Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

i hate geico!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i hate geico!!!!!!!!!!!

long story short my truck got hit one night ($900 worth of damage) and she took off. well the witness (dumbass) got all the info of type of car and where the damage was BUT the license tag..... long story short after i found out who she was and contacted her (geico) insurance ( the car she drove wasnt hers. in NC they follow the car not the driver) they took pics of her car and my truck and said that the damages didnt match.. I HATE GEICO...i am glad i have progressive.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:13 AM

what was their reasoning behind saying that the damages didnt match?
Old 04-17-2007, 07:20 AM

Maybe if you file a police report it will motivate the insurance company to change their mind... I had something similar happen and the involvement of the police made all the difference.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:26 AM

Why would you not have filed a police report??
Old 04-17-2007, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by RacerX
Maybe if you file a police report it will motivate the insurance company to change their mind... I had something similar happen and the involvement of the police made all the difference.

for one i filed a collison report but she lives out of state and they said it wont do anygood to pursue her...
Old 04-17-2007, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by 91TPU
what was their reasoning behind saying that the damages didnt match?

she said from the pictures that they have of my truck and her car just dont match.. they are BS'ing their way out of it.. she got an opinion from her adjuster... i called an said that wasnt professional and she said it was and to contact my insurance and let them file it.. ☺☺☺☺ing bitch!! sorry for my language
Old 04-17-2007, 07:30 AM

mind you the witness never took the license plate (yea what an idiot), two it wasnt her car, three, she took off not to be seen again
Old 04-17-2007, 07:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have good luck with Geico, i have it on my motorcycles, and the lady who hit my BMW has Geico, they handled the claim very professionally. The company as a whole is good, can't say every adjuster is good. This is the exact reason why EVERYONE says to carry a disposable camera in your car and/or have a digicam or camera phone handy. If you have pics at the scene there is no disputing the damage.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
I have good luck with Geico, i have it on my motorcycles, and the lady who hit my BMW has Geico, they handled the claim very professionally. The company as a whole is good, can't say every adjuster is good. This is the exact reason why EVERYONE says to carry a disposable camera in your car and/or have a digicam or camera phone handy. If you have pics at the scene there is no disputing the damage.
IT WAS A HIT AND RUN!! sorry for the caps.. she pulled in the apart complex drunk, hit my truck and then back out and hit it again and took off..
Old 04-17-2007, 07:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I work for an insurance company. Here's what you should do to attempt to recover:

1. Get a police report. Most insurance companies think you're attempting fraud without one.
2. File the claim with your insurance company. If you have uninsured motorist coverage, you'll be covered. Your insurance company LOVES to make others pay, and have a lot of staff to investigate it. If this is a hit and run like you say, they will attempt to pursue it and get their money back if they pay you anything for your damages. Getting it from another insurance co. is called subrogation. Your ins. co. would get their money back if its possible to identify the other veh. But they will need a police report as their starting point, which shows location, time, witness names. Don't stress, use the tools available if you have them.

If you have liability only, no police report, and no I.D. of the other vehicle, you may be s.o.l. Good luck!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by tj884Rdlx
I work for an insurance company. Here's what you should do to attempt to recover:

1. Get a police report. Most insurance companies think you're attempting fraud without one.
2. File the claim with your insurance company. If you have uninsured motorist coverage, you'll be covered. Your insurance company LOVES to make others pay, and have a lot of staff to investigate it. If this is a hit and run like you say, they will attempt to pursue it and get their money back if they pay you anything for your damages. Getting it from another insurance co. is called subrogation. Your ins. co. would get their money back if its possible to identify the other veh. But they will need a police report as their starting point, which shows location, time, witness names. Don't stress, use the tools available if you have them.

If you have liability only, no police report, and no I.D. of the other vehicle, you may be s.o.l. Good luck!

i have a collision report. by the time i saw what had happened and the witness came up and talked to me it was over 24-36 hrs and the g'boro police has a thing where if it happened over 24hrs then they just fill out a collision report and thats it.. she hit and ran, and geico found the car but nilled on the pictures bc she said they dont match up.. the witness told me it did look odd on her car but it was bc of the angle she hit it and when she backed out she hit it again.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:05 AM

still trying to contact the witness so he can exlpain it to her..
Old 04-17-2007, 08:05 AM

btw i dont have the 500$ to fix this so i cant turn it in on my insurance. i make teachers' pay
Old 04-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Same situation here:

Got hit IN my driveway. The guy drove through my front yard and hit my truck. (this was only about 6 months ago).

Called the police. Policeman said he couldn't write a ticket because it didn't happen on the street...it happened in my driveway.

Tried to get it fixed, yet the insurance company wouldnt pay for it because it wasn't a traffic collision. ??!!!! After they said THEY WOULD take care of it.

Ended up paying my ass out for it.... $30. hahaha. Luckily the peice I needed I got cheap off ebay.

Good luck.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:15 AM

not sure about where you are?? or how much your damages are?
but I was involved in an accident once and the lady's insuarnce gave me some BS about only paying 80% of the estimate. I waited until December 15 and filed a claim in small claims court. (becuase as I was talking to the lady that hit me. I found out she wintered in Florida) If the person doesnt show up you win by default.

may be worth trying...

it worked for me...
the insurance company called the next week and wanted to pay 100%....
I said what about my time off to run to the court house..filing fees..in general hassle...they said write it up they would pay it.

I did and they DID : )
Old 04-17-2007, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Buck01
not sure about where you are?? or how much your damages are?
but I was involved in an accident once and the lady's insuarnce gave me some BS about only paying 80% of the estimate. I waited until December 15 and filed a claim in small claims court. (becuase as I was talking to the lady that hit me. I found out she wintered in Florida) If the person doesnt show up you win by default.

may be worth trying...

it worked for me...
the insurance company called the next week and wanted to pay 100%....
I said what about my time off to run to the court house..filing fees..in general hassle...they said write it up they would pay it.

I did and they DID : )

well i dont have much info on her and her insurance wont tell me sh$t... how do i "threaten" her insurance company about court and their policy holder?
Old 04-17-2007, 08:46 AM

if you have a name and address that will do.

You can't sue the insurance company but sue the individual.

Maybe the individual can pressure the company into settling the claim.

If not go to small claims court and collect what ever you can for the person.

Here there is a limit of 1000 dollar for small claims court.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Buck01
if you have a name and address that will do.

You can't sue the insurance company but sue the individual.

Maybe the individual can pressure the company into settling the claim.

If not go to small claims court and collect what ever you can for the person.

Here there is a limit of 1000 dollar for small claims court.

its 900$ worth of damage... how do you do small claims court? i dont have her info!! how do i get her info? her insurance wont give it to me
Old 04-17-2007, 08:57 AM

here in Ohio...you just goto the court house and fill out papers..

not sure how to get her info though..
Old 04-17-2007, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by mkgarrison5
IT WAS A HIT AND RUN!! sorry for the caps.. she pulled in the apart complex drunk, hit my truck and then back out and hit it again and took off..

Hit and Run and leaving the scene of an accident are crimes and i do not think they have a 24 hour window or else they are not crimes...

Quick Reply: i hate geico!!!!!!!!!!!