Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Any Oregon offroaders?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That'll be awesome when you get it done you will probably want lower gears with the 35in tires though the pop tops are awesome and the longer springs should give you a longer wheel base awesome for crawlin
Old 01-04-2011, 10:00 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chosenchange
I would like to go shackles n 63 chevys n the rear with a rear axle out of a 92 runner welded. 4 inch springs in the front with hoops n new shocks all around. I am rebuilding the knuckles now and working on saving for new 30 spline chromolys. 2 bl and 35s. N a rebuilt engine. I think this is achievable by about feb of next year. I cant only put about 2-300 a month on it now. My wife says I cheat on her with my truck. I take it on dates and spend money on it and even brag to my friends about it. haha I guess looking at that she may be right!!
let me know if you need any 22r/re parts, Ive got quite a few and also have some good sorces for more....
Old 01-04-2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by --rob--
That'll be awesome when you get it done you will probably want lower gears with the 35in tires though the pop tops are awesome and the longer springs should give you a longer wheel base awesome for crawlin
Think I should go with different gearing before welding the rear end of the early 90s runner?? What gears come stock in these runners do you happen to know? I cant wait to at least get this up to solid crawler then the fun starts!! I would like to build up a small trailer for camping I want to tackle the Oregon Back Country Discovery Route. I want to do a two week wheel n camp from cali to washington touching very little pavement around june of next year!!

Originally Posted by OrRunner
let me know if you need any 22r/re parts, Ive got quite a few and also have some good sorces for more....
I will be needing all of that probably sooner then later!! I need to go fully rebuilt that is the only thing I have never really done is messed with all the innards of an engine. I would like to try but I want to get a solid engine in it that I can trust and not one I built yet. Know any one with a low mileage 22r sitting? If you can find one under a grand I would be interested for sure!!
Old 01-04-2011, 03:40 PM

Any one interested in 92 runner with no rear end or tires n rims?? 175 bucks tranny is good engine has burnt valves from what I can tell all the body looks to b ok? If you are interested I can get pics this weekend!!
Old 01-04-2011, 03:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm the most out there I think. I'm over in Redmond but head over to the valley quite often id be up for gettin' together and hittin' some trails.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:03 PM

Any one interested in 92 runner with no rear end or tires n rims?? 175 bucks tranny is good engine has burnt valves from what I can tell all the body looks to b ok? If you are interested I can get pics this weekend!!
what motor and only 175 bucks id like to see picks and is it a 5 speed?
Old 01-04-2011, 04:07 PM

I believe its an auto and it has the 3vze engine in it. You would have to trailer it away as it will not be drivable obviously with a bad engine no rear axle and no tires. But for 175 that seems like a steal I will have pics this weekend as it is in cave junction at a friends house and wont be back out there till this weekend.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:08 PM

I lived in redmond for a little while what a nice area. I like the high mountain country up there. Yea post when your coming to town I am sure some one will be down to ride some trails!!
Old 01-04-2011, 05:58 PM

If it's a v 6 auto you need to check as im pretty sure it should have 4 56 gears but I've never had one to check if so you will have to re gear the front to match because almost all stock gears are 4 11s and will ruin your 4wd with the different ratios if you have any questions let me know I've done a ton of work and research on the toyotas ha
Old 01-04-2011, 06:03 PM

I lived in redmond for a little while what a nice area. I like the high mountain country up there. Yea post when your coming to town I am sure some one will be down to ride some trails!!
I actually bought my truck in Redmond ha we ought to try and get a big run together sometime
Old 01-04-2011, 06:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea for sure last time i was up that way i had the thought that i shoulda seen if anyone wanted to hit some trails course then my mass air flow meter went on me in Newport then head and head gasket issues, i haven't been brave enough to venture too far from home since lol
Old 01-04-2011, 06:28 PM

Yeah if it was auto it will have lower gears.
but on the bright side 4.56's should be alright for 35's!
Yeah if you need a hand or extra tools gimme a shout. Considering i live
in medford.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:43 PM

yeah i believe 5 29s are back to stock with 35s but 4 88s are supposed to be very close if your really lookin to crawl the double transfer case is the way to go a buddy of mine has that setup and its all the gear youll ever need with 38s two stock cases and 5 71s. the 4 70 gears for the transfercase are pretty awesome too but you wont be goin over 20 in low range ha
Old 01-04-2011, 06:51 PM

Yeah not even close hahaha. but there is a guy on here that runs 37's and 4:88's and loves it. he's got a siiiiiiiick 4runner. Red one i believe. But i ran 4.10's on 35's for a long time and it really isn't as bad as everyone says. Granted it was better with 5.29s but with 4.10s i could do 70 on the freeway.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:01 PM

yeah here in glendale i cant get away with that cause i gotta go over 3 big mountains just to get to grants pass id be runnin 2nd gear over the hills with 35s prolly lol but mine is a factory auto tranny with the 4cyl efi so it has 4 30 gears i just got all the parts i need to put my 5 speed in so im pretty stoked about startin that project
Old 01-04-2011, 07:04 PM

oh yeah. That should be a fun project. Its just been too cold to work without a heated shop hahaha. up hill is never the greatest in toyota's.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:08 PM

Yeah I know all I have is one of those tarP Car ports and it's still got snow around it lol but it does ok with 32s and the auto I hope to go to 33s when I get my taxes back
Old 01-05-2011, 05:52 PM

i have to admit that i am jealous of the tarp car port. I have nothing I have to find a garage to do work in and thats a pain in the ass. So its a stick in the 92 runner is that mean the gearing will be different? I am glad to have a stock stick and i hope to build up a 22r that will still push 35s up a hill. I am not sure its possible but bored .20 or .40 with an rv cam, header and weber carb might??!!??
Old 01-05-2011, 06:11 PM

i had a 38 weber. headman header, bored .30 over and a redline cam and still didn't push 35's
up hill as well as i'd like. Much better than stock though. Better off gearing than building an engine. It should be the same. You should double check though def.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:15 PM

Yes the 5 speed came with 4 11 gears which will match your project runner and yea The yellow truck in my pics was .20 over with header webber and rv cam it ran great my grandpa has a 22r with 20r head bored .40 over with header and webber runs great but all our trucks only pull 3rd on the big hills with 32 inch tires at 50mph pushin 3800 rpms give or get 35s would prolly be better less rpms for same speed if your ok with running 3rd gear If I were you I would just do that first drive and see if you like it and if you don't you can always gear down later

Quick Reply: Any Oregon offroaders?