1994 4runnwr build - YotaTech Forums

86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

1994 4runnwr build

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2017, 08:14 PM   #1

1994 4runnwr build

Hello all sorry for my lack of punctuation in advanced, okay so here is the good she came with a lift here's the bad I have no idea what the lift is and who made it but the lift is running stock A arms so I need new A arms I want an off road rack a light bar I want to do a manual transmission swap eventually a 3.4 swap I want to do halo lights new paint can any of you think of anything else I'm planning of happening this thread as a build progress
87and94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:55 AM   #2
Contributing Member

Sounds like a heck of a project! It's aways fun to see what people come up with for their rigs.
Glad to see you've got your thread going, now it's time to figure out pictures.
habanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:23 AM   #3

Yeah thanks for the help also just realized I put 4runnwr lol should have waited till I was on a computer I'll attach some pictures of her current state!
Old 11-14-2017, 06:46 AM   #4
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87and94 View Post
Yeah thanks for the help also just realized I put 4runnwr lol should have waited till I was on a computer I'll attach some pictures of her current state!
No worries- maybe you can get a mod to change the title and include your screen name + spelling correction. That 'w' always seems to jump in that spot.
PS. So glad I don't have to wash that!
It looks like it's a nice clean truck underneath all that though.

I don't know my 2nd gens at all...it's not a suspension lift, is it? More like a spacer lift? Body lift too? Somebody with actual knowledge might answer that one.

Last edited by habanero; 11-14-2017 at 06:51 AM.
habanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:46 AM   #5

It's suspension and yeah she clean paints faded but there's no dents under her isn't clean
Old 11-16-2017, 07:14 AM   #6

I'm wanting to go to school to be a mechanic be gas and then go diesel I've fixed things before replaced things but I want to do a 3.4 swap and I'm just curious if I should do it my self or have a shop do it
Old 11-16-2017, 09:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87and94 View Post
I'm wanting to go to school to be a mechanic be gas and then go diesel I've fixed things before replaced things but I want to do a 3.4 swap and I'm just curious if I should do it my self or have a shop do it
i started tinkering with vehicles about 13 years ago, no prior experience and no schooling. I messed with my own cars, and did my first engine swap right away. I learn by doing, am mechanically natured, and read alot on forums. The key is to take your time and learn at your speed. These forums are excellent places to learn. Grab a service manual and browse through it, browse the tech section of the forums and read the problems and solutions (if you see a response from rad4runner you are likely to learn something)

i say go for it yourself, just don't do it in your daily driver. Learn as you go. It's how i did it, i went from an oil change tech, to a Honda line mechanic, and now I'm a lead maintenance tech at a production facility with no formal education. I can thank the honda and toyota tech forums and the little bits I've leaned along side seasoned professionals through the years. You can do it too.
92ehatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:03 PM   #8

Oh awesome your an actual like mechanic okay is it something you enjoy I love working on my truck even love doing oil changes and all of that but I'm worried if I did it as a carrier I wouldn't like it as much
Old 11-16-2017, 02:49 PM   #9

I have lost interest in working on my cars to some degree after doing it professionally. That's why my build thread has stalled slightly instead of being finished 6 months ago. That and i work 60 hours a week and have three kids and a wife.
92ehatch is online now   Reply With Quote