Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Exhuast Help Please.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhuast Help Please.

Sure I would like to put a cat back system on my 2000 v6 ext cab Tacoma, but what brand do I choose. And will the high price tag
offset the saving in the fuel economy? I really do not think so.
I have heard that some people have ordered a Muffler and a resonator along with some stainless steel pipe and had it put on by a local Muffer shop. Has anyone had any success doing this? If so what muffler and resonator did you use? Preferably an item # or a Part #, and were did you get it from? Also what length and diameter stainless pipe did you use. Is this way more economical that ordering a complete cat back system.

I am looking for something a little more effecient than stock, and of coarse something that sounds a little more aggressive, but not the Fast and Furriuos loud tone though.

Any suggestiong GREATLY apprreciated.
Old 12-11-2003, 02:59 PM

Try the blinking green button at the top..Theres been a couple of threads on this topic already just in the past week, try scrolling through a couple of pages of threads.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:06 PM
Contributing Member

well it all depends on what mods you have .. I have a s.c. so I got the trd headers and 2.5 stainless exhaust with a magnaflow 18 in muffler. the sound is quiet at idle and a nice but not loud rumble on exceleration. my mpg is very good for what is done to the truck I am still getting 19 on the hwy.
there are a few companys that make the headers trd is not cheap but it is what i chosen ,I know there are quite a few guys that have different headers and love them the same with exhaust .the local shop charged me I think 250 for the stainless and the muffler .but it looks stock coming out the factory spot excepet it is bigger. I have no resonator. I hope this is a good start I am sure you will get allot of replys .if you need pics let me know .
Old 12-12-2003, 04:37 AM

Thanks for the replys, I am searching and reading, feels like I am getting more overwelmed.
I do not have a s/c.
Yea any pic and/or scematics would help out, along with refrences were you purchased it. My local muffler guy refused to put anything on my truck he said I would not like it and that there is no need to mess with a Yota. As far as headers go the TRD set are a little to pricey right now, maybe a little later.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:02 AM
Contributing Member

the guy that did my work is dave at this site . http://www.certifiedmuffler.com/
he can make exhaust and send it to you .I cannot say how good he is in words. but I have never seen better.. he did the exhaust on my 83 ta which is a blown 383 sb chevy he put 3in oval pipe on it with mufflers and it does not hit the ground and tig welded it .
anyway he can help if you call or at least put you in the right direction.
I will try and get pics to you I am leaving after work to go out of town so sunday would be the earliest.