Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

american flag

Old 07-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
american flag

anyone have an american flag flyin on your truck? if so post some pics here.
i "fabbed" up some brackets but i dont want to drill a hole in my top, how should i get these on?
Old 07-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would, but... y'know. Look at my avatar.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Scofco
I would, but... y'know. Look at my avatar.
nice new avatar Scofco,you runner is still looking sweet.

cacattack: you lot are so patriotic,putting American flags on japanese cars.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks mate, she won't stay like that for much longer
Old 07-09-2004, 02:32 PM

Ive got the magnetic style flag just above the SR5 emblem on the back. Looks good.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:47 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Maddog
nice new avatar Scofco,you runner is still looking sweet.

i see no problem
Old 07-09-2004, 03:09 PM
Contributing Member

In cacattacks defense, I'm sure he'd buy something American if there was something worth buying
Old 07-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Contributing Member

In cacattacks defense, I'm sure he'd buy something American if there was something worth buying
right on
Old 07-09-2004, 03:38 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i had a 3'x5' flag on my truck for Canada Day. All I did is take the ball off the toungue of my trailer hitch. Then I welded a 6' steel pole to the head of a large bolt. put the bolt through the tounge and secure with two washers and a lock washer and nut (or locknut). Then I welded two smaller bolts on the pole to hold the flag at whatever distance apart was required by the spacing of the holes in the flag. Again, secured with a locknut. Voila, a flag and a flagpole. I can get pics if you'd like.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:40 PM
Contributing Member

I'd like pics, that would be awesome for me to have next year!

I've been on the lookout for Canada flag stickers for my rig, but I can't find any.
I hate how America has propaganda merchandise left right and center in any medium you can think of, yet Canada has next to nothing.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:57 PM

The two best american flags on vehicles I have seen where observed three days after 9/11.

A tanker with a perfectly painted american flat waving on its side and a 1962 Ford short narrow bed (nice condition) transporting a 6x3 foot american flag on a 8 foot pole mounted on the bed. It was a "goose bump" moment for me.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Contributing Member

I'd like pics, that would be awesome for me to have next year!

I've been on the lookout for Canada flag stickers for my rig, but I can't find any.
I hate how America has propaganda merchandise left right and center in any medium you can think of, yet Canada has next to nothing.

Gee, I wonder why that is? Maybe because there isn't a large demand for it. Being American is great and damn proud of it.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:09 PM
Contributing Member

I didn't wonder why there wasn't a lack of it, I know there isn't a high demand.
Most Canadians are damn proud of it, the Canadian media isn't nearly as large as the Americans, so it's not shoved in our face that we should be damn proud, and let everyone else know it.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:11 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Maddog
This is why i didnt do american flag stuff to mine, id get so much crap from the chevy boyz here in kansas, lol.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:19 PM

Tacoma is made in California .. 4runner made abroad ... in California after 9/11 even Tacos had flags on them.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't wonder why there wasn't a lack of it, I know there isn't a high demand.
Most Canadians are damn proud of it, the Canadian media isn't nearly as large as the Americans, so it's not shoved in our face that we should be damn proud, and let everyone else know it.
The media doesn't shove it down our throat. Most Americans are proud to be American because they know what this country stands for. We don't need the Media to shove it down our throat. I just back from Pismo and there were a bunch of trucks running the American flag, not because the Media told them to. They are just damned pround. Maybe it is because we are Arragant Americans, or maybe it is because we know we are the best country in the world. We are also proud because most of us have had and still have family members fight for this country. Most of us have family members that have sacrificed their lives for this country.

When I get my duel whip antennas, I plan on running an American flag on one of them.

Last edited by RedRunner_87; 07-11-2004 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:58 PM

you lot are so patriotic,putting American flags on japanese cars
I purchased and used a Toyota Hilux while serving in the US Army, overseas, in defense of my nation in a combat zone - Am I un 'American? Please tell me because I want to know.

I now drive a 4Runner as a civilian and I have a US Flag sticker on the back of it.
I wore the flag patch on my shoulder in combat and my Toyota had one too as well as the one I drive now.

Good enough for me then, good enough for me now. What is your problem with this?

Take note that the side arm of the US military is made by an Italian company (a country we fought in WWII), and the M16 (primary battle rifle) , M2 (primary Heavy MG for nearly 100 years), M240G (primary platoon level MG for over 10 years now) and M249 (primary squad automatic rifle for decades) are all made by Fabrique Nationale, a Belgium based company (one we liberated in WWII no less)

I hope you are not wearing a single bit of clothing made or assembled outside of your country. The fuel you burn in your vehicle was pumped out of the ground in another country as well...

Its not 1940 any more and single minded nationalism is a problem not a cure.

I love my country, I have fought for my country wearing the US flag on my shoulder and drove a Toyota purchased with US tax dollars doing so...

Please, go ahead, try to remove my US flag from my 4Runner - I dare you.

Last edited by ROMAD; 07-11-2004 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:04 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ROMAD
I purchased and used a Toyota Hilux while serving in the US Army, overseas, in defense of my nation in a combat zone - Am I un 'American? Please tell me because I want to know.

I now drive a 4Runner as a civilian and I have a US Flag sticker on the back of it.
I wore the flag patch on my shoulder in combat and my Toyota had one too as well as the one I drive now.

Good enough for me then, good enough for me now. What is your problem with this?

Take note that the side arm of the US military is made by an Italian company, and the M16 (primary battle rifle) , M2 (primary Heavy MG for nearly 100 years), M240G (primary squad automatic rifle for decades) and M249 (primary platoon level MG for over 10 years now) are all made by Fabrique Nationale and Belgium based company.

I hope you are not wearing a single bit of clothing made or assembled outside of your country. The fuel you burn in your vehicle was pumped out of the ground in another country as well...

I love my country, I have fought for my country wearing the US flag on my shoulder and drove a Toyota purcahsed with US tax dollars doing so...

Old 07-11-2004, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by ROMAD

Take note that the side arm of the US military is made by an Italian company (a coutry we fought in WWII), and the M16 (primary battle rifle) , M2 (primary Heavy MG for nearly 100 years), M240G (primary squad automatic rifle for decades) and M249 (primary platoon level MG for over 10 years now) are all made by Fabrique Nationale, a Belgium based company (one we liberated in WWII no less)

I love my country, I have fought for my country wearing the US flag on my shoulder and drove a Toyota purcahsed with US tax dollars doing so...

Exactly, rock on man . I don't see how you can be any more or less patrotic by what kind car you drive. I am going to fly the American flag on my truck.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:14 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, right. The media made me be proud to be American. Now you are just grasping for straws. One of the main reasons that I love the US is that we don't sit around and whine like the French and Canadians. :cry:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: american flag