Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MasterFlow & SuperFlow air compressor MF-1050 & MV-50

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SuperFlow MV-50

Fellow 4 wheelers please do not take this wrong but everyone needs to look at the real picture.

One company is blowing out inventory at a VERY low price! There is a reason they are blowing them out. They got cut off and can’t get any more. :cry:

Q-Industries suggests the SuperFlow MV-50 sell for $69.99 and the MasterFlow MF-1050 for $79.99. Are those prices really to much to spend for what you are getting?

Everyone is speeding so much time and effort looking for a CHEAP price. Get over it! You should be supporting your local 4 Wheel Drive Shop. They are there to make a living just like you and I. I bet they will even help you by answering any questions you may have. Why not support the people that support your interests? If you do not support them, they may not be around when you really need them. If your rig is broken on the trail and it is late and starting to get dark it’s those local 4 wheel drive shop owners/employees that stop while other just pass you by……………… Please support the people that support your sport!
Old 11-19-2005, 07:31 AM

I was reading the first issue of 4WD ToyotaOwner and they had a portable air compressor shootout! The MF-1050 was rated 3rd or 4th overall compared with the Osais and the Viar air compressor which were about tripple the price. I just picked up a MF-1050 @ Pepboys for $59.99 and tried it out and its great!! Filled up a 33x12.5 in about 3:25sec its not bad for a $59.99.

awsumfn, your making a good point but we're all consumers here and when theres a good deal walking buy we grab it.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:40 AM
ZUK

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
JRunner90----Is there some way you could scan or take some clear pics of the charts of the "shoot-out"? I would sure be curious which compressor models they used and their important criterias. ZUK
Old 11-19-2005, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ZUK
JRunner90----Is there some way you could scan or take some clear pics of the charts of the "shoot-out"? I would sure be curious which compressor models they used and their important criterias. ZUK
I'll scan the article if you promise to go get a subscription tomorrow. The magazine is well worth it and it needs all the support we can give.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:14 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by awsumfn
Everyone is speeding so much time and effort looking for a CHEAP price. Get over it! You should be supporting your local 4 Wheel Drive Shop. They are there to make a living just like you and I. I bet they will even help you by answering any questions you may have. Why not support the people that support your interests? If you do not support them, they may not be around when you really need them. If your rig is broken on the trail and it is late and starting to get dark it’s those local 4 wheel drive shop owners/employees that stop while other just pass you by……………… Please support the people that support your sport!
In a perfect world that would be great. Personally there are no 4wd shops around here worth a damn. They can perform the work and it is done right, but.

But gear installs are ridiculous, the shops stock nothing, prices are more than other retailers+ sales tax.

I am all for supporting local everything, but unfortunately there just isn't shops here like there are in other parts of the country. I wish I had the capital to open a local off-road/ fab shop that was all about wheeling--not just big tires of brand new fullsize trucks. Not knocking that, but.....

You have to go where the deals are. Rant off.

If anyone wants to lend me a bunch of money to buy a warehouse I will be more than happy to open a retail shop
Old 11-19-2005, 09:21 AM

Here ya go, files are big so you can see the fine quality of the excellent magazine.

http://protrux.net/compressor/

SUBSRCIBE SUBSRCIBE SUBSCRIBE SUBSCRIBE SUBSCRIBE
Old 11-19-2005, 09:37 AM

Actually is the MF-1050 aka Superflow came in 5th but thats still good!!! Yea subscribe to this magazine its great. All toyota's and great articles and evrything! Go subscribe @ http://www.4wdtoyotaowner.com !
Old 11-19-2005, 01:14 PM

Q-Industries
Q89 Air Compressor
The “DUALLY”

Q-Industries just released a limited supply of these new “Twin Pump” air compressors out. If you have heard about the SuperFlow MV-50 you’ve heard about Q-Industries.

They have brought the bar up another notch with this new compressor! We did some air up times on two different size tires. Each tire was aired down to 10lbs and then aired up to 30lbs and here is what out tests cam up with:

31x10.5x15
1 minute 25 seconds

33x12.5x15
1 minute 55 seconds

DETAIL
Dual pump with single motor (Test unit was chrome)

12 volt power cord is 10’ long. It also contain the on/off switch and circuit breaker reset.

28’ coiled air hose with gauge

Sturdy metal base so this may sit in sand and not fall over

Rubber mounts from compressor to the base.

Nice heavy duty handle to carry it around to each tire without burning yourself

Black carry bag just like the others

NOTE: I have not received the motor and pump specs yet but I will post them when I get them. Bottom line people are really just interested in the air up times because the other numbers do not mean much to most.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by JRunner90
I was reading the first issue of 4WD ToyotaOwner and they had a portable air compressor shootout! The MF-1050 was rated 3rd or 4th overall compared with the Osais and the Viar air compressor which were about tripple the price. I just picked up a MF-1050 @ Pepboys for $59.99 and tried it out and its great!! Filled up a 33x12.5 in about 3:25sec its not bad for a $59.99.

awsumfn, your making a good point but we're all consumers here and when theres a good deal walking buy we grab it.
The thing is the KILLER deal has really dried up! Ya there are still a few out there in a few chain stores but unless you are driving a 3 cylinder GEO all over your going to spend more money and time than what your really saving. To me time is worth a lot!

Speaking of time. I just complete some air up times tests on the new Q-89 "DUALLY" compressore by Q-Industries. These times are from 10lbs to 30lbs

31x10.5x15 = 1 minute 25 seconds
33x12.5x15 = 1 minute 55 seconds

This compressore is less than $200 TAKE THAT VIARE!
Old 11-19-2005, 04:50 PM

Picked up my 1050 today for 39.99 but just dont ask me how. I love it and its good enough for what I'm gonna use it for.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:21 PM

I know this is an old thread, but thanks for the info! I'm trying to get a master flow MF-1050 off eBay. Seeing how the superflow stacked up against the rest in those scans was nice. I've been thinking about an Oasis setup, but the cost has held me back for now. Definitely subscribing soon!
Old 02-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Contributing Member

Pep Boys has the MF1050 for $45 after rebate. (til march 3)

Google pep boys They are a parts store, but I don't know how widespread.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:48 PM

yeah, nearest one's a good 45 min to an hour away and they don't sell it online. Only option is to select it online, print out a list and go to the store...

Edit: I saw it earlier today while searching. Was hoping I wouldn't have to drive that far and waste the gas. lol

Last edited by piercedtiger; 02-18-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Contributing Member

If your a Costco member.........

MasterFlow Q89

Chrome High Volume Portable Air Compressor
For Trucks, SUVs, RVs & All Other Full-Size Vehicles

$149.99
Item # 173694
Shipping & Handling included *
Old 02-19-2007, 05:03 AM

Thanks. I saw that one too. Not a Costco member, and I don't have any nearby. Heck, I don't know if they even have one in NY! Still, nice to see S&H is included... Wonder if I'd have to pay tax if they don't have a location in NY.... hmmmmm.... Might be worth looking into. More than I wanted to pay (since the other superflow's were going as low as $25) but still cheaper than most other solutions I've looked at.

I figured a MF1050 would be a go stop-gap solution until I get the money/parts/time to do a full OBA setup that can run tools as well as air up/down. Will have to research the specs on the Q89 some more I think!
Old 02-19-2007, 05:56 AM

Do these only run off 12 volt, or can you plug them into a wall outlet?

Rob
Old 02-19-2007, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by rdlsz24
Do these only run off 12 volt, or can you plug them into a wall outlet?

Rob

12v only. They have clips to hook straight to the battery so you don't blow fuses use a cig outlet.

Last edited by piercedtiger; 02-19-2007 at 06:16 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:52 AM

Just a warning about these compressors. This is definitly a case of getting what you pay for. On one hand they are cheap which is great. On the other hand, they are cheap. The cylinder head on mine cracked when I tried to thread in a pressure switch, the seal on the valves inside was cracked, allowing air to seep between the intake and output chambers, and the cylinder itself had porosities in the metal. It still runs, but won't build up much pressure. These are all defects that I found after running it only once. Its a good little compressor, but these quality issues right out of the box worry me. Just my take on these.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:09 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CenCalRunner
The cylinder head on mine cracked when I tried to thread in a pressure switch, the seal on the valves inside was cracked, allowing air to seep between the intake and output chambers, and the cylinder itself had porosities in the metal.
You have to tap the hole first, they aren't standard 1/4-18 NPT threads

Last edited by mastacox; 02-22-2007 at 05:11 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:42 AM
Contributing Member

never had any issues with my 1050....... much faster than the gas station coin op pumps.

Quick Reply: MasterFlow & SuperFlow air compressor MF-1050 & MV-50