Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

WATRD??? Rob??? Anyone?

Old 11-02-2002, 07:14 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WATRD??? Rob??? Anyone?

Rob,

At the bottom of your profile it says "visit my website for all the gory details...".

Ok. But what is your website address. It is not listed.

I am amazed by your truck and I would like to see some more pics and get the "gory details".

Noel
Old 11-02-2002, 07:24 AM

I agree, his Tacoma is damn cool.

http://www.watrd.com/
Old 11-02-2002, 07:28 AM

tomus1000,
Just click on the WWW icon option at the bottom of his thread or reply.

If you don't see it, here it is.

Rob's Site
Old 11-02-2002, 07:41 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I was just on Rob's site and ran across a cool Taco he has linked.
http://www.bajataco.com/

Check out the custom rear cargo box he has under his canopy.
Old 11-02-2002, 09:17 AM
Contributing Member

I checked that one out a while back, pretty sweet set up. I would love to have a truck like Rob's
Old 11-02-2002, 07:09 PM
Contributing Member

Re: WATRD??? Rob??? Anyone?

Originally posted by tomus1000
Rob,

At the bottom of your profile it says "visit my website for all the gory details...".

Ok. But what is your website address. It is not listed.

I am amazed by your truck and I would like to see some more pics and get the "gory details".

Noel
I thought about listing the address, but thought it would clutter things up since there is that nifty button at the bottom of everybody's posts

In any case, thanks to all for jumping in, http://www.watrd.com is the new site It's still under construction, but it's coming along.

Thanks to all for the kind words... it's a fun, ongoing project.
Old 11-02-2002, 08:06 PM
Contributing Member

Oh yea...

I forgot all about those stupid buttons at the bottom of the post.

Thanks.

By the way Rob, the website is pretty cool. It is neat to look through all the pics and see the transformation from baby to beast.

I see that you are into trick and power kites. Me too. That is another hobby that I have spent waaaaay to much money on.

Noel
Old 11-03-2002, 08:50 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by tomus1000
Oh yea...

I forgot all about those stupid buttons at the bottom of the post.

Thanks.

By the way Rob, the website is pretty cool. It is neat to look through all the pics and see the transformation from baby to beast.

I see that you are into trick and power kites. Me too. That is another hobby that I have spent waaaaay to much money on.

Noel
I started out as a single line advocate, then someone got me hooked on stunters... next the quad-lines appeared, from there, it was "how big can I control"... hehheh The 5 meter traction kite will be the death of me yet. I harness in and tie the harness off to the truck, but it still kicks my butt from time to time. Somewhere there is a great sequence of pictures of me, being dragged down the beach, face down in the sand, at 15+ MPH It has gotten to the point that when I fly that thing in anything greater than three or four MPH, I look like hockey player from all the gear I have on

I have a somewhat out of date kite site at http://www.slimer.com/Kites if you are interested
Old 11-04-2002, 06:46 AM
Contributing Member

Rob,

I feel your pain (literally). A couple of weeks ago, I did the "get dragged down the beach thing" with a stack of 10' Flexi-Foils. Those things can get pretty violent. Next year, I plan on buying a cart. It looks like to much fun. Every time I tell someone that a kite can pick you right off the ground, they look at me like I am crazy. Maybe they are right...
Old 11-04-2002, 07:36 AM
Contributing Member

Crazy? Perhaps. But not alone... They look at me the same way when I come back into work, walking like an old man, with cuts and scrapes all over me. When I tell them that a kite caused my injuries... they just laugh

I LOVE the Flexi's. I have a bag full of more complex, fancier kites, but I always come back to the 10' Flexi's. I have a stack of black ones that keeps me entertained for hours.

I had a brief fling with buggies, but it turns out that since we can drive on our beaches here, they are considered "highways". That means that all vehicles, including buggies, must be street legal. Since my buggy didn't have plates, bumpers or anything else in that direction, it's a ticketable offense for using it So, I sand-ski, jump and levitate, but the wheels have to stay off the beach.

When I really want to have some fun, I break out the inflatable and do some kiteboarding. It's a bit chilly along the coast, but down on the Columbia river we have some great spots. I have also had some fun strapping on the snowboard and kiteboarding in the mountains. But the ski areas seem to frown on it