Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Collison question..toyota wheelhousing..

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Collison question..toyota wheelhousing..

Have a question regarding some body work. Have a '92 p/u 4wd, v6 and need to replace wheelhousing, on 1sttoyotaparts.com they are 265.08 and they have different ones for a v-6 and the i-4 as well as for 2wd and for 4wd, but they are all the same price. On a website i found carpartswholesale, all they have is a 2wd wheelhouse. Does anyone know the differences, are there any differences, are all the wheelhouses the same? It'd seem to me that since its the same price its prolly the same product, but anyone with some knowledge in this area please let me know. I've decided to fix my yota myself, collision shop just seems incompetent.

Heres my yota currently....

http://community.webshots.com/album/237798226PrihxJ

Old 01-01-2005, 08:30 AM
Contributing Member

What did you hit???
Old 01-01-2005, 09:35 AM

phone pole, really dont know how much damage was mine. I was driving and was cut off by an older woman so i hit the brakes, was goin bout 10 - 15 mph and hit a patch of ice and just slid into the pole. bout 20 seconds later another girl rear ended me and ripped off my rear bumper.

Another question on top of that? should i try and get other girl to pay for some of the front end. At least what i was thinking was she was goin fast enough to tear of my rear bumper, she had to push me further into the pole?
Old 01-01-2005, 09:44 AM

I would imagine you could only get her for the damage she actually caused and not the damage that she *may* have caused my hitting you. If you did try to do it that way I would imagine they would say even though you were rear ended by her that you had already hit the pole and any subsequent damage to your front end would be directly caused by the pole.

Her hitting you and "pushing you further into the pole" was just a coincedence and she is not responsible for damage caused to your front end, only the rear end. IMO
Old 01-01-2005, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Yota4runner
I would imagine you could only get her for the damage she actually caused and not the damage that she *may* have caused my hitting you. If you did try to do it that way I would imagine they would say even though you were rear ended by her that you had already hit the pole and any subsequent damage to your front end would be directly caused by the pole.

Her hitting you and "pushing you further into the pole" was just a coincedence and she is not responsible for damage caused to your front end, only the rear end. IMO
That's what i figured, asked insuance agent and he said he didn't even know how he'd deal with it.(reassuring, huh?) Ill prolly just throw whatever money she gives me for the rear into the front since i dont have collision, it was an extra 1600 a year, just didnt seem worth it to me, so one way or another, still woulda been paying for this accident.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:15 AM

been searchin' for a few hours and can only frind 2wd wheelhousing? anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-01-2005, 06:32 PM

well, i havent found anything
Old 01-15-2013, 02:39 PM

Same situation! We're looking for a drivers side wheelhouse for a 4wd and nobody seems to carry them. I called my local Toyota dealer and they told me they can't even get them anymore?? Anybody know the difference on a 2wd wheel house vs the 4wd. The 2wd's are readily available all over the place. Thanks!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:09 AM

try curt at elmhurst toyota in IL. He is the master and can get any parts plus 25% discount
Old 01-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Attention newbie obliviots.

8 year old thread. :doh:

:wabbit2:
Old 01-16-2013, 10:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe the OP has been waiting 8yrs for the answer, Wabbit....