86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

JoRunners 1990 2DOOR 4Runner Build (Pic Heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just some pics reppin =]

New TRD sticker, may replace for the TRD sticker with the RED background. Dunno yet.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:12 PM

nice runner there. whats your tire size? any rubbing at full stretch?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by ROCKGUARD 1
nice runner there. whats your tire size? any rubbing at full stretch?

Thanks man. 32 11.50 15, No rub in the front or rear whether Im at full crank or max flex. The BJ spacers and new Coils are great. I will get a new set of 33's in a month or so and from my research Ill have no issue fitting those either.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:49 PM

nice. how do you find the ride quality now?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by ROCKGUARD 1
nice. how do you find the ride quality now?
I think you are referring to my lift and suspension? Honestly, I was flat out AMAZED at the difference it made. I mean its incredible. My rig mostly sees trail wheeling, no hard pre running or rock crawling, somewhere in between. When I need it to flex it does respectably well (ifs considered) and when I step on the throttle and drive over terrain prob far faster than what is safe, it soaks it up incredibly well.

FAR better then i could have ever imagined. Trucks even gotten completely air borne! (sometimes on purpose other times not so much.) I can ignore speed bumps lol soaks em up no worse than a mild pot hole. When out wheeling I can get back to camp 10-15 min faster than my straight axle friends lol. Simply because the ride is nowhere near as jarring.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:14 PM

Things have been busy as of late. I bought a super clean lil 85 2wd pick up to be my DD so I havent been doing a whole lot to the 90. Except for finding out that my reverse is going out in my auto trans........

That said I will be lookin at my options with that soon enough but for now I will post a pic of some wheeling Ive done over the last few months and hopefully will catch up with pics of my rig in action. Enjoy!

Old 05-31-2012, 03:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This 'Runner is awesome, but the Ron Paul signs make it even awesomer
Old 10-13-2012, 09:31 AM

For Liberty my friend!!!

So I'm currently out of state for work so I dont have the means to get anything done to the truck until mid december. However...... Since I am working out of state my wages have been adjusted so when I return the truck will be getting a whole lot of needed and wanted attention.

A few months ago I did pick up these babies to get rid of the crossover and add to the sexiness of the yota.

saw em on craigslist called the guy up and not only did he have the 3.0 downey headers for the 3.0 he also had the all important carb sticker needed for nazi Kalifornia. So after chatting with him a bit he says they are mine for $125 if I take them off his hands that weekend.

I drove up that night.

So while I am there I ask what other stuff he has for sale as he has a very well maintained 4runner in the drive. Lo and behold he has a header for a 22r also a downey, so I call my buddy who had been looking, he didnt answer but I took the risk and said I'd buy em if the price was right (in hopes my buddy did indeed want them at the time.) Well The guy tells me he will sell me both headers for a mere 150. We shook hands and I drove home =)

I did return home this last weekend and purchased a few goodies from the Lucas Oil offroad expo in Pomona

The wheels not the dog lol

Method Racing Double standard wheels. 15x8

Ill be skatin on these with fresh km2's when I am back in December!!! Got 5 so I will have a full sized legit spare off the rear tire carrier and everything.

I also bought a thrasharoo Pack for the yota as well.

http://www.trasharoo.com/TRASHAROO%20/About.html

for those who are not acquainted with this item yet.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:22 PM

nice build so far. 2 doors for life!! haha.
been looking to do a indash cb as well but the one i have now was free and works soo good. whats the specs on the old wheels. i been looking for a set like those
Old 10-13-2012, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by ToyoTech559
nice build so far. 2 doors for life!! haha.
been looking to do a indash cb as well but the one i have now was free and works soo good. whats the specs on the old wheels. i been looking for a set like those

15x8 if I am not mistaken. They are made by ENKEI , but for the life of me I cant find any information on model name or number! I wanted to get a 5th for the longest time but I couldn't find information on getting a matching wheel. I like the way they look but I got hooked on those Methods and decided to go that route.

I got the in dash as my first own CB that I wasn't simply borrowing from a friend so i decided to find one that would fit in the dash, it works rather well. I do need to tune the antenna properly still however.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:50 PM

Such an awesome score on the header! I wish I can find one for that cheap. It's a shame that there are only 3 or 4 companies selling them and their $600+. There are always people on here asking about headers for these engines. Obviously the demand is there, more companies need to start making them. Then the price might start to creep down due to competition...Well, enough about my economics rant...
Old 10-13-2012, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by 93Xtra-Cab
Such an awesome score on the header! I wish I can find one for that cheap. It's a shame that there are only 3 or 4 companies selling them and their $600+. There are always people on here asking about headers for these engines. Obviously the demand is there, more companies need to start making them. Then the price might start to creep down due to competition...Well, enough about my economics rant...
ya I definitely have to agree with you. The only thing that comes to mind Is production for these isnt easily cost effective or there is some BS regarding the 50 state smog cert. I doubt its cheap for cali to stamp their approval on it and the product most likely costs a pretty penny to do so. IMO smog checks should be strictly emissions based, if my measurements are withing range who gives a rats ace whats routed where, how, or why? It passed the test why should visual matter? Example being if one were to swap the intake and battery on a 22re BOOM, visual inspection fail.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:58 PM

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67740550@N02/8084170175/http://www.flickr.com/photos/67740550@N02/8084170175/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/67740550@N02/, on Flickr

out up in red mountain.

now in johnson valley

Some random fun with some full size friends of mine

Old 10-18-2012, 10:39 PM

Got some killer shots there! I can't wait to offroad mine.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:56 PM

Clean 2 door!! How much did that CB run you, im in that stage of setting up a CB in my "90 PU, and been curious about the in dash CB's.

Also, with those poly bushings. What does it do for the overall quality exactly?
Old 10-21-2012, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by n2o302
Got some killer shots there! I can't wait to offroad mine.
Thank you sir! I have more I just need to collect the photos from my friends and their women lol.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:05 PM

When you get a chance, post some pics in the LIFTED 2nd Gen IFS thread I started.

James
Old 10-21-2012, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by UVRUGBY
Clean 2 door!! How much did that CB run you, im in that stage of setting up a CB in my "90 PU, and been curious about the in dash CB's.

Also, with those poly bushings. What does it do for the overall quality exactly?
As for the CB i blieve it ran me around $60-ish bucks? As for the bushings the poly wont degrade like rubber will, its a little more elastic, softer if you will without being weak. I cant say that poly vs rubber is a better option for ride quality new vs new. but when the time came to replace my cracked dry rotted rubber, i decided to go with the poly, and beyond some fitment issues i had with the rear sway bar i am quite pleased =)
Old 11-04-2012, 06:44 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

Guess who has two thumbs and a manual trans for his conversion!!!! THIS GUY!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

My noble watchdog. By watchdog I mean he hangs out in the truck and picks up chicks with his stunning good looks.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:01 PM

Here u go some of the pics i have of our wheeling trips u can pick the ones u like
http://www.flickr.com/photos/6976956...7632223451089/

Quick Reply: JoRunners 1990 2DOOR 4Runner Build (Pic Heavy)