Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SgtSuprman's 94 4Runner Build-Up - Roxanne - Picture Heavy

So....this happened:

Name:  20160705_145948_zpslbgexiej.jpeg
Views: 72
Size:  61.7 KB
You can check out this old thread here: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f199/sgtsuprmans-1992-4runner-build-up-picture-heavy-295165/

And then this happened:

Name:  20160708_083247_zpsxj0al8no.jpeg
Views: 56
Size:  71.1 KB

And then this happened:

Name:  FB_IMG_1488461737433_zpssieqrwik.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  293.2 KB

So now I am doing a new build thread. Of course, all of this happened back in July of last year. In fact the accident happened on July 5th, coming home from a 4th of July Campout/Wheeling weekend. I bought the F-350 the next day, and then got this 94 4Runner at the end of July. It had a blown head-gasket and a little body damage to the tailgate from a previous accident, but otherwise it was in good shape. Plus it is a 5-speed, which means no more automatic power-sapping for me. But I didn't really have the motivation to work on it. I needed to swap the rebuilt motor from the old one into the new one, put the clutch, flywheel, and trans on the good motor, as well as change the wiring harness to the M/T ECU. But I had just done all that work to get the old one running. Over a year of working on it when I had the time/motivation/money to get it running...and then I needed to get another one running. Granted, it wasn't nearly as much work to just swap the engines. But on top of that, the rain and weather (which I am particularly not fond of here in the PNW) started in and I was just so put-off. So they sat. They took up space in my driveway, just sitting there looking so sad. I had the truck, so I wasn't hurting for a vehicle, however, I commute 60 miles a day for work...and that gets REALLY expensive really fast. At this point I was spending over $100 a week in diesel. Don't get me wrong I love my truck, but that fuel bill adds up. When I finally decided to get over my self-pity, it took me a little over two weekends to actually get it done. Now I couldn't be any happier. Of course! It still needs some fine-tuning, and some adjustments, but she runs and drives fine, and I have done my daily commute twice now, so she can at least make the trip to work and back. I am hoping this weekend I can get her out on the trail, it is something I have been craving and missing in my life. I need the off-roading!

Last edited by SgtSuprman; 03-03-2017 at 05:16 PM.