Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

los angeles area: rowher flats sat 3/7

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 10:01 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
los angeles area: rowher flats sat 3/7

i know this is short notice, but this thought came up tonight... just wondering if anyone around LA is intersted in going to rowher flats this saturday. nothing big, nothing formal, just a little saturday afternoon wheelin.

rowher flats in in santa clarita. take the 14 north, exit sand canyon. left on sand canyon. then a couple miles up, right on sierra highway, and you'll see a rowher flats sign on the left, go left there.

i'm expecting some front swaybar disconnects soon , i hope to test them out there.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:27 PM
Contributing Member

u still going? I might be interested but I gotta be back in LA (specifically San Gabriel Valley area) by around 5pm...
Old 03-03-2004, 02:52 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by calrockx
i know this is short notice, but this thought came up tonight... just wondering if anyone around LA is intersted in going to rowher flats this saturday. nothing big, nothing formal, just a little saturday afternoon wheelin.

rowher flats in in santa clarita. take the 14 north, exit sand canyon. left on sand canyon. then a couple miles up, right on sierra highway, and you'll see a rowher flats sign on the left, go left there.

i'm expecting some front swaybar disconnects soon , i hope to test them out there.
Just saw this Charles...
I would kind of like to go, but last time was on the 1st Saturday of the month too! Well, I have a men's group that meets in the morning on that 1st Saturday. Dana and I have been trying to get on our bikes for about 3 weeks now. I will talk with her and see what she wants to do.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:55 PM

i'm interested. how difficult is the trail??? what time are you guys meeting?
Old 03-03-2004, 06:47 PM
Contributing Member

hm. well how about 10? if that doesn't work, post what will.
i was hoping to hit some challenging trails. check out the map of rowher flats on my website: here. i want to hit the rowher trail. i did this a couple weeks ago and it seemed fairly easy, at least manageable without a locker. but i had to leave early and missed some of the harder parts. we can most likely get though the trails in 3-4 hours.

i think if you have some good offroad tires you'll be fine really. tho sliders and lift, etc will be handy as well. skyrat can give testimony of the difficult time to be had with street tires at rowher.

brucets i know you got there later, but if you have any suggestions on where to go, let's hear em.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:16 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by calrockx
hm. well how about 10? if that doesn't work, post what will.
i was hoping to hit some challenging trails. check out the map of rowher flats on my website: here. i want to hit the rowher trail. i did this a couple weeks ago and it seemed fairly easy, at least manageable without a locker. but i had to leave early and missed some of the harder parts. we can most likely get though the trails in 3-4 hours.

i think if you have some good offroad tires you'll be fine really. tho sliders and lift, etc will be handy as well. skyrat can give testimony of the difficult time to be had with street tires at rowher.

brucets i know you got there later, but if you have any suggestions on where to go, let's hear em.
The only part of Rowher I have been on is the ridge route (Sierra Pelona Road-Trail #17 on "your" map). It was easy. Just a fire road. I have never been on Rowher Trail with my truck.

I will not be making it this Saturday. I am going Mountain Bike Riding after my morning meeting.

Have fun and let me know how you all did!!
Old 03-05-2004, 09:19 AM
Contributing Member

Ditto here, I can't make it... Gotta do some repairs on the truck and my gf's car..
Old 03-05-2004, 09:30 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by SkyRat
The only part of Rowher I have been on is the ridge route (Sierra Pelona Road-Trail #17 on "your" map). It was easy. Just a fire road. I have never been on Rowher Trail with my truck.

I will not be making it this Saturday. I am going Mountain Bike Riding after my morning meeting.

Have fun and let me know how you all did!!
yes, the map did originally come from your trail book george.
tis cool everyone. not sure if i'm still going. maybe. maybe not. maybe we can get something going another time.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Contributing Member

don't forget the SD trip in 2 weeks!
Old 03-05-2004, 03:28 PM

anyone still going???