Motorcycles Motorcycles of any kind including ATVs

my motorcycle project

Old 04-28-2011, 04:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
my motorcycle project

well another thread in here made me want to post up some pictures of some work im doing to my 83 Honda gold wing 1100 interstate.

this bike i got about 4-5 years ago been riding it ever sense. in that time the only mechanical problem iv had with the bike is the starter relay other than that just breaks oil changes and tune ups fires up every spring with no problem.

when i bought it, it was wrecked front fairing was trashed which is fine because i don't like full dress bikes anywise. front forks were bent bars were bent and rim was bent.

here is shortly after i got it back into riding condition.

i have never liked the baby blue color i also want a lower profile seat as well as clean up a few things on it every winter i kept saying i was going to tear it apart and re-paint it, year after year i never did, so finaly this last fall i tore it apart winter set in and the project got put on the back burner now its spring and time to ride again and im trying to get it put back together in what little free time i have. this is what iv gotten so far

got the front fender painted and re installed

tank body worked (luggage rack removed and de-badged everything filled in) set it on the bike for some pics

side covers de-badged filled and painted reshaping of the seat started

tank painted and mounted

Old 04-28-2011, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking good! I starting building a XS650 street tracker this past winter...haven't gotten to far but been thinking about working on it again
Old 04-28-2011, 04:41 PM

Received 301 Likes on 207 Posts
This is sick. I like it!!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:13 PM

some day i may chop it and go full custom with it but with riding season bake upon us the main goal at the moment is to get it put back together, i would go nuts one season without riding. i really like the gold wing motor for its power/reliability, this bike really moves with all the weight removed. i think im going to run without a rear fender for a while and just throw some lights on somehow while i build a new rear fender. im gonna run without bags, i took them off last season after i lost one of the covers at 80mph on the interstate (the latches didn't hold very good because the rubber seals on the inside were shot) if i go back to having saddle bags on it later ill get some leather bags. im thinking about buying a single axle trailer fender narrowing it and building some side skirts for the fender so it wraps around the rear tire. we will see what i come up with as time goes on. i want to add some one off things to this bike. as it is most people don't recognize it as being a gold wing at first glance. but i want to make it even less gold wing and more mine if you know what i mean.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:03 PM

got some more work done on it today, trying to get it in a condition to ride before i leave in a couple days so i can load it up in the truck and take it with me

the material i used to cover the seat is just temporary till i get some leather, i used a old thermal shirt for now.

all iv got left to do before i can ride it is the rear lights, oil change and replace a melted electrical connection for the stator.

the stuff i have left to do wasn't enough to keep me from taking it around the block today though, still runs great

im thinking some cab marker lights for turn signals

maybe a old school round trailer light for the tail light

Old 05-07-2011, 07:18 PM

this is how my bike was setup when i got it, (not my bike in the photo) but it was just like this one

Old 05-08-2011, 03:45 PM