Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I can finally modify my rig!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 12:50 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I put the wheels on and they looked so awesome. But the wheels had the wrong backspacing and rubbed really bad. Im gettin some bfg at tires on nov. 15th. And im also looking for a set of cheap black steelies to mount them on.

Anyway, here is a couple pictures without the running boards, and a couple of them are taken at the same spot as my avatar picture, or whatever it is, for comparison.

Last edited by 2DoorRunner; 10-31-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:39 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
If you want to see how my buddy has a set of 33/10.5/15 on stock rims. You can come test them on you rig. PM if interested.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by muddpigg
If you want to see how my buddy has a set of 33/10.5/15 on stock rims. You can come test them on you rig. PM if interested.
Thanks for the offer, but my parents dont want me getting 33s now because those ones rubbed. But i might be able to talk them into it. What kind of tires? and how much tread?
Old 10-31-2009, 02:02 PM
Banned

oh, and where do you (or your friend) live?
Old 11-01-2009, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How loing have you had your 4runner? im gettin mine soon and im excited and have big plans for it! but after your done with that its gonna look and work GOOOOOOOOD.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:39 AM

32s on stock rims wont rub..
Old 11-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by trucks!09
How loing have you had your 4runner? im gettin mine soon and im excited and have big plans for it! but after your done with that its gonna look and work GOOOOOOOOD.
Ive had it for like 8 months or something, and yeah i cant wait to have it exatly how i want it.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by 2DoorRunner
oh, and where do you (or your friend) live?
He's in Graham, I'm on Ft Lewis. I gave the wheels/tires to him, had to get rid of them and was deploying so was short on time. I don't know if he's interested in selling them. But you could test them out. These are the pics I posted them with when for sale, They just sit at his house.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Banned

He's in Graham, I'm on Ft Lewis. I gave the wheels/tires to him, had to get rid of them and was deploying so was short on time. I don't know if he's interested in selling them. But you could test them out. These are the pics I posted them with when for sale, They just sit at his house.

Sorry man, my parents dont like the idea of 33s because the last ones rubbed. They never listen to me
Old 11-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Banned

I have also been looking for a t-case crossmember/skidplate. I found 2, but im not sure which one is better.
http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/4runarmor.htm
^^Its at the very bottom of the page.
http://www.wabfab.org/products/tcase/tcase.htm
^^Its at the bottom too.

The first one is 225 with shipping, and wabbits is 255.
What do you guys think?
Old 11-03-2009, 06:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry man, my parents dont like the idea of 33s because the last ones rubbed. They never listen to me
Time to get a job and make your own decisions.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wheelingnoob
Time to get a job and make your own decisions.
Hey! not cool! I have a job at an autoshop, my parents are just totally anal about some stuff.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:52 PM

Having a job is a good start. Be very very patient with building up. I am lucky enough to have a great girlfriend that keeps me from buying every little thing off of craigslist. Don't want to go broke now
Old 11-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DethYota
Having a job is a good start. Be very very patient with building up. I am lucky enough to have a great girlfriend that keeps me from buying every little thing off of craigslist. Don't want to go broke now
Aw man i know! I want to buy everything! Addicted offroad bumpers, wabfab tube doors, a lift, 33s, black steelies, 4.70 t-case gears, t-case skid plate, lockers, manual hubs, roof rack, and a cb. Thats not even all of it. I want more money
Old 11-03-2009, 07:15 PM

I have also been looking for a t-case crossmember/skidplate. I found 2, but im not sure which one is better.
http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/4runarmor.htm
^^Its at the very bottom of the page.
http://www.wabfab.org/products/tcase/tcase.htm
^^Its at the bottom too.

The first one is 225 with shipping, and wabbits is 255.
What do you guys think?
The low range place has the dual case plate from Trail Gear (same as Wabbit) and they also have the single case skids from Budbuilt.

I have a Budbuilt and love it, fantastic quality. I also upgraded that to a dual case plate in anticipation of eventually having dual cases. You can do that too by purchasing directly from Budbuilt if you like. The TG plate is already a dual case plate. Now that I have a 4.7 low gear, I may not ever go to duals so... we shall see. I haven't had an opportunity to see a TG crossmember in person. Many on this board rag on TG quality but I have plenty of TG parts on my truck with no problems whatsoever. One difference I see on the parts is that the TG is a single piece of metal so you may need to remove it for some items of work on your t case. The Budbuilt has a plate that bolts to the crossmember and can be removed for easier access to the t case. On the other hand I have heard of folks with issues of getting that Budbuilt plate unbolted in areas that actually have weather (not a problem for me in AZ) because the bolts get frozen/rusted in place. Check with Wabbit about the TG plate as I'm trying to determine this from a relatively small pic with relatively old eyes and I could have it all wrong. Good luck.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:03 PM

Aw man i know! I want to buy everything! Addicted offroad bumpers, wabfab tube doors, a lift, 33s, black steelies, 4.70 t-case gears, t-case skid plate, lockers, manual hubs, roof rack, and a cb. Thats not even all of it. I want more money
Start with this and then wheel for a while. Then make more decisions.

http://www.sonoransteel.com/Early_IFS_Brace.html
http://www.budbuilt.com/new/single_cross_members.html BB84S single or BB84D for a dual
http://www.aussielocker.com/item.php...0/320008/.html
http://www.stubbswelding.com/rocksliders.htm get the standards
Old 11-03-2009, 08:04 PM

There's alot of rebadging in the feild of truck parts. If you shop around you can find some killer deals. Especially on trailgear they make a fortune on their stuff because of being produced overseas so much so that TG limits the discount that distibutors can give, so some make it up by giving an approved discount and say free shipping. But don't go posting it all over tarnation as the distibutors who don't do such things complain and can cost the guy cutting you some slack his contract with TG. Yes its happened. And don't go complaining to trailgear neither that you can get their products cheaper for this guy neither, cause that's hadn't too.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLKNBLU
Thanks! You just did all my work for me. I noticed all the 30 spline aussies have the same part number. What is the IFS brace for? Does it just make it more durable or something? I havent seen them before.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:43 PM

EDIT: On the Aussie, just make sure you don't get the one for the 6 cyl by accident.

Thanks! You just did all my work for me. I noticed all the 30 spline aussies have the same part number. What is the IFS brace for? Does it just make it more durable or something? I havent seen them before.
Exactly. You can potentially bend or otherwise booger up the rear of your IFS if you come down hard on it because there is no brace/crossmember like in the front. The brace fixes that. Downey used to make them before they went belly up and that is what I had. It was pretty cheesy compared to the Sonoran Steel piece but I got mine before Steve started making his. That said, it seemed to do it's job. Below is a pic of my front and rear braces, removed during SAS. They are beat to crap but my truck stayed aligned etc.

Last edited by BLKNBLU; 11-03-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:50 PM

if my parents did that to me id kill em.

im 16 check my sig for my runner thread. nothing crazy but its nice and still gets me places wheelin.

Quick Reply: I can finally modify my rig!