Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Venting the Anger

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venting the Anger

Alright, i just had to tell people cause im pissed

I was in Monroe to go see a movie at the theaters. About 5PM the movie got out and went to go home. but when i got to my truck i noticed the passenger side triangle window was shattered, and when i looked inside, my radio was gone!!:cry: not to mention when the person went to take it out, apparently they desided to rip my dash apart too. luckly that was the only thing that was stolen. at least i still got my truck. so now i got my window ducttaped over the big gap and i need to go find a replacement. stupid people, why the hell do they feel the need to steal a cheap ($150) radio? i hate theifs, basterds.

Sorry, i just had to vent my anger...

P.S. they also stole my mechanics gloves i had! GHA! stupid thiefs.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:55 PM
Contributing Member

That sucks, man. Almost like nobody can keep anything nice any more.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:00 PM
Contributing Member

I know exactly how you feel. I had my Blazer broken into while at my girlfriends apartment overnight one night. I woke up in the morning to drive 1.5hrs back to school and my passenger side window was busted out, and my sub/amp and CD case with about $500 in CD's was stolen. They didnt even steal the face plate off my stereo, just grabbed what they could. Had to have been the punk kids I used to see hanging around all the time, otherwise they would have gotten my deck out of my dash too if they were any accomplished thieves.

I was SO pissed off. I swore if I ever found out who did it they would be eating out of a straw for about 6 months. But she moved and I never found out who did it..

Best part of all is the dumba$$es used a screw driver to pry my window to break it and left a nice un reparable crease in my door pillar. They could have at least just busted the window with something instead of prying it and ruining my door.

Oh It gets me steamed just talking about it again. You really stirred that up reading your story. I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!

Old 10-28-2003, 07:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can relate.

I've had 2 vehicles I've owned broken into, including my truck that I drive now. Times like that make me really thankful that I have insurance.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
even worse than thieves are the little punks who mess with your truck just to mess with it. a month ago some kids busted my antenna off while my truck was sitting in a parking lot at a boat launch(i was in my boat). then a few days ago i noticed my passenger side door lock wouldn't fit my key in it, somebody tried getting in with a screwdriver

if i ever caught somebody in the act of doing anything to my toy, i'd probably end up having to sell it to pay for my bail/legal bills
Old 10-28-2003, 08:45 PM
Contributing Member

A few months a go I was broken into well actualy not broken more of just the door opened and the radio faceplate, money and extra keys stolen. It was somewhat my fault because I think I left the rig unlocked
Old 10-28-2003, 08:56 PM

That sucks! My truck was broken into before I bought it, the guy had it at a theatre, all four wheels taken and his jack, but I got a sliding rear window and custom wheels out of it... sad...

I have those triangles on mine too, I am always worried someone is going to get in through those, or breaking the back window. Sorry for your loss.

I am reminded of the movie boondock saints "Someone should just kill the mother(expletive)ers. Kill them all... Admit it, even you've thought about it"
Old 10-28-2003, 09:19 PM

Thieves are the worse, we should punish them with public caining!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 09:23 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss.
I seriously wish we could shoot thieves.

There's been many discussions on YotaTech here of what you can and can not do if you catch a theif in the act.

I know for sure I'd do them bodily damage though
Old 10-28-2003, 09:28 PM
Contributing Member

i think we should cut off their testicles, and wangs! if anything, make slight incisions around the groin area. that will keep them in bed for a while, and most likely will think about it before they do a crime again! jerks
Old 10-28-2003, 10:34 PM

I know EXACTLY how you feel, I had my sterio stolen out of my rig in my front yard, and they totally messed up my dash. I didn't loose a window, it was my fault, I left it down too far. Hope they catch them and that you have a good body place to take it too. I got screwed the whole time, the body place and the stero place sucked!!! Just be careful where you go!:cry:

Last edited by Erich_870; 10-28-2003 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:26 AM

I am also a victim. I had my car broken into last month. 600 bucks of damage for a friggin $80 piece of crap radio. These are not normal kids breaking into cars...these punks are tweakers. Crystal Meth tweakers...you the type; 6 foot 2, 90 pounds soaking wet, they think they are bad asses but in reality are just worthless slime punks that would sell their ass on the corner for a 5 dollar hit. Their pants are sagging not at the waistline, but at the ankles because they think it looks cool. They have to waddle instead of walk because if they walked normal, their pants would fall down even more. They haven't brushed their "tooth" for months, they stink of rotten flesh and rancid meth. I hate tweakers. I would like to see hunting tweakers legalized...a season if you will, maybe even issue tags for the season. 20 per month until extinct. If I would have found the piece of crap tweaker in my car, I would have beaten him to a bloody pulp over a 48 hour period, then mounted his stinking decapitated head on a stick in my front yard as a warning to all other tweakers to beware. The other remains of his worthless bullet ridden body I would sell to a pawn shop for 2 bucks...just as much as they get for the average hot radio they sell.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:38 AM

I've had two cars broken into and one stolen. It sucks.

The last break in was on my Celica - I have learned to overbuild mounts and such for anything I want to keep mine. My Celica break in netted the theives nothing - cost me two rear side windows...
Old 10-30-2003, 05:19 AM

I feel your pain. My new 4runner is in the bodyshop right now because some jerk decided to key both doors on the drivers side (for no reason, not even like I was taking up 2 spots or anything). Truck has 2K miles on it. To make things more irritating is that I had to get a ride to work today. I have a second backup truck (1990 Toyota 4x4) which got me 8 miles to work before the downpipe broke at the weld in front of the Cat. Nothing sounds better than a 22RE with a straight pipe. Embarassing leaving work.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:25 AM

ANY POISONOUS GAS MODS OUT THERE?

Being a victim sucks, however I think one of the guys on here should invent a Compressed vapor that paralyzes the thief and is activated with the dome lamp/broken glass--This is gas should be colorless and odorless and leaves the thief in a coma for about 4 hrs.
Then you can either call the police or...
tie a tow strap around his ankle and give him a scenic tour of the woods.
Either way justice is served // just make sure to replace toxic gas cartridge
Old 10-30-2003, 07:02 AM

I've been lucky so far, having nothing stolen out of my rig. The previous owners weren't so lucky, they had the whole truck stolen. When they got it back they put two kill switches in disguised as things like the AC switch etc. Sometimes I get lazy and don't hit the switches but stories like this get me motivated to start playing it safe again.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:11 AM
Ric
Banned - User requested

gas

i love the idea of a Compressed vapor that would ROCK, id buy it..
Old 10-30-2003, 08:45 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: gas

Originally posted by RicNkc
i love the idea of a Compressed vapor that would ROCK, id buy it..

Uh yeah....until you accidentally used it on yourself or a family member.
......while driving down the road.

We all want a piece of the idiots who steal stuff but the figthing back part is just as likely to hurt you as it is them. That wouldn't be too cool in my book. Best idea would be to mount video inside your vehicle so that any dumbass thief that does get in, will be caught on tape. Video is a thief's worst enemy!

For heaven's sake how are America's dumbest criminals caught on FOX?
Yep......video!.....sounds like a winner to me.

Last edited by MTL_4runner; 10-30-2003 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:26 AM

These criminals would just steal the video camera. My vote is for public caining, if its good enough for the Asian countries, its good enough for Americas thieves!!
Old 10-30-2003, 10:45 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by CruisingBama
These criminals would just steal the video camera. My vote is for public caining, if its good enough for the Asian countries, its good enough for Americas thieves!!
.....if they knew it was there.

Quick Reply: Venting the Anger