Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

1 inch Body Lift Installed *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 08:05 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off, thanks everyone for all the compliments.

Originally Posted by Djlarroc
Nice job man, but did you really need the steering extension? Just wondering cuz altough my truck is a 1st gen, I didn't use an extension for my 1" BL.
Originally Posted by 94Runner4x4
looks awesome! but x3 on the steering extension. I put on a 1" from 4crawler and had no need for one although i do have a 2nd gen.
Originally Posted by Psalm 112
On his website only 3rd gen's (and newer) call for an extention with a 1" BL. I got one with the kit I ordered last year from 4Crawler. Easy Install!

The Lift looks great RockSlide. Nice Rig!

Psalm 112 is correct. The extension is recommended for 3rd Gens. You 'might' be able to get by w/o it, but for only $30, I was not about to pass it by.

Originally Posted by 4rnr4nick
Ditto on what Sloan said...

How long did it take to install? and did you need anything unusual (toolwise)?
To be honest, I don't really remember. It was more or less an all day job. I helped Brian as much as possible and we took our time doing it. No rush at all.

Really, removing the oem body mount bolts, raising the body (one side at a time), installing the new pucks and longer bolts was really quite easy. What took time was actually accessing the oem bolts. I installed a layer of sound deadening material in my 4Runner a while back, so after pulling back the carpet, I still had to tear into the sound deadening material. It was not a big deal, but it just made the time getting to each bolt a tad longer. Also, removing the front bumper, installing the pucks and then remounting it took a little bit more time too.

Brian tackled the steering extension. Being that I purchased this 4Runner in NY, you can imagine how hard it was to free the steering rod and install the new extension.

Unusual tools, not really. However, I simply don't have that many tools, so it would have been impossible for me to do it by myself. Had I had them, yes I could have done it.

All in all, it was a good day of fun.

Originally Posted by infiltrator
and whats with the liners???
That's just me being anal and taking it to the next level . The gap created by most body lifts is one thing that I absolutely hate about BLs. Any time I can cover a gap up, I'll do it.

By no means are these liners needed, I just like how they cover the gaps. I paid around $30-$40 for the liners, clips and undercoating spray. For only that much, I figured why not do it.

Gotta have the sleeper look .

Originally Posted by terminator
The gap with the bumper doesn't look bad either, I was a bit worried but looks fine. I have a T15 for my 96 T4R so I wasn't sure about the 1" BL but now I am. Do you have a suspension lift as well and if so what are you running?
Yeah, I was a bit worried about it too, but the TJM adjusts up more than I originally had it mounted. Therefore, the gap is minimal at best now.

As far as a lift goes, yes, I am running one. The SS 7.1 Lift kit to be exact. I'm also running 265/75 Nittos too. For more information on my setup, click on the 'My 4Runner Profile' link below in my sig.

Last edited by Rock Slide; 02-19-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 94Runner4x4
My 1" lift cost me $95 from 4crawler. Install it yourself it's easy and you get good knowledge. Also, you put it on so you'll feel better about it and the best part, IT'S FREE!

thats all? my next question.. how do you do a body lift? lol any write ups on it?
Old 02-19-2008, 08:12 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by mkgarrison5
how much did the 1 inch body lift cost? how much does it usually run to have them installed too? i have been debating about a very small lift like a body lift. i wonder if they make a 1/2 inch body lift lol.. the only reason why i want one is so that my 265/75/16's wont rub at full flex and the wheel turned.
The BL itself was a $100 I think. Install was between $100 - $150. Again, it's best to check w/ Brian @ WabFab on prices.

Originally Posted by neq0323
looks good! are any of your harnesses stretched bad? i was wanting to try the same setup but i have an automatic and was woried about levers and brackets being to far streched.
Nope, none at all. All in good standing.

Originally Posted by disassemble
i've been considering the 1" BL for a lil time now, but with my new ARB it sits so nice flush... i feel like i don't want to ruin that, how are you dealing with it? or are you just over it.. hah... i have 275/70/16 and still rubs with my SAWs... dunnno so i wanted to get a 33" mud tire, and i figured a 1"BL would give it just enough room to be happy... anywho looksgood!
At first I was dealing w/ the gaps, but now I don't even notice them. I say go for it!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:06 AM

with a body lift, doesnt this lower your gear shift (auto and manual) on the inside of the truck? i dont know squat about a body lift. (like you didnt notice lol)
Old 02-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Contributing Member

with a body lift, doesnt this lower your gear shift (auto and manual) on the inside of the truck? i dont know squat about a body lift. (like you didnt notice lol)
I noticed no ill affects on mine. However, anything over 1 inch, you'll have to install shifter extensions.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:17 AM

do they make 1/2 inc body lift kits? lol
Old 02-19-2008, 10:22 AM

I demand you stop with the mods Rock! You're killin me, and my wallet! Ditto with the others, looks awesome man, good job!
Old 02-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Contributing Member

do they make 1/2 inc body lift kits? lol
That I don't know. It's either not enough lift for companies to even bother cutting pucks that small or else 1/2 inch is too thin to run a puck w/o it breaking. That's a question for the guys that sell them.

Originally Posted by 89-4run
I demand you stop with the mods Rock! You're killin me, and my wallet! Ditto with the others, looks awesome man, good job!
My wife says the same thing .

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Rock Slide
I noticed no ill affects on mine. However, anything over 1 inch, you'll have to install shifter extensions.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I needed one for the t-case shifter after the 1.5" BL. Sonoran Steel Steve had me go through Marlin Crawler and get the Short Throw Shifter Modification. Has worked like a champ since then.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:06 PM

yes, they make 1/2" body lifts. www.4crawler.com has all the info you'll ever want.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:26 PM

really nice, you should put some bigger meats on there now
Old 02-19-2008, 01:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

seriously, where's the "sexy" emoticon?
Old 02-19-2008, 01:43 PM

Your truck looks outstanding!

I would love to see how that bumper would look color-matched...
Old 02-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Spence1016
really nice, you should put some bigger meats on there now
Be patient my young padawan, they will come in due time

Originally Posted by Whitey13
Your truck looks outstanding!

I would love to see how that bumper would look color-matched...
Thanks.

I once considered color matching my TJM to the color of my 4Runner, but I've since changed my mind. I instead like the contrast of black bumper on a silver truck. Plus the upkeep of an unpainted bumper is much easier than that of one painted.

However, if you want to see what one looks like color matched, check out Blake's 4Runner on UY: Click Me

Last edited by Rock Slide; 02-19-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:59 PM

Looks great! The liners are a great idea. Good work
Old 02-19-2008, 02:26 PM

link for the gap covers??
Old 02-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by jlohr
link for the gap covers??
Huh? Not sure what you're saying. Are you wanting a link to them? I just bought them and the clips at the dealer.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:06 PM

SEXY.

..I have 2in and no shifter extension. IDK for sure though haven't noticed all year.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good i just ordered one. Im stock now w 265, but any way, Are those toyota part numbers on the fender liners and clips. Thanks..... Damn if i read al the post two on top of me , you got them at the dealer thanks

Last edited by dbcx; 02-22-2008 at 06:11 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:50 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by dbcx
Looks good i just ordered one. Im stock now w 265, but any way, Are those toyota part numbers on the fender liners and clips. Thanks..... Damn if i read al the post two on top of me , you got them at the dealer thanks
Thanks.

Yep, those are the parts w/ part #s from the dealer.

Quick Reply: 1 inch Body Lift Installed *PICS*