95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Busy weekend of mods!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 08:18 AM
CTB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Busy weekend of mods!

Hey guys,

Well, as some of you know, I installed an OME steering stabilizer on my rig this weekend...but unfortunately had a little trouble. Anyway, all is good now.

However, Jonathan and I also installed a few other mods on my rig this weekend: extended rear diff breather, greasable rear swaybar bracket bushings, rear swaybar end-link bushings, front swaybar disconnects (made by Lee), and the OME stabilizer.

It was a pretty busy day, but a good one. If you are interested, please see my Webshots page (album 4Runner #2) for pics of the mods. Also, if you need part numbers for any of the above mods, just let me know and I'll get them for ya. Take care guys-

Cody

http://community.webshots.com/user/ctbtiger
Old 12-29-2003, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been running Lee's discos for a while now and I'm got a little noise up front. The threaded part of the "heim" connector is undersized for the hole in the sway bar. I've cranked them down twice (w/thread locker), but you really need to gorilla them to keep them put (as far as I've found). I'm concerned that I'll snap the thing off if I go any tighter. I'm going to look for a steel bushing to put in the swaybar end, or I'll make my own set with beefier parts.

Let me know how they are treating you after a month or so.

Drivability is still great, just a little clunking.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:21 PM
CTB

I'll be sure to let you know how they work for me Mike. If I have any problems, you know I'll be headed right back here...

However, it shouldn't be bad at all to have to throw the stock ones back if need be. I'm anxious to try out the new disconnects on some trails up by school.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:40 PM

nicely done...... quick question though, how much of a PITA was it to get the rear swaybar end links unbolted to change the bushings?

i ended up making some front end links (thanx to Robinhood150's website) myself cause i snapped the stock ones trying to unbolt them and i didnt want to pay $100+ for the replacement ones form toyota.

just wondering how succesful you were with the rear ones?? any big issues with them??
Old 12-29-2003, 09:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by AverysDad
nicely done...... quick question though, how much of a PITA was it to get the rear swaybar end links unbolted to change the bushings?

i ended up making some front end links (thanx to Robinhood150's website) myself cause i snapped the stock ones trying to unbolt them and i didnt want to pay $100+ for the replacement ones form toyota.

just wondering how succesful you were with the rear ones?? any big issues with them??
Well I'll tell you. I helped Cody put those on and we didn't run into any problems whatsover with them. Very simple and quick install. If you replaced your front endlinks you will have no problems with the rear. Just make sure you hold onto the shaft that connects to the endlink, as it likes to rotate when you start wrenching on it.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:00 AM
CTB

Originally posted by Jonathan
Well I'll tell you. I helped Cody put those on and we didn't run into any problems whatsover with them. Very simple and quick install. If you replaced your front endlinks you will have no problems with the rear. Just make sure you hold onto the shaft that connects to the endlink, as it likes to rotate when you start wrenching on it.
Exactly what Jonathan said above!!