Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Seat covers???

Old 12-22-2007, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat covers???

I'm looking for some seat covers of my 01 4runner that will actually fit the front seats, I'd prefer camo.

The truck is green with tan interior, SR5. I bought a set from Cabelas but I might as well bought some cloth and wrapped it around the seats, the fit was so poor. Speaking of poor, I'd like to not be poor after I buy the seat covers...!!!

Thanks
Doug
Old 12-22-2007, 05:40 AM

Most seat covers that fit good will cost an arm and a leg. I bought a rear seat cover from cabela as well that didn't fit at all. I like the Okole seat covers, but there pricey.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im wondering this too.... I tried a couple different ones and they didnt fit well...

This leather is too nice for me to trash! halp
Old 12-22-2007, 04:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
check out wet okole covers
Old 12-22-2007, 04:22 PM

i bought some from autozone that are canvas. the other day i accidently dumped a 20 ounce coke in the front passenger seat, grabbed some towels and soaked it up, took it off and hosed it off on the driveway, hung it up to dry, didnt touch the fabric underneath. great! plus they were 25 bucks, come in green/tan, which i like, and are def worth the money.

they are much like these:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...125&id=0038399
Old 12-22-2007, 07:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you're going to do it; do it right... Just spend the money and get the okoles... you'll be glad you did in the long run.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:54 PM

yea i agree, if you want properly fitted seat covers, get the wet okoles. the ones i have fit OK, mostly i have them because they are easy to clean, and look relatively nice, plus have the pocket on the seat bottom for stuff.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:53 PM

Maybe im the odd ball, but I had the Wet Okoles and I was not overly impressed with them for various reasons. I have been looking for seat covers for the winter and came across the ones below..Pretty much just like the material used for non-leather seats.
http://www.toyotapartsstore.com/default.php?cPath=6_27
Which are made by:
http://www.gtcovers.com/seat-covers/...tegory_id=5245
Old 12-24-2007, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by seanz0rz
i bought some from autozone that are canvas. the other day i accidently dumped a 20 ounce coke in the front passenger seat, grabbed some towels and soaked it up, took it off and hosed it off on the driveway, hung it up to dry, didnt touch the fabric underneath. great! plus they were 25 bucks, come in green/tan, which i like, and are def worth the money.

they are much like these:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...125&id=0038399
+1 on the advanced/autozone canvas ones. wash them first to take out the wrinkles. i've got the green and tan for my 94 and the black and grey for my 98. i wash mine in the washing machine with no problems, just wash them alone in cold water. they aren't perfect, but for under $40 you cant' beat them.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:38 PM

Thanks for the replies. Just so happens I was in Autozone the other day and looked at those covers. Figured I'd post here and get some opinions and other options but it looks like I'll try them..

Thanks again
Doug

Merry Xmass
Old 12-24-2007, 08:29 PM

If anyone else finds this thread looking for information on seat covers, I'd like to add that GT Seat Covers fit awsome and are available in toyota fabrics. The fit is dang near perfect, has pockets in the front of the bottom seat (part you sit on), a large pocket behind the seat, and a pocket on the side of the seat (console side) and they also come in an array of toyota styles such as sport, sr5, etc...for superior fit. They are not cheap though, comparable to wet okel as far as price goes. If anyone is interested in pics you can send me a pm and I'll get some.
Hope that helps someone...

Last edited by Yota Runner; 12-24-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:49 PM

Try eBay...Iggee seats

I found the 4runner seat covers on eBay....they sell the fronts for fairly cheap...but the back seat covers to match will hurt ($$$)...if you only need the front seats (I only needed fronts for my truck), you'll find they fit great and look good too...several different color combos also...they fit 86-02...$69 plus $15 s/h...
Attached Thumbnails Seat covers???-86-02seatcover.jpg  
Old 12-26-2007, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cluesdad
I found the 4runner seat covers on eBay....they sell the fronts for fairly cheap...but the back seat covers to match will hurt ($$$)...if you only need the front seats (I only needed fronts for my truck), you'll find they fit great and look good too...several different color combos also...they fit 86-02...$69 plus $15 s/h...
Those look not to bad. Whats the ebay comp. name? How do they feel? Also how do they secure. and do they have pockets on the rear?
Old 12-26-2007, 07:05 PM

The company name is Iggee Custom Seat Covers...they're secured with several lengths of stretchable material and hooks attached on the lower edges..as the material curves under the seat bottom, the attaching material is not seen nor the hooks....

The back portion of the seat cover (the one sold on eBay-I think Iggee sells various types of covers with many options) is a stretchable material to provide for a close fit (these are slip-on covers-not replacing your current covers) so the back is fairly plain....
Old 12-26-2007, 08:33 PM

I love my wet okoles. I got a pair of fronts for cheap on fleabay some time back and they fit perfectly, look great, and totally protect the seat. One downside to Neoprene is that it is a little hot in the summer, but not too bad (and I live in a swamp!). They have withstood all sorts of wet, dirty people and lots of spills and still look great. There is some burn damage from pipe embers that burned through the outer cover, but the neoprene is fine. Those are certainly my fault, but is something to consider if you're one of us filthy Tobacco users .

-Clark
Old 12-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Contributing Member

I prefer the Covercraft custom made canvas covers. Will set you back about $200 for a set for front and rear but they fit perfect and are very nice. I've had them in my last 4 trucks and wont use anything else, they're that nice.

Perfomance Products is where I order them from.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:39 AM

do what I did. I'm having my friend who went back home to the phillipines get me a custom made set for the front and rear. black with a red trd logo stiched in the backs. $30.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:33 AM
Contributing Member

what about either coverking or the Performance Products covers? they wont leave you broke
Old 11-06-2009, 10:59 AM

ok, i know this is an old thread but it's that time of the year for duck season and I need some seat covers. Mainly for the rear I don't need front seat covers, not for now anyways. Anyone know of any good fitting rear seat covers? I want something like this preferably. The pic is okoles' from cabelas.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:59 PM

If you like the wet okole check out the seat covers at autoanything.com There are other vendors that make neoprene seat covers, less money.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seat covers???