Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Any Oregon offroaders?

Old 12-20-2010, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am in portland oregon, go to browns camp everyonce and a while and sand lake. going to rubicon this summer.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:46 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Birdbrain
he said off roaders!
wow you enjoy being a prick ?
Old 12-21-2010, 11:11 AM

Forest Grove
Only 30 minutes from browns camp
Old 12-25-2010, 06:16 PM

I live in Talent, just outside medford.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:38 AM

im looking for fellow toyota people in medford who like to drink smoke n wrench on their car. wait maybe not in that order though hhaahaha cause then who knows how much gets done!! took my truck out to white city ponds thats kinda fun but it sure as hell is not a challenging trail. front axle rebuild kit and bearings in the mail now n high steer next some one like to work on them too??
Old 12-26-2010, 09:44 AM

How weird i just happen to live in medford as well!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:40 PM

that is a wheeler boredoutnjackedup. where do you take that out round here? Do you have a locker?
Old 12-26-2010, 09:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I live out here in Deschutes county. More places to wheel out here than you can imagine. Most of my wheeling is hunting related. I guess I need a reason to drive up a nasty trail. LOL
Old 12-27-2010, 09:08 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Im out here in medford as well, go up wasson cayon a bit, and out wagner creek an applegate. I will post up when we hit our next run....
Old 12-27-2010, 04:55 PM

I actually just got rid of the rig in my avatar. and haven't changed it.
But i've gone out around here like wagner, lake creek ... so on.
But i used to go to the ponds all the time. conquered everything out there in my old yoter.
including driving it through the middle of the big pond!
I'm currently starting on my new 91.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:42 PM

yeah i was out there on christmas in the ponds. I didnt challenge the big ponds though my boy so ohhhh god dad I dont want to have to get out right here as I was boggin down through the side of the big one near the bathrooms. hahaha gotta get them into it young. I ran that before i swapped out my carb out runs better now. I also go the whole front end rebuild kit in the mail from marlin. I will be doing toyospearos axle work in the next week or so. 1991 why the switch??
Old 12-28-2010, 06:07 PM

the 83 had no heater. And was ridin hard and put away wet, a lot. and i wanted fuel injection and it just fell into my lap. Yeah if i didnt have my snorkel i wouldn't have made it i was fording water up to about the windshield. (the one by the B-rooms)
But i'm gonna start on this one as soon as better weather comes to work in. i'll do Bj spacers a rear lock rite and 33's. i love those 4runners btw!
Old 12-28-2010, 07:44 PM

yeah I need a new heater core or maybe rewire it and see if it works but right now I only have cold n high to keep the inside fog away. I traded my 94 runner for this one. I had rebuilt the front end a few times and spun those damn cv drive axles a few times and it had the add system which flat sucks I think. I did find out that if you take the bolts (out of the diff that connect the drive axles) and file them down it makes cv axle swap on the trail easier much much easier!! I really wanted a straight axle and a 22r not the 3. slow which do suck as bad as they say!! least I think not starting that fight in here though.
Attached Thumbnails Any Oregon offroaders?-4runnerdarkfront.jpg   Any Oregon offroaders?-4runnerdarkside.jpg  
Old 12-29-2010, 04:23 PM

Yeah i probably would've traded. i love the pop tops.
I dont do as much trail runs as i used to. so ifs will be alright for awhile.
Yeah i've never heard good things about the 3.o
But i've met a few guys from around here that are on yotatech.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:11 AM

I have an 85 e cab efi straight axle with an aussie locker rufs and 90 style springs with double shackle it wheels pretty good I'd be willing to drive down to Medford if you guys have some cool trails down there I'll try and post some current pics of my rig on my profile
Old 01-03-2011, 06:50 PM

glendale near grants pass right?? Well u are a few steps ahead of me. I have only owned mine for a few months and just started the rebuild process. I only have a three inch lift and need to rebuild the front end and get a new engine in it. I have blocks in the rear and am working on 63 inch springs in the back with a 94 rear that will be welded. Keep up though I want to meet as many people who like toyotas as I can cause all my friends right now dont really wheel so I need to extend the circle. I will be more then capable by fall of this year and will have three grand to put in next feb.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:50 PM

Yeah we have a really cool group of guys that wheel around here most all toyota guys and a couple jeeps I'm about 25 miles north of gp I still have a lot of work I wanna do to mine it's basically an unending project lol with three grand you could probably set your rig up really nice and still have money to spare unless you do a trail gear or all pro suspension ha if you need anything let me know I might be able to help ya out
Old 01-03-2011, 07:59 PM

north eastern oregon 30 miles north of pendleton. Love to wheel in the snow thats about all thats here.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:11 PM

I spent a ton of money building up my 94 runner and moved back to medford and got it impounded. Medford police (known for being nice of course) seemed to stalk me after I bailed it out and had to get rid of it errrr. Found a dude who wanted to trade the 84 for it. Though initially he got a better deal I really wanted a pop top runner with a straight axle n 22r. I will be working on this as hard as I can to get her done for the fall season as I want to explore in the snow n mud round here.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:16 PM

I would like to go shackles n 63 chevys n the rear with a rear axle out of a 92 runner welded. 4 inch springs in the front with hoops n new shocks all around. I am rebuilding the knuckles now and working on saving for new 30 spline chromolys. 2 bl and 35s. N a rebuilt engine. I think this is achievable by about feb of next year. I cant only put about 2-300 a month on it now. My wife says I cheat on her with my truck. I take it on dates and spend money on it and even brag to my friends about it. haha I guess looking at that she may be right!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any Oregon offroaders?