Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

4Runner is a chick car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 03:32 AM
DuB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4Runner is a chick car?

I don't know about you guys, but I've noticed that around here, about 75-80% of 4Runner drivers are female. I've mentioned this to my roommates, who have also noticed the same, and now call our 4Runner a "chick car" like Jettas and what not :pat: Has anyone else noticed this?

I have to admit though, when I let my gf drive my car this week (to drop me off and pick me up from my finals), the truck looked like it matched her pretty well Oh, she drives a Jetta :pat:

*edit* She mentioned that she really liked driving my 4Runner. She said it was easier to drive than her Jetta! I asked her if she wanted to trade cars for a week, but she said no because she doesn't think guys should be seen driving Jettas

Last edited by DuB; 03-21-2003 at 03:35 AM.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:57 AM
Contributing Member

I don't think that the 4Runner is too much of a chick car. I think that the Jeep Wrangler is more of a chick car.

In SLC about 50% of the vehicles are SUV's.
I have noticed that: A majority of the Limited 4Runners are driven by soccer moms, and a majority of the SR5's are driven by men. Anyone else notice this??
Old 03-21-2003, 03:58 AM

Definitely alot of women drive the 4 runner. I think of my Double cab Tacoma to be a man's vehicle, but of course yesterday on my way home on I-95 there was another Silver Double cab TRD prerunner just like mine with a woman driving right next to me for a while, we both gave each other a nice smile.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:25 AM
ATC

Hey SLC Punk what if you drive a SR5 Limited???

I don't care how many chicks drive 4Runners or other SUVs as long as there hot
Old 03-21-2003, 05:46 AM

OH HELLLLLLLLLLLS NO!!! I just think of them as rugged chicks driving a DUDE's rig!

Really though, I think I see about an even percent of guys driving them, to girls.(at least here in Indiana)

and if the chick is cute, then more power to em!
I think that the Jeep Wrangler is more of a chick car.
I agree with this more, because it's usually younger chicks like college age who I see driving wranglers. My girl does, so maybe I'm biased!
Old 03-21-2003, 05:54 AM

I mostly see men driving 4 Runners here in Phoenix. Rodeos and Pathfinders seem to have more women driving them here. Besides all the soccer toting MILFs driving(or trying to)Suburbans and H2s. They seem to be big with the mom crowd around here.
Old 03-21-2003, 06:12 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't think it's much of a chick thing here. You don't see many in them.

Here's one next to one though:

Old 03-21-2003, 06:23 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by ATC
Hey SLC Punk what if you drive a SR5 Limited???

I don't care how many chicks drive 4Runners or other SUVs as long as there hot
Then you are a transvestide (SP?) J/K

I hope I didn't offend anyone with my SR5/ Limited comment. Its just something that I noticed in Utah....
Old 03-21-2003, 06:40 AM
Contributing Member

Ya gotta figure women are adopting a lot of male demographics, women smoking cigars was recently a big fad. I don't particularly care if women think the 4runner is chick vehicle, it's probably a marketing method by toyota that's profitable.
People also believe that diamonds equal love, and that you can't love or get married without one. The truth is that diamonds equal dead africans, they are not as rare as people think, and they are grossly overpriced.

The 4runner is too masculine to ever be a chick car, the best they can hope for is to be a tomboy. Which is pretty cool actually...
Old 03-21-2003, 07:05 AM

chicks dig 4-Runners.

Nice Jason B, I dig the skirt.
Old 03-21-2003, 07:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mini-utes (RAV4s, Honda CRVs, etc) are chick cars. Sure, I've seen plenty o' women drive 4Runners, but c'mon now!

And Jgage, if you think the lady looks good in the skirt, you should see Jason in a skirt! Hubba hubba! Jason, can you post your pics of you in that same skirt?

Bob
Old 03-21-2003, 07:22 AM

Hell...I thought that WAS Jason....lol

Nice ride Jason....both of them....
Old 03-21-2003, 07:23 AM
A+

a girl told me the same thing bout 4runners but i'm secure w/ myself. besides a car is a car and its made for ppl not for any specific gender
Old 03-21-2003, 07:26 AM

Originally posted by pfdaxe
I mostly see men driving 4 Runners here in Phoenix. Rodeos and Pathfinders seem to have more women driving them here. Besides all the soccer toting MILFs driving(or trying to)Suburbans and H2s. They seem to be big with the mom crowd around here.

Yup, I see that too!

I have to add Sequoia's, Navigators and Expiditions for the Soccer mom car of choice...all depends how nice your neighborhood is I guess

....we only have one H2 driving Soccer mom in mine...
Old 03-21-2003, 07:26 AM

I don't know what you guys are complaining about, there is nothing hotter than a chick with a (nice) truck!
Old 03-21-2003, 07:29 AM
Contributing Member

I think the Jetta chick thing must be nationwide. Hot girls and Jettas often seem to be synonymous with each other.

Whatever the vehicle - Jeep, Jetta, 4Runner, - if the girl is hot, then they look even better in a hot vehicle.

I'm surprised it hasn't come up yet, but I'll be the first to start it....

What about hotties that ride morotcycles?!?
Old 03-21-2003, 07:36 AM

My wife told me the 4runner has always been her favorite vehicle. However, she drives a full size Chevy 1500 LT Z71.
Old 03-21-2003, 07:57 AM
AUJWE

Here in my college town there are tons of 4Runners. I've noticed that the majority of the Limited models are driven by females, and the majority of the SR5s and 4WDs are driven by guys. I think this was mentioned by someone earlier in the post.

Joey
Old 03-21-2003, 08:06 AM

Originally posted by mertztr
I think the Jetta chick thing must be nationwide. Hot girls and Jettas often seem to be synonymous with each other.

Whatever the vehicle - Jeep, Jetta, 4Runner, - if the girl is hot, then they look even better in a hot vehicle.

I'm surprised it hasn't come up yet, but I'll be the first to start it....

What about hotties that ride morotcycles?!?
I second the hot girls in jettas thing! There are a lot of Jettas around here (college town) and the nice ones are always driven by hot girls. This guy I worked with had a bright red Jetta..prolly a '96 or so, I called it a "chick car" and he got really upset...simple fact is...jettas=chick cars there's no two ways about it.

Girls get Jettas (or maybe a v6 mustang)
Boys get Wranglers (or maybe a v8 mustang)

It's
Old 03-21-2003, 08:06 AM
Contributing Member

Was out in Tahoe 2 weeks ago and saw two hotties in a beige lifted 85 toyota truck. Just HAD to slow down and check them out. Repeatedly.

Maybe it's not that the truck is a chick vehicle, but it makes the driver seem like she could play rough with the boys. Draw your own conclusions...

Coversely the yuppie soccer moms use it as a phychological superiority device, at least here in snotty No. VA.

Quick Reply: 4Runner is a chick car?