Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

New Here

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Here

Hey all...my name is Dave, and I just picked up an '05 Pre-Runner (details in sig)...figured I would join up. I absolutely love this truck...such an improvement over the previous generation Taco's I've been in or driven. Anyways, hope to learn alot more about my truck, and glad that you all are here.

Dave.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
welcome to the forum dude
Old 01-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to Yotatech, the best place for all your one-stop information shopping! you'll find a ton of great people with great info with a excellent enviroment.

oh, btw.....

Old 01-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Contributing Member

Welcome! Hope you like to drain your wallet!
Old 01-03-2005, 06:00 PM

Thanks guys...pics are on the way...I don't even own a digital camera, but that is my next purchase, and I should have pics up within the week. About the only thing I'm trying to decide on now is different, meatier tires. Remember, I've got 2wd, LOL, so I could use all the help I can get as far as tires on this thing. The Rugged Trails are OK, but I'm thinking MTR's, or some decent/better A/T's. I've got tons of stuff left over from my Jeep (lights, Yakima Load Warrior, CB, Firestik, etc...) that I can transfer over to this ride...so it's just a matter of time I guess before I go out and try to get this thing stuck in a mud hole Toyota is claiming that this is an "off road capable" Tacoma, I wonder if they really mean it?!?!??!!?!?
Old 01-03-2005, 06:09 PM

Hey cool, can't wait for the pics!
Do you have the rear locker on it?
As for tires, there are so many threads... you can search for hours of reading.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by FirstToy
Hey cool, can't wait for the pics!
Do you have the rear locker on it?
As for tires, there are so many threads... you can search for hours of reading.
Yes, it's got the rear locker on it...comes as part of the TRD Off Road Package that was on it...the only thing I would change otherwise besides the tires would be the rear bumper...I don't like chrome on any truck, off road or not, so hopefully soon, there will be some good aftermarket choices for it. But the more I think about tires, the more I'm leaning towards just coughing up the dough for the MTR's....to me, those are some of the best you can buy...I could be wrong though...my old Jeep had Dunlop Mud Rovers on it that could bite through anything, but tread wear left a little to be desired. I promise not to disappoint with lack of pics...just got to get a digi cam, or find someone I know that has one to borrow...I'll get 'em up soon though
I'll do some searching on tires as well..thanks

Dave.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Banned

sure it has the rear locker? is it a switch on the dash? or does it have the toyota limited slip?
Old 01-03-2005, 07:31 PM

Pretty sure the TRD off road package for the prerunner has the rear e-locker.

MT/Rs are great I had them on my 93 LC for 6 months before I sold the rig, a tad bit noisier than the previous generic all season/terrain tires, seemed to be wearing well.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Contributing Member

Before the 05's, all Prerunners with the TRD package had the e-locker. I'm sure it's stayed the same for the 05's....although they also now have a TRD "sport" package....maybe that one comes with an LSD?
Old 01-04-2005, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by jimabena74
sure it has the rear locker? is it a switch on the dash? or does it have the toyota limited slip?
There's a switch to the left of the steering wheel on the dash that engages the "rear locker"...lights up in the instrument display with a symbol that signifies that it's on. If you go to the Toyota site, you'll see that it is included in the TRD Off Road Package 1.

Dave.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pretacopower
Before the 05's, all Prerunners with the TRD package had the e-locker. I'm sure it's stayed the same for the 05's....although they also now have a TRD "sport" package....maybe that one comes with an LSD?

IIRC, the TRD "Sport" package does come with the LSD....I wanted the locker though, which is why I chose the off road package over the sport package...not much difference, I believe the sport package offers the hood scoop on the 05's...I would have liked to have had that, but it's not that big of a deal.

Dave.