3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

Rayl82's 3.4 swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a 3.4 sticker made for the tail gate to replace the 3.0, If anyone is interedted, PM me, I got a couple extras.

Here is some Crappy pics..

Old 09-01-2018, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring help

Originally Posted by Jason4X4
well, here's another. We are doing this at my house, so I am writing it up. Been researching for quite some time, and all the moons finally aligned(or so we thought). Got up this morning to some light sprinkle, so we got started.

Had that 3.slow out in 1 hour!!

Had to do some welding while the engine was out, and transfered the mounts and oil sender over. We got the t-belt done and the clutch on during the week.

I took the factory exhaust crossover pipe and chooped it up, and flipped it so that it comes out on the drivers side, had a total of about 2 hours into it, and $3.00. I took a ton of pictures and will do a write up on it if you all want one, I just didn't want to post pics until I knew that it fit, and we got that 3.4 set in place, and the pipe clears perfectly, and fits awesome.

Anyway, we went and got lunch, and had to go back to his house, since he didn't bring the rest of the parts over. When we got back, it was raining harder, and it never quit. got the trans all hooked up, the p/s hose, the heater hoses, those were kinda tricky with the rear heater, but I was able to use all existing hoses. Then it started getting late, and the rain wasn't gonna stop, so I came inside and started looking at wiring diagrams.

I was originally gonna re-pin the connectors for the dash harness, but the pins are different size, so I guess I am gonna have to cut and solder. that will probably take up the most time tomorrow. I am gonna go to work and see about some more wiring diagrams, the one I have shows an EGR, and the harness doesn't have any plugs for one. Also the engine came from an auto, and it has a 4 wire TPS on it, and the manual trans harness and ecu that we got is a 3 wire, so I thought, no biggie, we got a TPS for the harness, and it was a 3 wire pulled the 4 wire tps off, and we would have to change the throttle body to put the 3 wire TPS on it. So I think I am gonna just use the 3 wires that I need on the TPS, and see if I can get a wiring diagram that shows the 4 wire TPS, and find out what it is for. My diagrams that I have don't show a 4 wire, only the 3. But I was ohming both TPS, and I think the 4th wire must be some on off switch or something, because the 3 wires that match seem to both do the same thing on both of them, if that makes any sense.

So, the plan is to throw the belts on tomorrow put the radiator back in, and get the wiring done and go for a test drive.
i need massive help my wiring is starting to kick my ass I have a 88 runner 3 slow just out 98 3.4 outta taco have it running but can’t figure out the rest what wires go where and what not (truck runs like a pile of ˟˟˟˟)