Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

CO4RJ (Colorado 4Runner Jamboree) 2009!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CO4RJ (Colorado 4Runner Jamboree) 2009!

When: July 31st, August 1st, and August 2nd, 2009
Where: Buena Vista, Colorado
Who: All Toyota makes and models
Why: To get out and 4wheeling with other Toyota enthusiasts!

Last year's event was very successful and had a great showing of Toyota enthusiasts (probably 30-40 rigs). We also donated $233 (Addicted Off Road Bumper raffle) to Stay the Trail, a local non-profit off-road organization commented to keeping our trails open.

Camping Location: National Forest area of Fourmile, just east of Buena Vista.

If possible, please bring some firewood!

Trails around the BV area
Boulder Mountain
BV Carnage
Chinaman Gulch
Grizzly Lake
Holy Cross
Iron Chest
Minesweeper
Mount Antero
Mount Princeton
Pomeroy Lakes
Tincup Pass
Williams Pass
Wheeler Lake

Raffle: 1 set of Goodyear MT/R's, your choice in size! Donated by Goodyear!

Possibly something from Scotty at Addicted Off Road

Tickets will cost $1/ticket and all proceeds will be donated to Stay the Trail!

Link to last year's event
Old 01-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds great! Count me in on Holy Cross (to french creek anyway), Chinamans, Iron Chest, Grizzly lake or Wheeler lake.

The RSVP thing isn't working for some reason.

Last edited by mt_goat; 01-22-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:42 AM

I'll do my best to be there this year!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:56 AM

I think I could make it. I don't think I would be able to get up there to res. the site again though. Enough people know where it is, shouldn't be to much of a prob. Had a blast last year, and came home with an extra part too!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:14 AM

I will put it on the schedule!
Last year was a blast and I'm looking forward to it again.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I tried to put myself as maybe, but it gave me some security error. Have to make the call as we get closer.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:29 AM

I figured I'd get the dates out early so people can put them down on their calendars, take vacation time off from work, etc..... Weird that the RSVP isn't working, I'll PM somebody about that.

I'm looking forward to the CO4RJ again this year. Camping and wheeling are 2 of my favorite outdoor activities. Hopefully I get to wheel on that third day this year rather than messing around with bent rear axle housings and how to get 2 broken rigs home on one trailer (just kidding CUbuff4Runner).

I'd like to repeat my trail list from last year - Holy Cross on Friday, BV Carnage on Saturday, and Chinamans on Sunday. Maybe add a night run on Saturday night!

Post up any ideas or suggestions you have about the Jambo!
Old 01-22-2009, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Volcom
I'm looking forward to the CO4RJ again this year. Camping and wheeling are 2 of my favorite outdoor activities. Hopefully I get to wheel on that third day this year rather than messing around with bent rear axle housings and how to get 2 broken rigs home on one trailer (just kidding CUbuff4Runner).
I just have to talk Jeff into building a new rig so he doesn't bend any more axles(and I'll buy his 4runner).
Old 01-22-2009, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by 4runner Freak
I just have to talk Jeff into building a new rig so he doesn't bend any more axles(and I'll buy his 4runner).

I'm definately in. I would love to run Holy Cross & Carnage Again.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:06 PM

I'll be watching the dates for this
Old 01-22-2009, 07:50 PM

YES!! I am way excited to go to the Jambo again. I had a blast last year. Hopefully I will be running carnage with the big boys.. as long as I get some cash for some mods
Old 01-22-2009, 09:33 PM

I figured I'd get the dates out early so people can put them down on their calendars, take vacation time off from work, etc..... Weird that the RSVP isn't working, I'll PM somebody about that.

I'd like to repeat my trail list from last year - Holy Cross on Friday, BV Carnage on Saturday, and Chinamans on Sunday. Maybe add a night run on Saturday night!

Post up any ideas or suggestions you have about the Jambo!
I'm in

I have no plans of driving Carnage in the Turbo 4Runner, but if you have an open seat I'll ride with you. I could park the 4Runner up at the exit and we could run Chinaman's after Carnage on Saturday night.

The camp site last year worked out really good. There is some camping area's around the Chinaman's /Carnage trailhead area, but I don't know how big the area is. It would be a cool spot for night wheeling

As always, I look forward to wheeling with everyone again!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by cubuff4runner

I'm definately in. I would love to run Holy Cross & Carnage Again.
I already counted you as going Let's also get a Chinamans run in this year!

Originally Posted by Vermejo
I'll be watching the dates for this
Nice, I missed your last time when you ran Chinamans!

Originally Posted by jarboarder1
YES!! I am way excited to go to the Jambo again. I had a blast last year. Hopefully I will be running carnage with the big boys.. as long as I get some cash for some mods
Yup, save that $$$ and we'll see you on Carnage with some new custom sheetmetal work

Originally Posted by DIRTCO
I'm in

I have no plans of driving Carnage in the Turbo 4Runner, but if you have an open seat I'll ride with you. I could park the 4Runner up at the exit and we could run Chinaman's after Carnage on Saturday night.

The camp site last year worked out really good. There is some camping area's around the Chinaman's /Carnage trailhead area, but I don't know how big the area is. It would be a cool spot for night wheeling

As always, I look forward to wheeling with everyone again!
I counted you already in as well! I didn't expect you to drag the Turbo up Carnage, you'll always welcome to hop a ride. I'd really like to run Chinamans at night, baja style Tell your buddy Cory and Tim about the event, I send you and Cory an email but I don't know if he checked his account.

Remind me when it gets closer, I still owe you some beer
Old 01-23-2009, 12:01 PM

As of so far, I'm in! Last year was good times.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Contributing Member

Weird. I am looking into the security error!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:23 PM

Anything in CO rocks (no pun intended). I've never done trails in this neck of the nape. My rig (just picked up a '97 4R) isn't very far along. If there's some less-than-aggro trails, I'm in. Hell, I've done enough other stuff in CO I might just plan a few notso-aggro trail runs for the newbs.

STICK
Old 01-28-2009, 04:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SharpStick
Anything in CO rocks (no pun intended). I've never done trails in this neck of the nape. My rig (just picked up a '97 4R) isn't very far along. If there's some less-than-aggro trails, I'm in. Hell, I've done enough other stuff in CO I might just plan a few notso-aggro trail runs for the newbs.

STICK
That'd be nice haha. Not sure of any of the trails with my truck and being a newb but I'd definitely be up for riding with someone if they didn't mind an extra body? Colorado is my home so I have no problem coming down, even just for the camping
Old 01-28-2009, 08:43 AM

Thanks for the invite. Scott from Addicted tried to get me to come last year, but I was in Ohio. Hopefully I'll be able to make it this year. I love Buena Vista!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by SharpStick
My rig (just picked up a '97 4R) isn't very far along. If there's some less-than-aggro trails, I'm in. Hell, I've done enough other stuff in CO I might just plan a few notso-aggro trail runs for the newbs.

STICK
There are quite a few trails that stockers would have no problem on (Boulder Mountain, Mount Antero, Mount Princeton, Tincup Pass). We had several rigs that were stock or mildly mod'ed that attended.

Originally Posted by nosfanatic2006
That'd be nice haha. Not sure of any of the trails with my truck and being a newb but I'd definitely be up for riding with someone if they didn't mind an extra body? Colorado is my home so I have no problem coming down, even just for the camping
You'd be fine in your truck, you and STICK could head up the stockers

Originally Posted by JGrund85
Thanks for the invite. Scott from Addicted tried to get me to come last year, but I was in Ohio. Hopefully I'll be able to make it this year. I love Buena Vista!
No problem! Hope you can make it this year. I love the BV area as well. Tons of outdoor activities all in a quiet part of the state.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:16 AM

You'd be fine in your truck, you and STICK could head up the stockers .
Yes!!! Then I'll be there

Quick Reply: CO4RJ (Colorado 4Runner Jamboree) 2009!