Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

LC Engineering Products

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 12:57 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
LC Engineering Products

I have a brand new (<1000 miles) 22re in my 4Runner (87). I was looking into the super chargers that LC Engineering makes for this engine. However, i do not know anything about this company, or how much of a difference their products make. Would this upgrade be worth the price tag? WOuld it add much power? I am also worried about whether the engine could handle the charger, though i would think that it could.

I know alot of you are VERY experienced in this area, and would know more about this. What are your opinions on this product?

Also, i am not interested in dropping in a bigger engine, as i like, and trust, the 22re very much. I would like the power for wheeling, because it seems like i would be able to aproach a little slower than i can now, as well as climb better. I would also like the power (and this is the main reason) for on road driving.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:46 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have had their head and header on my 22-re for around 100,000 miles now. I have been very satisfied with them. The boost in performance and reliabilty has been great.
You should call their tech line and talk to them about the supercharger. Every time I have called they were more than willing to help me out and they had all the answers I needed.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AxleIke
I have a brand new (<1000 miles) 22re in my 4Runner (87). I was looking into the super chargers that LC Engineering makes for this engine. However, i do not know anything about this company, or how much of a difference their products make. Would this upgrade be worth the price tag? WOuld it add much power? I am also worried about whether the engine could handle the charger, though i would think that it could.

I know alot of you are VERY experienced in this area, and would know more about this. What are your opinions on this product?

Also, i am not interested in dropping in a bigger engine, as i like, and trust, the 22re very much. I would like the power for wheeling, because it seems like i would be able to aproach a little slower than i can now, as well as climb better. I would also like the power (and this is the main reason) for on road driving.
I did a ton of stuff from LCE and was more than pleased with the customer service and technical support.

Hindsight tells me Id have been better off $$$ wise to do a regear and locker mod first,then worry about more power.

Oh well,its getting an SAS after the first of the year.

Id look around e bay and other sources versus buying new if your dead set on getting an SC.A local shop here picked one up complete for $800 off e bay!!