Sportsman Section Hunting, guns/rifles, knives, archery, and fishing topics go here

Gun ban over?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TDiddy
Just curious as to what the local laws were that caused them to confiscate your gun, and what they said they could have charged you with, especially since you had a permit? If you don't mind going in to the story that is.
August 1994, my girlfriend went to a party at a friends house. At midnight I received a cell call with her faint voice indicating she wasn’t feeling good. Arrived at friends house to discover she wasn’t their. Her friend indicated she wasn’t there. Girlfriend’s car was parked near the front to her friend’s house.

An investigation began around the surrounding area. I returned friend’s house to ask more questions. Friend repeated story. My cell rang. I answered it and a male voice told me he was going to kill me if I didn’t leave. I rushed out of the house believing this person was near. At about the same time a male opened the front door of the adjacent house carrying a .22 Ruger single action revolver with a 7.5 inch barrel. He repeated his threat and went into the adjacent house.

I returned to my vehicle and retrieved; one Norinco 1911A1 semi-automatic, one 8 shot magazine both contained in a clip nylon holster and returned. The male observed me returning and exited the house from the front door pointing the revolver. At this moment it was dark except for street light covering me. The male noticed my .45 made some incoherent remarks and returned to his house.

A private security guard approached me and announced he had called the police.

I provided ID who I was and returned my firearm to my vehicle while waiting for the police.

Police arrived about 15 minutes. Officers questioned me regarding why I was there. After the questioned the police asked what type of firearm the male had. The police entered the male’s house a few minutes later.

The male was handcuffed and lead to a police cruiser. The area Police Sergeant (supervisor) entered the scene and told the officers to arrest me based on a second call from my girlfriend’s friend. There was a lengthy discussion between the private security guard and the police. The Sergeant changed his mind. I was ordered to surrender my firearm based on a domestic abuse law. I did so.

My girlfriend was given valium by her friend. Her friend had been bribed with a small bag of pot. The male was my girlfriend’s legally separated husband.

The male pleated no-contest to reckless endangerment with a firearm all other charges were dropped.

The male attempted to get me arrested for various reasons after the incident. These actions lasted two years. I lost a job over his calls to my former employer and my family received ranting calls from him. In 1995, I took a job out of state. I received calls from the male at work. In 1996, a private security firm acted on my behalf to persuade the male from calling or contacting me or my family. I have not heard from him again.

I am aware where he lives to this day.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:32 AM
Contributing Member

Wow, what a story. Sounds like you went by the book!
Old 09-15-2004, 08:46 AM

Epilogue;

I broke up with the girlfriend in ’96 for reasons not to be explained this forum.

The tragedy is both had children from different marriages. His son raped her 11 year old daughter in ’95.

Last edited by amusement; 09-15-2004 at 10:54 AM.