Watercraft Boats, personal watercraft, ect

yamaha jet ski

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yamaha jet ski

does anyone know any info on the yamaha jet ski's.

my girlfrinends bosses son has a 1991 yamaha standup jet ski.
she said it was a 650 (engine size) and mentioned the word supercharger/superchaged (one of those)

he is selling it for $400 bucks
im pretty sure this is a good deal, what do you guys think
i have not seen it yet but will next week when he brings it home from bullhead city az. (pretty sure its been run on the river (freshwater) all its life

my question is supercharger just the model name or did they make jet skis with superchargers? all i have found online is the model name super jet, but nothing on supercharger.

it was suppoesedly the top of the line jet ski in 1991 when the guy bought it.

any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:40 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, here's your first response and it's off topic already. Hopefully Woodbert will chime in, he's a jet ski buff. Or does he jet ski in the buff? One or the other.

Anyway, Woody awhile back you wrote about a three hour enduro you were training for, I think. How did that go? I remember wondering how anyone could stay on a jet ski for three hours, being pounded to bits in the Surf (just to add a Toyota angle there), with no food or water. Ah well, I wasn't a Marine, either!
Old 07-02-2003, 06:36 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by BT17R
Well, here's your first response and it's off topic already. Hopefully Woodbert will chime in, he's a jet ski buff. Or does he jet ski in the buff? One or the other.

Old 07-02-2003, 09:41 AM

sup jeff! sounds cool. cant wait to see ur new ski. we deff gotta go out local. too bad i couldnt go to the river last weekend. oh well. i havent seen all u guys for so freakin long! ...everythings so bz these days for me and wearing me out.... so i go home and sleep hahaha.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:56 PM
Contributing Member

I have never seen a stand-up jetski with a S/C. It could be an aftermarket part...

Anyways, check the prop and make sure that it has not been snacking on some rocks, check the compression, and visually inspect the carb, handles, and foot pad. Other than that, I think it is a good price.
Old 07-02-2003, 05:45 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by BT17R

Anyway, Woody awhile back you wrote about a three hour enduro you were training for, I think. How did that go? I remember wondering how anyone could stay on a jet ski for three hours, being pounded to bits in the Surf (just to add a Toyota angle there), with no food or water. Ah well, I wasn't a Marine, either!
Jet Ski in the buff... THAT would be a REAL endurance test(icle) test. I wear swim trunks AND Neoprene shorts and still get a sore since I ride only in the ocean.

The next race should be later this month and your allowed a three man team so it's not all on one person. Some guys use only two but it is just to punishing and exhausting.

Now, back to the question- I've not heard of a model that early with an S/C but anything is possible. Stand-ups are not really my thing and Yamaha is not either. SLC's recommendations are good things to look for. You might also want to look into www.watercraft.com. I get the magazine and they have a fairly active board where you could ask about the 91 Yamahammers.