84-85 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

csuviper's Junktrk (84 Yota Pickup) Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 07:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the cheep bedliner all painted in the bed of the truck.
Here is the halfway point on cleaning up the paint

Almost Done

Painted the Roll Bar with the spray on bedliner. Looks good.

Took the truck in for emissions this weekend too. Had to put the 33's from my '07 on the back because they didn't take anything larger than 33's. Looks kinda goofy but it worked.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:00 AM

:spy:
Old 08-29-2011, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noice!!
Old 08-30-2011, 09:38 AM

i did the aluminum sheet door panels in my 86 and it is definetally way better than the stock blue ripped door panels i had. ill post some pics tonight when i get home
Old 08-30-2011, 09:55 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Congratz on the PASS! lol. Great rig, great build.... love it!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:29 AM

The invitation still remains for my camping trip this weekend.
As of now there will be 4 of us guys in two cralwers (MadIrish’s 81 and my 84) and possibly a couple in a 2010 Tacoma. MadIrish’s rig actually depends on if he can find a tow rig or a tow package in time.

A couple of friends are meeting me at my house at 5:30am and then we are meeting at MadIrish’s at 6am on Saturday. We should be up to the trail around 8 or 8:30am. After the unloading the 81 and airing down we will be ready to hit the trail around 9am or so. You probably don’t want to follow us up because my truck will be very slow up the mountain with the low gearing and 4cyl. If you are still in, meeting us around 8:30am at the trailhead would be best.

Anyone is welcome to join us for a day of wheeling and fishing or staying for the camping. Meet at the Middle Saint Vrain trailhead at 8:30am. The trailhead is just through the Camp Dick Campground. Google "Camp Dick" to find the location. We will plan to hit the trail around 9:00 to find a camping spot. If you let me know that you will be there I will wait a little for you before hitting the trail. Cell service is very limited up there.

Anyone that comes has to take a ride with MadIrish in his rig. It is such a blast. He definitely knows where the skinny pedal is!
Old 09-01-2011, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by csuviper
The invitation still remains for my camping trip this weekend.
As of now there will be 4 of us guys in two cralwers (MadIrish’s 81 and my 84) and possibly a couple in a 2010 Tacoma. MadIrish’s rig actually depends on if he can find a tow rig or a tow package in time.

A couple of friends are meeting me at my house at 5:30am and then we are meeting at MadIrish’s at 6am on Saturday. We should be up to the trail around 8 or 8:30am. After the unloading the 81 and airing down we will be ready to hit the trail around 9am or so. You probably don’t want to follow us up because my truck will be very slow up the mountain with the low gearing and 4cyl. If you are still in, meeting us around 8:30am at the trailhead would be best.

Anyone is welcome to join us for a day of wheeling and fishing or staying for the camping. Meet at the Middle Saint Vrain trailhead at 8:30am. The trailhead is just through the Camp Dick Campground. Google "Camp Dick" to find the location. We will plan to hit the trail around 9:00 to find a camping spot. If you let me know that you will be there I will wait a little for you before hitting the trail. Cell service is very limited up there.

Anyone that comes has to take a ride with MadIrish in his rig. It is such a blast. He definitely knows where the skinny pedal is!
I think i have seen your taco around longmont. The wheels are making me think so anyways...I live out in firestone and drive a ton so it may not have been in longmont. My GF and i are talking about meeting some guys camping in allenspark someplace to shoot up msv/coney

If you see me up there flag us down.
my rig is in my sig...May be with a 4runner thats been tagged up and has yellow beadlocks.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by vwfastg60
I think i have seen your taco around longmont. The wheels are making me think so anyways...I live out in firestone and drive a ton so it may not have been in longmont. My GF and i are talking about meeting some guys camping in allenspark someplace to shoot up msv/coney

If you see me up there flag us down.
my rig is in my sig...May be with a 4runner thats been tagged up and has yellow beadlocks.
Probably not Longmont, I have only had it out starting this week. Just been driving around the house in westminster about 104th and hwy 36 and to work on Tuesday and today.

That would be awesome to see some other yota guys up there. I will look for you. Keep an eye out for me. Just listen for my friends 81, straight pipes out the hood.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:53 PM

Alright I have a problem with the truck. When the speedometer reaches around 60MPH and im in 4th gear it sometimes cuts out. I loose all power. It sputters some but then looses power and forces me to pull to the side of the highway. Runs great even in 4th at lower speeds but when I am trying to get on it to get up to speed it cuts out. What could be the problem? Im thinking something with vacuum or gas lines. Need to get this fixed before the weekend of wheeling.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:22 PM

Alright I have a problem with the truck. When the speedometer reaches around 60MPH and im in 4th gear it sometimes cuts out. I loose all power. It sputters some but then looses power and forces me to pull to the side of the highway. Runs great even in 4th at lower speeds but when I am trying to get on it to get up to speed it cuts out. What could be the problem? Im thinking something with vacuum or gas lines. Need to get this fixed before the weekend of wheeling.
So not only is it loosing power but it is jerking the truck violently when on the gas. If i let off it goes away. Hit it again and it starts again. If i slow down a little and then hit the gas its fine until i get to that speed again. RPM's seem to be between 3-4 at this point.
What the hell could this be?

Last edited by csuviper; 09-02-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:23 PM

Took the truck out for the first time since I purchased and rebuilt the engine and axle. I hit up the Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats trail. Not the hardest trail but allowed me to get used to the new truck and test its abilities. I had a blast on the trails. Found out that Junktrk is a very capable trail rig. I drove it to the trail and drove it home, no problem.
Here are some of the pics from the trip. Videos to come.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:39 PM

Here are a couple videos from the trip. Next time I will lower the air pressure a little more. Had it at about 15psi, tire flexed well around rocks but was still a little too bouncy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DAh989gtVQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YpBWAPbDGw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x8VlhX_sPE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AudBH9gVDXE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGPiltzd41A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DezYlXllqlA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydIvpOF2WmA
Old 09-05-2011, 09:47 PM

Great Videos man! You must be so stoked! Great work, CSU!
Old 09-24-2011, 08:55 PM

I messed with the carb and timing a little more today. Stalled it out and ran the battery out of juice earlier in the day. Jumped back on it after dinner and got it purrrrrrrring nicely. Ready for a trail run tomorrow morning.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:25 AM

Buying my first house with the wife So excited. In contract now. Close Nov. 28.

Last edited by csuviper; 10-18-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:44 AM

Wooo!! Congrats man. Havin your own place should be nice
Old 10-18-2011, 10:25 AM

Buying my first house with the wife So excited. In contract now. Close Nov. 28.
SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK! BTW, ..... it's even more awesome because, the 28th of November????........IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! hahaha.

Seriously, congratz! Please, take a pic or two with the wife and you out front and inside and stuff, k? We wanna celebrate with ya!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:36 PM

I took my crawler for a ride around the block today. Needs a new battery, has lots of leaks and runs really rough. Have a distributor, cap, rotor and fuel pump on order. Hope to start working on it soon to get it back on the trails.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:33 PM

Having the same power issues. Need help. Now I am certain it is the carb. I just changed out the distributor because I wasn't able to achieve proper timing. Now that it is changed, timing is perfect. The truck idles great.
Now when accelerating very slowly the rpm can ramp up and no loss of power. Accelerating quicker or romping the throttle will cause the loss of power. The engine seams like it is choking. You can hear the air rushing past a restriction.

When the throttle starts to open the lower butterfly valve (drivers side) mechanically the engine will roar back to life. That is if it doesn't die at the restricted part.

Questions:
Is the lower butterfly valve supposed to open sooner than when it is contacted by the throttle linkage at the spring?
Is there a problem with the lower butterfly valve?
Is there a problem with the choke?
What is the problem?

Click the pic to get to the video
Old 03-31-2012, 04:35 PM

I had some issues with the old orings in the venturi's swollen up and restricting flow . It would idle fine and rev up some but then fall on it's face. May be time for a carb rebuild. I just did mine , runs tits now. I like the plates on your truck haha.

Quick Reply: csuviper's Junktrk (84 Yota Pickup) Build