Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

3.4L Turbo Kits coming soon!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 05:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by midiwall
Gregg (Greedy) is waiting on the port fueler from URD.

There was a quick discussion on another forum about status, and it _appears_ that it should be shipped VERY soon. But, Gregg's going to need to source injectors for it, and that could take an extra couple of days.

Closer... Closer... CLOSER!

...but not quite yet.
Just ordered the port fueler - 6 injector controller - 6 additional injectors and Fuel line tap from Brian at URD and they will be here FRIDAY!!! - Gonna be installing this upcoming weekend and next week then off to the dyno. It's getting close and I am getting really damn excited!!! - One question though: I am mounting the xd-1 A/F guage and am looking for a place to mount it. I don't want a double or triple A pillar option as I really like the o-sheet handle there. Anybody know of a good option to mount it on top of the steering column. I have seen a few "universal" products but am wary as to their quality.

Last edited by Greedy; 05-23-2006 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:23 PM

let. me. know. When you're heading to the dyno!

Gimme a day's notice and I can be there with a camera!
Old 05-23-2006, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by midiwall
let. me. know. When you're heading to the dyno!

Gimme a day's notice and I can be there with a camera!
For sure. I will post it up here and try to get a saturday appointment so it will be easier for whoever wants to come. How's the 440 project goin??
Old 05-23-2006, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Greedy
For sure. I will post it up here and try to get a saturday appointment so it will be easier for whoever wants to come.
Cool!

How's the 440 project goin??
I have the injectors, but they needed "one HECK of a good soak" - so they're in the garage in a vat of Seafoam. I have the fittings from URD to attach to the injectors, but I need to wire them into the present harness. I'm going to do them in parallel so I can go back to the 3xx's when I have - ummm, IF I NEED to.

I also need to get new o-rings all-around. There's a price to pay for getting a "SCREAMIN'" deal.

So past all that... I need a weekend to do it. It's 4 hours round-trip to pull & replace the S/C and injectors, then probably an hour+ to cleanly wire in the new connectors. That's 5 hours... Then an hour of cussing to find out that you really CAN'T balance an idle on top of 440's, then _another_ 4 hours to replace the 440's with the 305s. Basically, a very full weekend.

I'm also thinking that I may buy a set of 370's to have on hand to swap in when I can't idle the 440's.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:19 PM

Fuelin and Boostin Stuff Arrived!!

Everything arrived from URD and others today to finish this project! Here is what I purchased:

URD Port Fueler with 6 injector controller
6 - 30lb additional injectors
Greddy Electronic Boost Controller
Innovative LC-1 / XD-1 Standalone A/F kit
Split Second ESC1 - 02 signal conditioner
Autometer Carbon Fiber Boost Gauge (30hg vacuum - 20lbs boost)

All this will be going in this week! DYNO Day coming soon!!!

PIC of new stuff below:
Attached Thumbnails 3.4L Turbo Kits coming soon!-fuelnbooststuffs.jpg  
Old 05-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keep us informed, i would love to see this setup
Old 05-31-2006, 12:31 AM

Let it fly dood!
Old 05-31-2006, 03:27 AM

Are we there yet?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by OutdoorLiving
Are we there yet?
Gregg and Ricky posted this up on CustomTaco yesterday:

Originally Posted by greedy
Ricky has all the parts to finish the project but is just trying to find the time. He is working on like 6 acura's right now getting them all ready for a big meet up in B.C. this upcoming weekend. After that though, he will be working only on this project. We, especially me, are hoping to have it running and tuned by next week - then it's off to the dyno to get some numbers put up. It's been a long haul but the end is in sight!!
Originally Posted by speedfactory206
yeah we rented a dyno out for this coming saturday so this entire week is completely crammed with tune sessions and tweaks at my shop. i keep looking at the port fueler and im getting excited. ill put up some progress pics soon!
Old 06-28-2006, 06:18 PM

any progress?
Old 06-28-2006, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by mudnsnow
any progress?
Yes! Urd port fueler, boost controller, new tial wastegate, boost gauge and esc1 are being installed as we speak. The charge piping, turbo and downpipe are being re-installed as they had to come out for some adjustments. Also being installed is the final production manifold custom made by Speedfactory and it is BEEFY - made out of schedule 40, 316 stainless with mild steel flanges. The inside diameter of the pipes are 1.61 inches with a outside diameter of 1.9 - very thick and will come with a killer warranty. Our goal is to be up and running by saturday and spend the weekend road tuning. I know that it has been a long process but everything is being double and triple checked to ensure the kit is of the highest quality. Pics and results will be posted as soon as possible!!
Old 06-29-2006, 05:22 AM
Contributing Member

Gregg-

Did you see this thread? Bring that bad boy out to the "meet!'
Old 06-29-2006, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by <96 Runner>
Gregg-

Did you see this thread? Bring that bad boy out to the "meet!'
Or this one!

http://www.wattora.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2691
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/2nd-annual-all-toyota-festival-july-2nd-2006-moderators-move-if-necessary-83160/

We're gonna try to dirty the ricers!
Old 06-29-2006, 05:46 AM

Holy Crap that looks fun! I will do everything I can to have it up and running and bring it down there on Sunday.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:09 PM

Will we be able to run the kit with low boost and get the fuel management later or is the boost not adjustable? sorry if i am off base in the understanding dept.

Joe
Old 07-04-2006, 05:39 PM

i would have to say you probably could if you bought a smaller wastegate spring...say 4psi TOPS
Old 07-04-2006, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Weasy2k
i would have to say you probably could if you bought a smaller wastegate spring...say 4psi TOPS

The tial wategate we are using has a 6lb spring in it so 6lbs will be the lowest we can go. I am running a greddy electronic boost controller so with a turn of a dial I will be able to adjust the boost from 6 to 12 lbs. The tuning with the URD port fueler will be linear so i will not need to retune when I change the amount of boost. I will probably run 8-9 lbs daily and turn it up to 12 or so when I wanna have a little fun If you don't want to do any fuel mods and use the stock injectors, pump etc.. i can't imagine you will be able to run any more than 3-4 lbs.

Last edited by Greedy; 07-04-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Contributing Member

So...when are you guys gonna have some more news on the turbo kit...I can't wait.

I followed the thread on customtacos.com and it looks like you guys are close to bringing out some dyno numbers... From then on, how long do you think it'll take to get the final product going?

(Oh, and does it have an water-to-air intercooler now?)

TIA!!
Old 07-04-2006, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Greedy
The tial wategate we are using has a 6lb spring in it so 6lbs will be the lowest we can go..
While thats true you (as in you're customers) can go and buy the lower springs for roughly 25bucks.

I am still drooling over the kit...good work!
Old 07-05-2006, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by marko3xl3
So...when are you guys gonna have some more news on the turbo kit...I can't wait.

I followed the thread on customtacos.com and it looks like you guys are close to bringing out some dyno numbers... From then on, how long do you think it'll take to get the final product going?

(Oh, and does it have an water-to-air intercooler now?)

TIA!!
We are damn close - Road tuning today and tommorow. One of the reasons it has taken so long is that everything is being triple checked for clearances and fitment. Also, all of the piping jigs are being made as the parts are fit so they can be reproduced exactly. As soon as my 4runner is done, the kit will be available for purchase. Right now we are using a front mounted air to air intercooler behind the front bumper.

Quick Reply: 3.4L Turbo Kits coming soon!