Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aowRS

I am so close to just ordering one.

Andreas
I am too. I'll buy the last one
Old 03-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Contributing Member

Can anyone on here tell me if I have the JBL amp BS. The time has come.
It's too dark to go look now.
I remember telling the dealer I didn't want any premium sounds.
I have the 6½ front doors, the tweeters on the inside of the mirror mounts, and 5¼ in the rear doors. Is there a way to tell from this? I really don't want the JBL amp because it'll be a waste of money but I don't have the extra $$$ right now for the amp I want to use.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4-RUNNIN' FREAK
Can anyone on here tell me if I have the JBL amp BS. The time has come.
It's too dark to go look now.
I remember telling the dealer I didn't want any premium sounds.
I have the 6½ front doors, the tweeters on the inside of the mirror mounts, and 5¼ in the rear doors. Is there a way to tell from this? I really don't want the JBL amp because it'll be a waste of money but I don't have the extra $$$ right now for the amp I want to use.
If you have an 02 limited you definitely have the right amp and wouldn't need to by the add-on one for the NAV.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:22 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
If you have an 02 limited you definitely have the right amp and wouldn't need to by the add-on one for the NAV.
OK. I am going to order anyway even though they didn't answer me back yet.
You've been a big help. (with draining more from my wallet )

Is that JBL amp part of premium sounds? Do 4Runners even have that option available?

2. For applications with the analog JBL sound system preinstalled: 2005 Camry Navigation Unit, GPS Antenna, GPS Antenna extension wire, Manual, Speed/Reverse Sensor Wires, installation instructions, and Map DVD. Navigation Toyota Part #E7003

Last edited by 4-RUNNIN' FREAK; 03-13-2005 at 01:27 AM.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:57 AM
Contributing Member

How was I able to pass this up when it was mentioned in this very thread. Excitement?

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...hlight=oem+nav

"The unit DOES NOT play movie DVDs. The DVD player is only for the map. I believe there are inputs for a DVD changer on the back, but how the interface works, I have no idea and information is scarce. Again, models like the Eclipse AVN2454 or the Pioneer (can't remember the model number) are capable of playing DVD movies. "

Last edited by 4-RUNNIN' FREAK; 03-13-2005 at 01:58 AM.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:14 AM
Contributing Member

Turboale makes a good point in the thread at the end of this post. Ohhh so much to doooo. I need to go to bed and can't cause this all is making me think bout it.

OEM = No movies w/o dvd changer. Need to look up price later for changer and harware. Need to get the speedo calibrated - need to look up later. Really like the OEM "stealth" look.

Eclipse = Weak voltage (probably same as the OEM NAV tho) signal processing will take care of that and make a for cleaner sound overall.
Would still have to calibrate speedo. CAN play movies. Specs readily available.

I'm off to bed.

https://www.yotatech.com/newreply.ph...reply&p=453072

Originally Posted by turboale
hmm...

I wonder how bad a wrong speed signal will mess with the nav? Ive got better tires so the speedo is lower than the actual... hmmm...
Old 03-13-2005, 07:04 AM

Turboale makes a good point in the thread at the end of this post. Ohhh so much to doooo. I need to go to bed and can't cause this all is making me think bout it.

OEM = No movies w/o dvd changer. Need to look up price later for changer and harware. Need to get the speedo calibrated - need to look up later. Really like the OEM "stealth" look.

Eclipse = Weak voltage (probably same as the OEM NAV tho) signal processing will take care of that and make a for cleaner sound overall.
Would still have to calibrate speedo. CAN play movies. Specs readily available.

I'm off to bed.

https://www.yotatech.com/newreply.ph...reply&p=453072
My '03 LandCruiser had the DVD changer that played movies.. it was cool to show people but never once did I actually use it. It's illegal to have a movie playing up front while driving, and never once did I park somewhere, home or camping and sit there to watch a movie in the car. So yes, it won't play movies in it's stock form, but to me that's really a non-issue.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:10 AM
Contributing Member

My '03 LandCruiser had the DVD changer that played movies.. it was cool to show people but never once did I actually use it. It's illegal to have a movie playing up front while driving, and never once did I park somewhere, home or camping and sit there to watch a movie in the car. So yes, it won't play movies in it's stock form, but to me that's really a non-issue.
I need it for my g/f more than myself. I don't watch much TV let alone movies.

EDIT:
I am going to need a CD changer anyway I look at it. Maybe I can get an aftermarket CD/DVD player? I really like the stock 6 disc in dash.

I wonder if... you can get some kind of TV tuner so you could watch TV or some small antenna to pick up sattellite TV.

Last edited by 4-RUNNIN' FREAK; 03-13-2005 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:26 AM

fears

the only thing that im a little worried about is the theft issue. it doesnt look like there are any anti theft devices installed on the NAVI unit and even the best car alarm wouldnt prevent someone from getting in there and ripping it out. i guess the only option is to get really tinted windows up front so a passerby couldnt see it. or maybe just lift it two feet so no one could see in
Old 03-13-2005, 08:28 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by rowdy4runnin
the only thing that im a little worried about is the theft issue. it doesnt look like there are any anti theft devices installed on the NAVI unit and even the best car alarm wouldnt prevent someone from getting in there and ripping it out. i guess the only option is to get really tinted windows up front so a passerby couldnt see it. or maybe just lift it two feet so no one could see in
Can't live with fears man. They'll just hold ya back. I'm sure mine will probably get ripped off. But I think they'd take the whole truck anyway, it's so much easier.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:11 AM

I need it for my g/f more than myself. I don't watch much TV let alone movies.

EDIT:
I am going to need a CD changer anyway I look at it. Maybe I can get an aftermarket CD/DVD player? I really like the stock 6 disc in dash.

I wonder if... you can get some kind of TV tuner so you could watch TV or some small antenna to pick up sattellite TV.

http://www.coastaletech.com/

http://www.coastaletech.com/viewtech_2005.htm

Last edited by rearviewmirror; 03-13-2005 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:35 AM
Contributing Member

I'm getting some doubts about this.
I think it'll be less to get the Eclipse and get some nice signal processing to clean up the signal. But I like that one cool maintenance schedule that it has.

I'm thinking maybe I'll just get her a portable DVD player and skip the DVD changer. She's on her way over to help me take care of all these damn PayPal problems we always seem to have, so I guess I better just order it before I talk myself out of it. I just wish they replied to e-mails quick like other places I have done business with.

Old 03-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Contributing Member

I HATE PAYPAL. I just tried to order this damn radio, and for some reason it clicked past the payment options and ordered it from the bank account. I HATE this BS and it's going to be the last time I use it. It never seems to fail with PayPal. I am not the only one that seems to have problems with them either as a lot of people I know have issues with them.
Damn I am so pissed I could smash this damn computer right now.
And what makes it worse is that they aren't the best at replying to e-mail.
So they will probably charge the bank account and send the radio AND THAN check their e-mail.

P.S. Did I mention I F'n hate PayPal?

Seems like paypal is a monopoly. The sites don't give options for BillPoint or anything like that. It says on OEMValue that they accept credit cards, but make you use paypal unless you have a problem.
OFF
Old 03-13-2005, 10:35 AM

I HATE PAYPAL. I just tried to order this damn radio, and for some reason it clicked past the payment options and ordered it from the bank account. I HATE this BS and it's going to be the last time I use it. It never seems to fail with PayPal. I am not the only one that seems to have problems with them either as a lot of people I know have issues with them.
Damn I am so pissed I could smash this damn computer right now.
And what makes it worse is that they aren't the best at replying to e-mail.
So they will probably charge the bank account and send the radio AND THAN check their e-mail.

P.S. Did I mention I F'n hate PayPal?

Seems like paypal is a monopoly. The sites don't give options for BillPoint or anything like that. It says on OEMValue that they accept credit cards, but make you use paypal unless you have a problem.
OFF

Paypal always tries to pull your bank account first, but you have to tell it on that option screen to add a new credit card payment. I didn't have any problems at all. When you use a CC they try to give you some talk about how going into debt is bad and what not! LOL I am surprised Troy is responding to email though, he's written me back on several occasions.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Contributing Member

Paypal always tries to pull your bank account first, but you have to tell it on that option screen to add a new credit card payment. I didn't have any problems at all. When you use a CC they try to give you some talk about how going into debt is bad and what not! LOL I am surprised Troy is responding to email though, he's written me back on several occasions.

It skipped right past that part when I was clicking on the funding options to switch it to the credit card. I wasn't even by the "pay now" button.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Contributing Member

This is why I love to go out to a store and buy stuff in cash.
No worrying about debt, you get discounts sometimes, and you get it right then and there unless they have to special order.
Now I gots to go run to the bank and put the cash into her account.
Ahh the joys of life. Paypal is still acting up for me.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Contributing Member

PayPal limiting access?

I don't know how many of you are reading this thread, but I just wanna ask a quick question.

Has PayPal ever sent you an e-mail saying something like "We are limitimed your accound to make sure it was not accessed by a third party. It is a security measure." And stuff like that?
Old 03-13-2005, 01:19 PM
Contributing Member

time to look in the junkyards for a totaled car.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by dexter
time to look in the junkyards for a totaled car.
Why did I not think of that. Thats the greatest idea I have heard in a long time. But the sad part is there is only one junkyard that I know of around here.
I guess others can use that to get a deal while I overpay out the
Old 03-14-2005, 07:30 AM

what about the mapping itself? Can you put in a map disc with topos like the National Geographic discs?

Quick Reply: My first 4Runner MOD!!!!