Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

High Flow Cat questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High Flow Cat questions

I need a new cat. The orig is punched out *ducking thrown objects* BUT I want to replace it with a high flow cat. I live in CO, no smog laws, so I only need the one (only had one), for my 93 3.0L . I'm looking for the best performance cat I can get. Any advice?

Spank you...spank berry much.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:37 AM

I don't think it will make a difference for what you use your truck for. If you don't have smog laws in CO, just run a straight pipe. Your just wasting your money on a hi-flo cat.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Contributing Member

Try a Catco from SummitRacing.com or JC Whitney. They are high flow and reasonably priced...

You're in Durango, huh? I lived in Farmington for a couple of years...Spent many weekends up there, the downtown nightlife was pretty nice. Is the little ski area at Hesperus still open? I went there alot, as it was only about 45 min. from my house up the La Plata Hwy...(Sorry for the hijack...)
Old 02-03-2005, 10:41 AM

I was sooo confused. I thought you meant cat like the animal. I couldn't figure out how a cat gets punched out or what a high flow cat was.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by jacksonpt
I was sooo confused. I thought you meant cat like the animal. I couldn't figure out how a cat gets punched out or what a high flow cat was.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by jacksonpt
I can make my cat high-flow by giving him sardines in oil.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by HaveBlue
I can make my cat high-flow by giving him sardines in oil.
LOL!!
Old 02-03-2005, 11:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I grew up in Durango, we used to four wheel at Test Track, Horse Gulch and Perins Peak all the time. Too bad those areas are closed now... I have a Magnaflow cat and like it pretty well. I got it from www.performanceproducts.com
Old 02-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Contributing Member

Check out Ebay - pretty good prices there.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by loosehead
Try a Catco from SummitRacing.com or JC Whitney. They are high flow and reasonably priced...

You're in Durango, huh? I lived in Farmington for a couple of years...Spent many weekends up there, the downtown nightlife was pretty nice. Is the little ski area at Hesperus still open? I went there alot, as it was only about 45 min. from my house up the La Plata Hwy...(Sorry for the hijack...)
Cool!! Yeah, its open...kinds' anyways. It hasen't snowed for about 3 weeks so they may close up soon until we get more snow. Purgatory is crankin' though. Night life is still decient. Slowed a bit, but it's still a bar/pub town for sure. Ever get into Lady Falconburgh's?
Old 02-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by nmtoy
I grew up in Durango, we used to four wheel at Test Track, Horse Gulch and Perins Peak all the time. Too bad those areas are closed now... I have a Magnaflow cat and like it pretty well. I got it from www.performanceproducts.com
And I used to live in Albuquerque...weired. (I moved allot growing up) Horse Gulch is kinda' open, but not often. Still fun for Mountain biking though. People still go to Test Track, and Towers too. (just not legaly )

I usually go to Navajo Lake, and wheel around there, camp at cocaine cove the reg. Of course Silverton and Ouray are the best spots now.

Last edited by hockeytown9; 02-03-2005 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Banned

Location: OmG, Hi2U !!! .... DANG, my chic's got some SEXY eyes.... among other things. WOOT WOOT !!
just cut the stupid good for nothing peice of ˟˟˟˟ out and weld in a stright pipe. who cares
Old 02-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Stegall984R
just cut the stupid good for nothing peice of ˟˟˟˟ out and weld in a stright pipe. who cares
I do, for one. I know there are others, too. Air quality is a pretty important issue, we are all supposed to be good stewards for the sport of off roading. I'll get off the soapbox now...

Hockeytown - I don't specifically remember Lady Falconburgh's, I've slept a few nights since then, it was 1997-98 when we lived there. There was this one club we went to alot, it was right off the main drag on the 2nd or 3rd cross street on the south end of downtown. It took up most of the corner of the block. You entered from the cross street, and came into a nice old bar/lounge area, and as you made your way around back, there was a big dance club back there. That place was always full back then...all of the pretty people from Ft. Collins...LOL!
Old 02-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Stegall984R
Wow, that's great advice.

Yep, ebay all the way. I just picked up a 2.5" in/out Magnaflow (Carsound) Cat for my project Celica for under $60 shipped.

You will need a different size of course. Midas charged me $65 to weld it in.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:43 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by loosehead
I do, for one. I know there are others, too. Air quality is a pretty important issue, we are all supposed to be good stewards for the sport of off roading. I'll get off the soapbox now...

Hockeytown - I don't specifically remember Lady Falconburgh's, I've slept a few nights since then, it was 1997-98 when we lived there. There was this one club we went to alot, it was right off the main drag on the 2nd or 3rd cross street on the south end of downtown. It took up most of the corner of the block. You entered from the cross street, and came into a nice old bar/lounge area, and as you made your way around back, there was a big dance club back there. That place was always full back then...all of the pretty people from Ft. Collins...LOL!
Yeah, that was the Solid Mouldune (sp?) Everyone just calls it solids though. It is still the hot spot...and the last hottie I hooked up there with was actually from Ft. Collins...Ft. Collins or not any chick named Trinity is gonna' be hot.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:48 AM
Contributing Member

Yup, that was the place. Good times, good times....
Old 02-04-2005, 07:15 AM
Banned

wait wait wait, I used to live in Durango Colorado. I moved a little over a year ago.

I have a friend that plays hockey in Durango, his name is Clay. If you know him kick him in the nuts and tell him Duke says hi.

Last edited by phorunninduke; 02-04-2005 at 07:21 AM.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by phorunninduke
wait wait wait, I used to live in Durango Colorado. I moved a little over a year ago.

I have a friend that plays hockey in Durango, his name is Clay. If you know him kick him in the nuts and tell him Duke says hi.
Yeah, I am up at the rink all of the time...I know a few Clay's. In fact I went to school with one (at DHS class of 97) who is pretty new to hockey. Do you remember his last name? Is he kind of a big dude with dark short hair?
Old 02-04-2005, 09:15 AM

Since we are turning this into a where do you live thread. I am in Albq. also and in need of someone with Toyota knowledge (nmtoy) drop me a line if you get a chance. Thanks Bryan
Old 02-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Contributing Member

Bryan-

Feel free to drop me a line anytime...Always glad to help a (somewhat) local.

Quick Reply: High Flow Cat questions