and has wide U-shape grips that won't dig into the frame under stress. Pictures are no longer on the public site, and you need to contact them directly. Check it out, it looks great. I hope they did a good job on this.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Contributing Member

Is this a joke?
Old 04-30-2005, 03:53 PM
Contributing Member

I can't wait to see the pictures
Old 04-30-2005, 04:40 PM

ISP check!
Old 04-30-2005, 04:51 PM
Banned

what happened to them? did they close up shop? i remember there was a lot of bashing here, and i never knew what it all was about....
Old 04-30-2005, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by jimabena74
what happened to them? did they close up shop? i remember there was a lot of bashing here, and i never knew what it all was about....
http://www.buyerbeware.ws/
Old 04-30-2005, 05:34 PM
Banned

also note from the Hanna thread:

Originally Posted by Rishi
Not convinced that these bolt-on sliders don't damage the frame after prolonged usage. What I'm concerned about is

a) The narrow U-bolts digging into the frame when the sliders land on rocks, producing kinks at the contact point

b) The lack of any "horizontal holding force to the frame" (U-bolts are bolted vertically in the 4th gen 4runner) to counteract the rockslider vertical play (that can increase over time when the gap between the U-bolt and the frame increases along the vertical arms of the U-bolt).

I would have preferred the U-bolts mounted horizontally, but the gas tank doesn't allow that on the driver's side
You know, "Rishi", it's funny ... for someone who complained and made up stories about Hanna's sliders being crap because they were too short, isn't it interesting that NE's sliders are about the same length?

Last edited by r0cky; 04-30-2005 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by r0cky
Obviously written by someone who has not seen the sliders firsthand.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:56 PM

NitrousEnterprise has a great new bolt-on rock slider that is flush with the frame (no protruding parts to interfere with rocks), and has wide U-shape grips that won't dig into the frame under stress. Pictures are no longer on the public site, and you need to contact them directly. Check it out, it looks great. I hope they did a good job on this.

Rishi,

Just so you know, Nitrous Enterprises, LLC ("NE") wore out their welcome at YT and other forums several months ago for numerous reasons. They are a backyard operation and their "products" are piss-poor knock-offs at best, and are designed and fabbed by a bunch of 20-something yr. old kids, and not by someone who has any substantial 4-wheeling, fabricating, or engineering acumen. Furthermore, "NE" has made several attempts to slander product designed by other more established fabricators. Their officers have been caught red-handed creating new aliases on YT solely for the purpose of promoting their own product and bashing other products. Their officers have been caught in lies that are pathological.

Before you spend a penny on their product, or pitch their product to others, ask yourself if this is the kind of operation you want to do business with, and if you want to risk your life and the lives of those around you on their products. All of this is very-well documented on the website posted previously in this thread. Study that site carefully. Alot of time and effort went into that site by someone who actually gives a damn about the well-being and safety of total strangers, and also about their wallet.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by r0cky

You know, "Rishi", it's funny ... for someone who complained and made up stories about Hanna's sliders being crap because they were too short, isn't it interesting that NE's sliders are about the same length?
You should delete the above posting since I didn't ask for your interpretation regarding what I said about Hanna's sliders.

Anyways, the NE picture showed wide U-shaped grips that I was looking for in a bolt-on slider. If they prove their product is good, I'll definitely buy it. Due to the negative publicity, they need to do a good job to convince me.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:03 PM
Banned

wow a newbie striking crap with the old trusted veteran members..... lol, those SF people......

nayways in the first post it pretty much implied he had them and they were good.... it appears now rishi actually knows nothing about the actual product.....
Old 04-30-2005, 10:03 PM
Banned

You should delete the above posting since I didn't ask for your interpretation regarding what I said about Hanna's sliders.
Did I say that was an interpretation? No. I simply pointed out that you posted about the Hanna sliders ... then I stated that it was interesting that NE falsified a testimony about the sliders being too short (and being the LC slider) and yet in their newest "slider" design, theirs are no longer than Hanna's.

Last edited by r0cky; 04-30-2005 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:17 PM

A line-by-line response for you, as best as I can answer, Rishi:

Not convinced that these bolt-on sliders don't damage the frame after prolonged usage. What I'm concerned about is

a) The narrow U-bolts digging into the frame when the sliders land on rocks, producing kinks at the contact point

Response: the ubolts support from the top of the frame, not the bottom. The sliders have flanged braces. Landing on rocks will not load the ubolts. If anything, it would take the weight of the sliders off the ubolts.

b) The lack of any "horizontal holding force to the frame" (U-bolts are bolted vertically in the 4th gen 4runner) to counteract the rockslider vertical play (that can increase over time when the gap between the U-bolt and the frame increases along the vertical arms of the U-bolt).

Response: Not sure what you mean. The sliders are flanged and butt up against the frame. There is no horizontal or vertical movement at all.

I would have preferred the U-bolts mounted horizontally, but the gas tank doesn't allow that on the driver's side

Response: If the ubolts were mounted horizontally, the effects of the leverage torquing on the ubolts would not be good. Hanna's bolt-on sliders were originally designed to work on the LC 80, a vehicle that is close to 1000 lbs. heavier than the 4Runner. These Runner sliders are similar, but not the same. They are sized to fit the curves of the 4th gen rocker panels and back door lines. Take a drive to SLO and check them out.

Last edited by RBLACAUSA; 04-30-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:26 PM
Contributing Member

Anyways, the NE picture showed wide U-shaped grips that I was looking for in a bolt-on slider. If they prove their product is good, I'll definitely buy it. Due to the negative publicity, they need to do a good job to convince me.
Do you have pics of these new wonder sliders? I find it amazing that you will immediately trust a vendor, without trying their product or even seeing it in real life.

The funny thing is that you have comments on Hanna's sliders, yet they have been proven on rigs weighing 1000-2000lbs more than the 4Runners on trails like the Rubicon, etc over many years. I have yet to see any of the NE products proven on hardcore trails.

The last NE sliders I saw was a joke. So let us see the new ones.

Below is why I had no issue with trusting the judgement of Hanna's design.

Last edited by bulldog-yota; 04-30-2005 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:46 PM

That's the kind of reply which makes YotaTech so useful !
Old 04-30-2005, 10:59 PM
Contributing Member

That's the kind of reply which makes YotaTech so useful !
Yep it is one of those places where it gives you what you put in.

Do you have pics of the NE sliders?
Old 04-30-2005, 11:05 PM

I do have the pictures, but you have to get them directly from NE.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Banned

http://nitrousenterprises.com/shrock1.jpg
http://nitrousenterprises.com/shrock2.jpg
http://nitrousenterprises.com/shrock3.jpg
http://nitrousenterprises.com/shrock4.jpg
http://nitrousenterprises.com/shrock5.jpg
http://nitrousenterprises.com/shrock6.jpg

Last edited by r0cky; 04-30-2005 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Contributing Member

Are those the sweet sliders you were talking about Rishi??
Old 04-30-2005, 11:18 PM
Banned

Those are the ones they're advertising.

Quick Reply: Perfect rock slider for 4th gen 4runner