Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Greeley, CO

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greeley, CO

Anyone in here around Greeley, CO...? I think I am going to be going to college there... going to go visit it soon... but are there a lot of nice wheeling spots around there that you know of? How is the town also... I've heard that it smells pretty bad lol... but other than that how is it?

Thanks Ian
Old 02-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Contributing Member

greeley does stink. not the entire town always, but yeah you'll see. kind of a boring hick town, not much small town charm like i expected.

it's pretty flat around there. there used to be a little wildernessy area beind kmart to go play in the dirt, but that got closed off. not sure about anything else close by..coloroado has lots of places to wheel, but i think the good ones will be a drive away.

Last edited by calrockx; 02-09-2005 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Contributing Member

Damn that doesn't sound to fun... I've been to lots of places in CO... just not to Greeley... hmmm
Old 02-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Toyota_4Runner
Anyone in here around Greeley, CO...? I think I am going to be going to college there... going to go visit it soon... but are there a lot of nice wheeling spots around there that you know of? How is the town also... I've heard that it smells pretty bad lol... but other than that how is it?

Thanks Ian
I partial to the college town a little northwest of there, ft collins is a great place to live & is closer to the mountains.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:18 PM

come to fort lewis for school, durango is sweet. lots of places to wheel.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Contributing Member

How pricey is that? I'm out of state...

I got a $5000 scholarship a year at Greeley so I was just lookin at that...

But I'd love to look at other places when I go there...

Do you like it there a lot?
Old 02-09-2005, 04:50 PM

not shure about the fort. the western slope is where its at and the san juans are a sik range. miles and miles of trails, many go above treeline. if you want to wheel I'd definatly try to come to the western slope. If not its only a few hours to get to the other side of the hill.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:59 PM

yeah, greeley does stink... really.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Contributing Member

What are some good colleges in CO? That are kind of close to the Nebraska border... so like Northeastern colleges? Around by Boulder and Fort Collins? Know of any that have some good wheelin places?
Old 02-09-2005, 06:11 PM
Contributing Member

fort loser you mean? both are kind of a joke school wise no offense. greely does stink to hell and it has the highest beastiality rate in the us
Old 02-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by dexter
fort loser you mean? both are kind of a joke school wise no offense. greely does stink to hell and it has the highest beastiality rate in the us
wtf!!!!!
Old 02-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Contributing Member

Well little Dexter... you must have read it wrong... I never said THE colleges Boulder and Fort Collins... I said around that area... and for the beastality... I'm not sure if you know that on a personal level and I actually don't care to know... but as for that I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem for me

No offense

Ian

Last edited by Toyota_4Runner; 02-09-2005 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:26 PM

Dude, I live south of Denver and on a foggy day I can smell Greely all the way down here!

All jokes aside though. . . you will be in Colorado only seconds away from some of the most beautiful scenery in the nation. I am actually just getting into "4WDing", but have been an avid backpacker for a long time now and if you have never explored the Colorado backcountry you are in for a real treat.

Here, check this book out on Amazon; it will answer your questions I think. If you want to look at others you can just do a search on "4WD Colorado" and it will return a whole bunch for you to choose from. But this one listed below is one I have seen before and looks awesome. I am buying it soon!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846
Old 02-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Contributing Member

Alright cool thanks man... and yeah the whole reason for this post I guess is actually to see where anyone in CO went to college... I can go basically wherever... and I just want to live in CO... I've been to a few towns and love it there... snowboarding... hiking and all that
Old 02-09-2005, 06:33 PM

Alright cool thanks man... and yeah the whole reason for this post I guess is actually to see where anyone in CO went to college... I can go basically wherever... and I just want to live in CO... I've been to a few towns and love it there... snowboarding... hiking and all that
I actually graduated from the Univ. of Georgia in 1997 and moved out here in 1998 for my pure love of backpacking and the outdoors. I wish I could give more advice on colleges but don't know much about them here. I do know that Boulder (Univ. of Colorado) is a very expensive place to live. My buddy goes to school in Ft. Collins at CO State and really likes the school and the town. Other than that I don't know.

What are you studying? If you are into Geology and stuff, you could goto the CO School of Mines in Golden?!?
Old 02-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah I actually plan on majoring in science or pre-med... and then try and get into a pharmaceutical school... so hopefully something in health/medicine...

Ian
Old 02-09-2005, 06:43 PM

Yeah I actually plan on majoring in science or pre-med... and then try and get into a pharmaceutical school... so hopefully something in health/medicine...

Ian
Dude, I know that Denver University is very well know for their medical college. Check it out. It's not th Univ. of CO at Denver though, it's Denver University. . . two totally different schools!
Old 02-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Contributing Member

Alright sweet thanks I'll do that... I'm goin on a little road trip to CO to look at all the colleges and towns... so I'll have to stop by that one...

Thanks again.. Ian
Old 02-09-2005, 06:53 PM

Ha... DU... if you can afford it. A very pricey school compared to the other colorado offerings, though a very good school.

I was up in Ft. Collins before grades forced me to community college for a while, but I DEFINATELY am going back up there. CSU in Ft. Collins is an awesome school, really nice and spread out, the city is really nice with tons of good down to earth kind of people. It doesn't hurt that at any given stop light, you look to either side and there is a solid 9 or 10 looking girl in the car next to you.

Greeley I do hear smells. I don't know much else other than that and the fact it is a sister school of CSU, so alot of CSU clubs allow for members from UNC (greeley).There's also a 4x4 club at the school.

Definately just check out the schools and talk to people on campus. That's what made my mind up. Boulder seemed uptight and the campus felt too confined. Fort Collins fit me perfectly though.

I can't believe someone in here said that Boulder and FoCo degree's are a joke. I know CSU's engineering program is one of the better ones in the nation and CU definately has some good credentials even if their football program is a joke. And the professor thats in trouble is simply a modulus for the media to gossip about until something big actually happens.

Its just no CU's year as far as media coverage goes....
Old 02-09-2005, 07:31 PM

I got my BS from UNC in Greeley. It does smell a little, but you get used to it. I went through the Kinesiology/Science program - LOVED IT! Graduated nearly 10 years ago now. Greeley is a little isolated from things to do. There is a real nice Pull N Save though! Not even any good biking around there. Fortunately Ft. Collins and Rocky Mtn area, (LOTS of trails) area isn't too far for some wheeling.

I sold my SA truck and '85 4runner, but currently building my 2000, so if you come this way look me up. I am in Cheyenne. About 50 n of Greeley.

Quick Reply: Greeley, CO