86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

YoterUp's 1990 Pickup Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beaniam
... keep your ifs rear axle, take his 4.88 third and put that on your housing. Rotate the pinion as well if you plan on running 10" of lift. More than likely going to have to extend the rear driveshaft as well. 10" all suspension? 7" springs with 3" body? Drop hangers and arched springs? I think you should spend some more time researching before shelling out $1000 for a mystery install. If you just want to play in FL mud you could do that with 5-7" of suspension lift and 36" r1 tractor tires and have a much more all around wheelable truck. Btw the first time you blow up a birf is going to run you $650 if you want to fix it right. There's a lot of costs and aspects involved with a sas that's done correctly that you didn't mention. I'm not trying to be a dick just sounds like you should spend some more time researching before you let someone else start hacking away at your truck. Also don't bitch at folks here for being "too smart for their own good". Try posting a thread like this over on pirate and see how that goes. BTW who makes a mud tire for a 22" rim
http://www.4wheelparts.com/TT118X11826X1182619.aspx

there is a website with mud tires for a 22.
also i started the project today im loading the pics now ill have them up in a few...
Old 11-19-2009, 04:25 PM

The pics are in no order i took a few throughout the day of random things but here is the start...

This is when my wheel studs broke on I4 a cadi limo got pulled over right behind me it was funny did was pissed

This is going to be the worlds 1st nissan titan duely bagged and sitting on the ground. it will have a nissan titan motor twin turbo with a matching lowered bagged car hauler on 24s.. this is how we roll in florida...

The beginning of the day when we he 1st started.

the ford f150 he has on 2.5 tons and 58 inch V treads

a little later when they started tourching and un bolting

More of the monster ford

One of the guys trucks the works at the shop

Old 11-19-2009, 04:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
P.O.S. red Ford aint even got a front driveshaft...wtf lmao
Old 11-19-2009, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by 91_TOYOTA_4x4
screw ifs just get the sfa. TOYOTA 1 you make a good point but why lift and gear ifs when you can cut to the chase and save a whole lot of money and pain with sfa?
"cutting to the chase" is ok if you know what you need and are actually gonna use it!
but sadly for most thats not the case
Old 11-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
lmao, I just had a thought... I was going to ask you what gears you had in your front diff, and if you wanted to sell them if they were anything other than 4.10's... but then I remember WHY you're doing the SAS to begin with...

I'm we-tod-edd...

but on that note, what are you doing with your old manual hubs?

Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 11-19-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:36 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by YoterUp
some times you guys are REALLY REALLY smart other times i think some of you should put a boot in your mouth and your to smart for your own good. but ill just eat my words till the project is finished and you can see the final project ill start taking beginning pics tomorrow and ill also take a pic or 2 of the trucks hes got around his shop.. i eventually want to run 40 15.50 22s that why im going 10 inches.. the 38s are just for now beacuse he has them around the shop.. and 1000$ isnt to cheap its perfect for me your just haters beacuse you all pay that much just for the kit... its nice to have friends in low places... haha.. and i live in Oviedo FL its right by UCF college. the shop is in EDGEWATER its right by new symrna beach.
if you want to run 40" tires, why are you putting toyota axles underneath this truck?
just spend the extra money and throw D60's underneath it, with a chevy SB350 under the hood.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TOYOTA 1
"cutting to the chase" is ok if you know what you need and are actually gonna use it!
but sadly for most thats not the case
i know what i want lol and have a picture in my head of what i want it for. once i get it capable i want to hit up some trails up north and in the states, realy want to do some wheeling in oregon i want a truck that will work for me. rightnow my trucks ok but its ifs, open on both ends, and no armor lol. your truck is in the area of were i want mine!
Old 11-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by KelleyC
HUH?
You and I are more alike than you think. That is some funny crap!

If your buddy lifts your Toyota like he is lifting the trucks in your pics, it is going to be a death trap and look like

There is NO need for 10" of lift and $1K in labor is cheap, so he must be a good friend.

If you are going to post up about lifting your truck, folks are going to interject and offer criticism because many trucks have been lifted and I can assure you many folks here know what works on a Toyota and what does not.

40s and 5" of lift and lifted "right"

Good luck cause it sounds like you are going to need it.

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 11-19-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:16 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Good luck cause it sounds like you are going to need it.
x2 - although if you're getting >$1000 in parts with labor for a grand, you must be pretty damn lucky ... or the shop owner is pretty damn stupid ... or you're not really getting the parts you think you are/you need
Old 11-19-2009, 06:33 PM

Thank you Wabbit.

This is what the 10" of lift will look like... *ignore the background behind the truck* *seriously, don't look at it >.>*

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 11-19-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:38 PM
tc
Contributing Member

OP probably just sprung wood
Old 11-19-2009, 06:40 PM

lol i hope not, because that looks completely stupid.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by peow130
Thank you Wabbit.

This is what the 10" of lift will look like... *ignore the background behind the truck* *seriously, don't look at it >.>*
That is pretty funny too.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
did't take yall long to jump on this guys case... geez...
Old 11-19-2009, 07:09 PM

you guys are a special breed but it dont hurt my feelings any its funny how one of you says if your running 40s spend the extra money and put dana 60s under it then the next post is a guy also talking crap with a picture of a toyota on 40s with a toyota axel.. man can you say hypocrite? its ok the ol yota aels will hold and if they dont well he has an extra set of front load 2.5 tons in the next bay. or are thoes to small to? haha you all make me smile. the guy building it is also a very good friend and my brother works for him not like i need to explain any of it to you. thanks for the comments tho.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:11 PM

That red ford has a tiny front axle!! LOL it looks like a widened dana 30, lol look at the shock mounts, if he drives this on the street im glad that I live in texas, a long way away, because its a matter of time before that whole front end just leaves that truck!!!! Hahaha, and I bet my stock dodge can out tow that twin turbo titan dually and get better mileage, what a waste of money there is a reason nissan didnt make one, because they are ugly, and a half ton truck with a dana 44 1/4 ton axle!!!! the rear of that frame on that truck doesnt look strong enough to tow anything.

As for your truck, use the IFS rear axle, because it is 3 inches wider. Is this thing your daily driver, if so I hope you would truck this guys fab skills with your life, I dont know him, but if that red truck was his work, I wish you luck cause that is a poor/scary design. A SAS is not something you cheap out on. A lot of stress goes through it, and I hope you plan on at least getting stronger axles in the front, because they are going to break.
10 inches of lift is too much, plus no one makes a spring for our trucks in that height, im assumeing that he is going to link the front, and I strongly recommend you get a leaf spring SAS kit, because that fords front end is scary.

Im not trying to make you mad or anything, just looking out for a fellow toyota guy!

I wish you all the luck, you are going to need it!
Old 11-19-2009, 07:14 PM

yota axles will hold up to 40s if you use long field axle shafts, about $800 bucks
Old 11-19-2009, 07:21 PM

who said the nissan was going to be used for towing????...it's probably just going to be a show truck since it's one of a kind..i mean seriously who the hell is gonna try to town ANYTHING with that.....i LOVE how a Lowered dually looks..if it's done right..lol

and i'm really really really surprised that nobody has said anything about him wanting to run 22's on a toyota lmfao
Old 11-19-2009, 07:29 PM

He said he is going to have a 24ft lowered car hauler build to tow behind it...!!!

And the 22s, at least he is going to have 40 inch tires, thats close to the recommended aspect ratio (tire= 2 X rim)
Old 11-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by YoterUp
you guys are a special breed but it dont hurt my feelings any its funny how one of you says if your running 40s spend the extra money and put dana 60s under it then the next post is a guy also talking crap with a picture of a toyota on 40s with a toyota axel.. man can you say hypocrite? its ok the ol yota aels will hold and if they dont well he has an extra set of front load 2.5 tons in the next bay. or are thoes to small to? haha you all make me smile. the guy building it is also a very good friend and my brother works for him not like i need to explain any of it to you. thanks for the comments tho.
Differing opinions from different individuals are not hypocritical.

If I were telling you to run one tons and ran Toyota axles myself then that would be hypocritical.

I build Toyotas with Toyota parts and own 8 Toyotas. You won't see anything else but Toyota at my shop.

10" of lift on 22" rims on any Toyota is absurd.

Quick Reply: YoterUp's 1990 Pickup Build-Up Thread