2010+ 4Runner 5th gen 4Runners

2010 4runner question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigtrucknwheels
You'd think they'd eliminate a much slower selling color like the dark red metallic (name??)

Personally, when I get some money, I will be buying an FJC and pay/go it alone to have it converted into a removable top vehicle, painted all black haha. Maybe even a diesel swap.

Imagine how hot the FJ would sell in the following configuration: Diesel engine, solid front axle option, removable hard top, and a front locker in addition to the rear. Offer all that in a striped down no creature comforts true trail edition, and watch people flock...
My Dad likes the Maroon-ish color haha. If they offered what you'd just described I'd take out a loan for that rather than college haha!
Old 07-20-2009, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by BT17R
bigbwb, that's the best info as of a month or so ago. I'll check for updates this week.
Great, I appreciate it. How credible are your sources in terms of the info you posted such as the 6sp auto, lighter weight body & etc.....curious mind I am pumped if some of this holds true!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by jgs9455
Is www.toyota-4runner.org down for everyone else? I like their separate 2010 area.
They switched their server and software @ 9 days ago. It was up again until a few days ago but has now disappeared. Maybe Toyota got POed at them for having such up to date accurate info on the 2010. Maybe Toyota did to them what Honda is doing to AcuraMDX.org and HondaPilot.org

http://hondapilot.org/forums/showthr...threadid=24543

Last edited by Scoobs; 07-20-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigbwb
Great, I appreciate it. How credible are your sources in terms of the info you posted such as the 6sp auto, lighter weight body & etc.....curious mind I am pumped if some of this holds true!
They've been better in the past. The lineup is changing more rapidly than usual, so sometimes a pre-production unit they drive will have +/- content adjustments to fit a price point. I guess we'll see soon.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Found some more info
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
10_4Runner_VOAS_COST_EN.pdf (46.3 KB, 2117 views)
Old 07-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks, Adam. Looks like my TMS friends preliminary info was sketchy, sheesh.

Good to see the Trail Edition carried over with off-road oriented tweaks. Strange a RR locker isn't listed anywhere, it's standard on the '09 Trail Edition.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:14 AM
Contributing Member

T4R.ORG is back up...
Old 07-22-2009, 05:11 AM
Contributing Member

Location: Where it always works if you work it, in Sunny Selinsgrove, PA
nice find!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:18 AM

Thanks, Adam. Looks like my TMS friends preliminary info was sketchy, sheesh.

I was going to say something.......no direct injection, and no 6 speed.

Seems that every "insider" at Toyota is ALWAYS wrong. NEVER beleive what you hear until you see it with your own eyes.

What I'm looking forward to, is the "returns to its roots" concept.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Adam F
I was going to say something.......no direct injection, and no 6 speed.

Seems that every "insider" at Toyota is ALWAYS wrong. NEVER beleive what you hear until you see it with your own eyes.

What I'm looking forward to, is the "returns to its roots" concept.
I had downloaded this recent pdf a week or so ago and was surprised to read the "info" about the Direct Inj. and 6sp auto......hency my curiosity. I think BT17R was fed some inaccurate info.

I think any other major things would have been listed in that pdf.....although the content may vary because its a canadian order form.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:51 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by bigbwb
I had downloaded this recent pdf a week or so ago and was surprised to read the "info" about the Direct Inj. and 6sp auto......hency my curiosity. I think BT17R was fed some inaccurate info.

I think any other major things would have been listed in that pdf.....although the content may vary because its a canadian order form.
I called one TMS exec back to find out what he was talking about. He said he's "not really technical" and may have been off on a detail or two. No kidding. Now I'm wondering what they actually drove!

Guess I'll believe it when I drive it and will have a camera ready.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:30 PM

I called one TMS exec back to find out what he was talking about. He said he's "not really technical" and may have been off on a detail or two. No kidding. Now I'm wondering what they actually drove!

Guess I'll believe it when I drive it and will have a camera ready.
Funny stuff^^^^^^

I can imagine how your conversation went:
BT17R - So are you sure the new 4runner has the following specs.....
TMS exec - now that I think of it, maybe it wasnt a toyota I drove....I dont know what it was, but it was nice

Ha!
Anyway, I do appreciate you posting the info as its forwarded to you, it just proves how hard Toyota tries to keep the details in the dark until they release them on their terms.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Contributing Member

Did you notice that the trail edition has a hood scoop? I think that's the first w/hood scoop and locking diff since the 99/00 highlander editions.
I like that they delete running boards. sliding cargo tray will be really nice. water repellant seat fabric is cool. fuel tank and xfer case armor, I wonder how beefy it will be?
Crawl control, is this a locking rear diff? what is multi-terrain abs/select? looks like it has a built-in inverter with outlets in the front and back, also cool.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:31 PM

I'm interested, but I'm waiting to get excited until I see/drive one.

-Pole antenna=fail... They break, they get bent, they look old, no good.
-I'd like the option of the V8, but I can live with the updated V6 (My V8 was killing me when gas was $4, and I don't really use it to it full potential).
-Limited model you get stuck with the 3rd row, that stinks. The 4Runner is too small for a 3rd row and this is totally silly IMHO. Gimmie a storage compartment over that.
-I don't like that the "Trail" model has the good stuff and the Limited is turned into a street/soccer mom truck. 20" rims? Does anyone even make AT tire in 20? No KDS, come'on. I'm not the off-road king, but I do have a need to take my 4Runner off the road from time to time... I just like nice stuff (leather, etc) and the ability to run over stuff and get off the road from time to time.
-JBL stereo, that thing sucks, they should have found another company.
-I want the Limited with the slide outy thing.
- X-reas, was great until it started leaking.
-Hood scoops are stupid, unless there is a intercooler under them, sorry.

I'm just going by the Canadian spec /pdf, but darn.

Last edited by JGage; 07-23-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by taikowaza
Crawl control, is this a locking rear diff? what is multi-terrain abs/select? .
No, its NOT a locking rear diff. Crawl control, which is already on the new Land Cruiser, basically lets you choose 3 different speed settings, 1-3mph, and it will control your speed and braking. You just have to point it in the right direction.

Multi terrain ABS, also on the new Land Cruiser, basically adjusts the sensitivity of the ABS system to work in different terrain. Sometimes in snow or mud the ABS can be too sensitive, this will adjust accordingly.

Last edited by Adam F; 07-24-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks Adam F. I searched through the PDF and there is no mention of a locking rear differential at all. Not sure how to feel about this, it was something I was hoping for in the trail edition! The 2009 trail-edition has it, why not the new one.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:03 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
I noticed the "crawl control" or something along those lines...I wonder if a locker is included in that?
Old 07-24-2009, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
I noticed the "crawl control" or something along those lines...I wonder if a locker is included in that?
I am not sure if its included but all crawl control is would be a selection of 1-3mph for rock crawling & etc. The LC has it. Basically it controls the throttle and will be like a slow version of cruise control for off roading.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Well whats the point of that? Hammer down!
Old 07-24-2009, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
Did you happen to read 2 posts previous to yours, SUPER moderator?

Quick Reply: 2010 4runner question