Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

S/C with 7th Inj may be forthcoming...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S/C with 7th Inj may be forthcoming...

I've run across someone on TTORA selling a mint condition 2nd Gen supercharger and a TRD 7th Injector kit for $1500 and I'm trying to get it. Judging from the posts the guy may have sold it but I'm crossing my fingers that I can get it. These mods have been on my wishlist for a while now and I just couldn't pass up this deal.

I've seen this setup in action and it makes me want one...bad.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Contributing Member

It's sounding like the guy hasn't sold any of it yet
Old 05-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Contributing Member

lucky
Old 05-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Contributing Member

I GOT IT!! I pick it up this Friday!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SOOOOOOOOO STOKED!!!
Old 05-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Banned

nice!!
Old 05-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Contributing Member

i wasn't planning on doing this mod for another year but I figured that I couldn't beat that price for BOTH nonetheless with a stick, so it's been bumped before my new front suspension.

I accidentally mentioned that his price was a lot of low to the guy and he says "Really?" :pat:

His loss my gain
Old 05-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Contributing Member

Ryan -

You know about all the other stuff you need to make it work safely, right?

I actually installed most of the fuel/timing mods prior to the SC'r install. I am still kicking myself for not going with larger injectors when I had the intake manifold off though. Hint hint.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by <96 Runner>
Ryan -

You know about all the other stuff you need to make it work safely, right?

I actually installed most of the fuel/timing mods prior to the SC'r install. I am still kicking myself for not going with larger injectors when I had the intake manifold off though. Hint hint.
Yes I am aware of most of the stuff (PM'd midiwall 'bout this sorry if you feel left out )

Now that you have corrected me on my knowledge of Water Wetter...

Walbro pump 190
Redline Water Wetter

I know I'm missing something but just to let everyone know because I'm sure it's going to come up:

I'm not going to install anything until I'm sure I can do it right the first time

That said, larger injectors are not on the list because this was not a planned mod for me, I just felt I had to jump on it for the incredible deal it is.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Contributing Member

This is the same supercharger that was posted on craigslist. The guy has two sets and both are supposedly brand new.

When I talked to him though, he sounded really shady on how he got the s/c's. Good luck to you. I really wanted a set myself but couldn't come to trust him based on one conversation.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:21 PM

You better make sure that 7th injector kit is the right one for your truck!! Those 7th injector kits are truck specific. If you don't have the specific one for your year, cab, 4X4 or 2WD, and tranny---it will not work properly and you run the risk of messing up the ECU in the truck and/or the TRD ECU.

No BS!!
Old 05-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Contributing Member

you know, I was thinking about the same thing. I'm going to grill him on how he aquired these and use the fact that I'm extremely interested as leverage for him to tell me how he got it. Basically, if he can't give me a company name that he has solid dealings with that had this "show motor" I will let it slide.

I haven't gotten a sense of fishy dealings...yet.

And trust me, if I show up and it's not exactly as promised, you guys will be the first to know.

When I talked to him on the phone he mentioned that he had sold the auto-adjusting pulley to someone and was getting it replaced this week.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Contributing Member

he told me it was for a 2001 4wd system. Is the cab model and tranny necessary? If so, can you briefly outline the reasons? Much appreciated.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:37 PM

The TRD ECU controls a lot more than just the injector. Consider it just like the main ECU in your truck. If you had an automatic you couldn't run an ECU out of a manual truck. I don't know what the deal is with the differences with the cabs. You need to find out what the EXACT part number is that you bought.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:39 PM

Give me the specs on your truck and I will try and find the correct 7th injector part number for you.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Contributing Member

I haven't paid for anything yet because I have to pick it up in LA. I told him that since I have to drive out there, I'm not paying until I get there.

PM'd you w/my truck specs TRDOLMAN. Thanks a lot.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Tanto
you know, I was thinking about the same thing. I'm going to grill him on how he aquired these and use the fact that I'm extremely interested as leverage for him to tell me how he got it. Basically, if he can't give me a company name that he has solid dealings with that had this "show motor" I will let it slide.

I haven't gotten a sense of fishy dealings...yet.

And trust me, if I show up and it's not exactly as promised, you guys will be the first to know.
There's another post here where I state what he told me. Since I'm too lazy to link it, I'll just keep typing.

First, the s/c is brand-new and he used to work for TRD.

Then later on in the conversation, his friend "happened to come up on them" and they've been sitting in his garage for over a year. His friend wanted them back to sell but told his friend that if he sold them, would it be OK. His friend said cool. I thought this was weird but didn't question him again on the first part about working for TRD.

I asked him since the s/c's were new, did he have a box and the instructions that would normally come with them. He said no.

Here's where I said OK and thanks. I asked him one last question that if I only wanted the s/c, what would he sell it for. He said $1200. I said I'd call him back but I didn't.

Last thing that was weird was that the guy owns a marketing company or at least his e-mail said his name at the same name marketing company. I googled it and there was a website but nothing on the site but the name of his company and a telephone number. I don't know how many people would be interested in a marketing company that couldn't even have a website that explained what they did to sell more business.

All this equals FISHY!!!! I'm not a hater and if you're able to scoop this up and it works perfectly, more power to you. I decided awhile ago that for the dollars, the s/c was not worth it to me. If you were going to get one anyway, this could be one of the better ways.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tanto
I haven't paid for anything yet because I have to pick it up in LA. I told him that since I have to drive out there, I'm not paying until I get there.

PM'd you w/my truck specs TRDOLMAN. Thanks a lot.
If you look at the bottom of the page:

http://www.trdracing.com/tacoma/tacoma.htm

You will notice that the 2001 and the 2002 Tacomas have different part numbers. I don't think you have the right one
Old 05-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Contributing Member

I'll grill this guy in the following days. I really appreciate your story on this.

I went on www.trdsource.com and got part # PTR01-35962-61 for the 7th injector kit that my truck needs. 2001 says PTR01-35962-60.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:55 PM

Ryan, that guy will probably have the old part number. Cross reference the new part numbers (the ones you have) to the old numbers. That way when he gives you the number you will know what to reference it to. Good luck.

Edit: I sent you both sets of numbers in a PM.

Last edited by TRDOLMAN; 05-06-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Contributing Member

Oh well. I got the runaround from the guy on the phone and looking at his posting on TTORA, he tried to sell in January and got a lot of interested people - but no buyers. Over on TTORA he wouldn't say anything more than a few details about the items in the thread and kept dealing in PMs. I know that sometimes that's the way things go down but this was just weird.

BTW I got the 2004 (that's right, 2004) 7th injector part number from him over the phone so I told him it was off.

Quick Reply: S/C with 7th Inj may be forthcoming...