Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone from B.C./Canada do a TRD/OME suspension lift?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone from B.C./Canada do a TRD/OME suspension lift?

hey all, new guy here (with a stock '97 sr5 5spd 4wd) but i've been reading threads for a while now. great resource you all have created!

i've decided to follow the sage advice of the yotatech faithful and do a trd/ome suspension lift. i'm living in vancouver, bc and was wondering if anyone up thisaways has put this gear on their rig, and if so, where did you get your stuff?

i can tell you, prices for tundra trd coils hurt much more in cdn $$ ($203/coil from toyota stealer )!!

thanks in advance!
Old 08-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Banned

did you look at www.toyotapartsales.com ? they have each tundra coil for $84 US...not sure how much that is cdn
Old 08-24-2005, 12:42 PM

Thanks for that garrett, i've emailed barb at toyotapartsales and will get a quote for the gear.

i'm sure that canada customs will stick it to me...

cheers
Old 08-25-2005, 07:31 PM

i did the OME suspension lift, with downey springs and spacers, bj spacers.

makes a hell of a difference
Old 08-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Contributing Member

I am seriously looking into it too. I also got the '97. When you order from the States, maybe we can do something together on the shipping or get a groupbuy going or something.
I was thinking of the medium setup all around with ome shocks.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:14 PM

I'm seriously looking into this lift too. I just don't know what I'd do with my current lift. I've already bought my self some FZJ80 coils for the rear, so I'm sorta commited to redoing my suspension somehow.

When I was looking into buying the OME shocks last year, I think NSOR had some pretty competitive prices on the OME shocks.

How much would shipping be? You also have to account for the stupid broker's fee (I think this varies from one shipping company to another but UPS charged me an extra $50 before).

Anyways, I'm gonna check out the prices for these coils at my favorite stealership tomorrow.

I'll let you guys know what price they give me.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:35 AM

hey canuks, good to hear from you. yeah, maybe a group rate could work.

i've looked into NSOR for OME stuff and wow, expensive compared to odering from barb at toyotapartsales.com - even with shipping (NSOR = 360.00 per pair for N91s while barb = 212.00 cdn = per pair). shipping was $81 for two pairs of ome shocks and ome rear coils. not too bad. i'm waiting to hear from celica (on yotaech) from calgary who has just ordered from barb and will spill the beans on customs charges. i'll let you know when i know.

oscar, where'd you get the 'cruiser coils? cheap?

catch you later...
Old 08-30-2005, 02:29 PM

Keep us informed on your progress.

A few weeks ago there was a Land Cruiser meet/show and shine out in Surrey. I went out there looking for FZJ80 owners and got lucky.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Oscar
Anyways, I'm gonna check out the prices for these coils at my favorite stealership tomorrow.

What are you going to do with your WAYDO springs and shocks? Sell them? I need to replace current set up.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Oscar
I'm seriously looking into this lift too. I just don't know what I'd do with my current lift. I've already bought my self some FZJ80 coils for the rear, so I'm sorta commited to redoing my suspension somehow.

When I was looking into buying the OME shocks last year, I think NSOR had some pretty competitive prices on the OME shocks.

How much would shipping be? You also have to account for the stupid broker's fee (I think this varies from one shipping company to another but UPS charged me an extra $50 before).

If you get stuff sent accross the border, request that it be sent via post (USPS Parcel Service). The USPS has no brokerage fee (the surprise fee that you have to pay for it crossing the border), but UPS and Fedex do. As long as you can wait an extra 2-3 days (I know it can be tough), the USPS is the way to go I've found in the past.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Contributing Member

Interesting to know on USPS. I just got nailed by UPS when I ordered my Brembo front brakes for the 4Runner. $50 at the door, else you won't get you package.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:18 PM

i'm in the market for buying some bj spacers myself - so if there's a group buy for them let me know - as for the coils and all that jazz - im a leaf spring man

maybe i'll attempt a 63 chev swap while im at it. anyone know if there's an easier swap with shorter springs?
Old 09-01-2005, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by arjan
Interesting to know on USPS. I just got nailed by UPS when I ordered my Brembo front brakes for the 4Runner. $50 at the door, else you won't get you package.
i get my stuff shipped to ship happens in sumas and then bring it across..theres no brokerage fees then...its 1min across the sumas border.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by yeaitsme
i get my stuff shipped to ship happens in sumas and then bring it across..theres no brokerage fees then...its 1min across the sumas border.
I've heard about that place, I always found it a hassle to cross the border. Do you declare the goods at the Canadian border?

On a different note, where is your shop exactly located. A neighbour has one of your bumpers on his lifted '80s blazer. Nice looking truck, and I like the bumper with the lights in it.
I meant to come and check your shop out, but haven't gotten around to it.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:19 PM

yea thats my buddys truck,dustyn..its at my shop right now..i used to do it in mission but have a bigger shop on ross rd and 58th now..never had a problem and i do it alot!!! going across the border..you will save alot..yea stop by and say hi sometime...taran
Old 09-02-2005, 10:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey I'm interested in doing this lift as well, I have some crappy azz fabtech lift right now that says right on it "not for use off-road".

I'm thinking we should do a group buy for all us BC guys, how many would be interested?
Old 09-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Contributing Member

Taran,

This is the Chev I mentioned, I guess that Dustins. I've talked to him before, but didn't know his name.

I wouldn't mind a bumper like that on my Runner. I could use the marker lights for signaling. I just dont care for the hoop on it.

I actually drive by your shop almost every day, I work in the Glenn Valley on the north end of Bradner quite a bit. I looked when I drove there this morning, but didn't see anything obvious (no signage I guess).
Old 09-04-2005, 12:38 PM

yea i havent even had time to set up the inside yet been really busy and we took a month off to go to n.y.c and stuff..the place the made my stickers and stuff went out of business to so i got to find another sign shop for all that..they did a bunch of landscapeing in the front with some pounds kinda lakes?? its a long gravel rd on ross rd right in front of 58th..to the back on the right..
Old 09-15-2005, 08:16 PM

An updates by anyone yet?

I don't know if any of you are interested in cruiser coils, but there's a set in the "for sale toyota" section of the BC4x4.com. http://www.bc4x4.com

You'll have to sign up to see the info, if you haven't already done so. The guys selling all 4 springs, I don't know if he'll split the set. I can PM you the info if you can't access it.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Contributing Member

Which coils from the cruiser coils could I use for the 4Runner? I was looking at that too.

Quick Reply: Anyone from B.C./Canada do a TRD/OME suspension lift?