Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

2009 Pismo Jamboree

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 09:31 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just checked reserveamerica and it says there are still 900+ camping passes left for those dates.

I would get a reservation just to be on the safe side. More than likely they won't sell out that weekend but you never know. Last year there was a motorcycle race the same weekend and a couple guys could only get day passes.

Also getting reservations now helps with your cash flow when it comes time to play since you already have the campground paid for.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:39 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
Yea last year around the beginning of august I reserved a campsite, Im going to do it again soon..

Old 08-15-2009, 04:05 PM

alright cool thanks
Old 08-19-2009, 08:31 PM

newbie...can i hang with my stock 88 4runner? used to be a sandlander, now a highlander....
Old 08-19-2009, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by conigirl
newbie...can i hang with my stock 88 4runner?
Yes, Stock trucks do fine out there so long as your 4x4 is in working order

Originally Posted by conigirl
used to be a sandlander, now a highlander....
Please repeat that, in english..?

Old 08-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Contributing Member

haha, scuba, it means she used to live down here but now lives up in the Sierras. Oakhurst is up near the Yosemite entrance.

conigirl, yes a stock runner does great out there once the tires are aired down. Heck my 89 toy van does great out there aired down and even 2wd's can do good out there. That's what makes it so cool out there, you can have fun in just about anything you drive.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:59 PM

After getting stuck at camp .....
I would be scared to get into the dunes without 4

But to each their own..

Thanks for the clarification Chris.
Ill be requesting the Jambo off as soon as I get back from BB this sunday

Oh, Just checked the site, hilift and FOA donated, thats badass.
Guess ill actually be buying tix this year

Old 08-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Contributing Member

My wife says she's taking me to Pismo for my birthday. I'm thinking this weekend will be perfect. I'll RSVP when I know for sure. See you all there.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:05 PM

hahhahehehe 4 the translation....i never drove on the beach when i lived there...just walked in with the dog...4WD is good...got some snow last few years up here in the "highland"..never did the sand and am kinda excited to try...i am 99%sure i am off that weekend gotta work on some logistics and i will sign up if it can all come together k?
Old 08-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Contributing Member

maltese4runner and conigirl, I'll go ahead and put you on the list (more incentive to make it LOL), and if your plans don't pan out, just let me know and I can take ya off the list.

Wait, your both in Oakhurst?

conigirl, I was the same way, I had never driven out there at all while growing up here. I did used to go clamming out there with my grandpa though. I didn't drive out there till after I came back from being in the Marines. Not sure why I never went out there. LOL

Last edited by slosurfer; 08-19-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:22 AM

okok sign me up! i will also take 2 bowls of the fab chowda..i will go to store/shopping cart too
sooo i was thinking... you want me to bring bonfire wood?
fair warning:bringing a teenager with a driving permit! lol...
oh yea what exactly is a "tire deflator" ? (from the list posted..) oh totally newb...i know but how much air needs to go out and can it wait until arriving at campsite since sand is pretty well packed down on the "road" to campsite?
those bringing dogs...the rangers are very strict about leashes so i bring about a 30 ft one along with a shorty one..

Last edited by conigirl; 08-20-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:27 AM

Uh oh, Teens with permits

If you can bring wood for the camp fire that would be great, the more the betta

Tire deflators

You can use the backside of a pen

As long as your in 4 you should be fine without airing down until camp..

Old 08-20-2009, 12:07 PM

thanks...pen or finger nail...lol....i will stop by and pick some up...
Old 08-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Contributing Member

conigirl, I'll get you on there tonight. Yeah, all you need to deflate is a pen, key, fingernail, etc... If you are going to pick anything up, I'd pick up a good tire gauge. Who knows maybe you'll win a set of deflators at the raffle. Either way a good gauge is priceless, for airing down and then at the gas station when airing back up. The inline ones on the gas station hoses are not usually very accurate at all.

Bring wood, that would be great! Just make sure no nails, staples, etc.. and no pressboard, stained, laquered, etc... (that stuff is bad to burn).
Old 08-21-2009, 09:31 AM

pluuease...i am a highlander now.... bringing the good oak stuff stacked upside my house of course! and coming "topless" thanks to inspiration from "maltese" and his girl lizzy....
hey also i am getting kicked off the "store" when i try to buy stuff..is it my computer or have you heard of any others having this problem?

clamming...ah the old days...i have pics of my parents clamming at pismo in the late 50's or early 60's..priceless...

Last edited by conigirl; 08-21-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Contributing Member

Awesome, love the oak! Makes we want to bring a tri-tip to bbq.

I've heard the clams are slowly coming back, but it is extremely rare to find one big enough to qualify as a legal "keeper". I'm extremely lucky that I got to do that when I was younger (now I'm starting to feel old )

That's weird about the website store. I'll double check with Lance. Maybe that's why the low numbers so far through there. LOL Sending you a PM about it now.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Contributing Member

Dan_in_ag, sweet! I'll get you added today! Looks like we may get to 90 before the weekend is done.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Contributing Member

############################## Update #########################################

Here are a few important updates on the event.

1. Event Store- The tshirts, stickers (2008 and 2009), Splash Cafe clam chowder bread bowls, and chowder bowls are all available in the Event Store. The clam chowder definately needs to be preordered by you, otherwise you probably won't get any unless someone is a no show. To insure you get a tshirt or sticker, those should also be preordered, although we do plan on having a few for sale at the event. You do not have to pay through paypal or use a credit card to order, there is the option to select "Bank check, money order, other" during your checkout if you prefer to pay us that way at the event. This will get your order in and then you can pay and pick up your order at the event. If you do this, be sure to go through the whole checkout procedure and get your confirmation email of your order, this insures that we got it.

2. Attendee List- We are at 89 vehicles at this moment!!!! If you or any of your friends are planning on going but haven't got on the Attendee List, then please post up here or pm me so I can have Lance add you to the list. We are trying to keep an accurate list of who is coming, this is very helpful to us and our sponsors. So please let me know if you or your friends plan on coming. First name and vehicle will suffice, location is an added bonus just so people see where everyone is coming from.

3. Our Sponsors- I can't say enough about our sponsors, they rock! Please remember them when it comes time to outfit your rig or camping gear. Here are our newest sponsors since the last time I listed them.

Bluey Fab Corporation - stickers and 100 10% off Gift Certificates
Expedition One - TBD
F-O-A Shock Absorbers - 15% off coupon except bypass shocks
Hi-Lift - Demo unit for our technical seminar, stickers
Napa Valley & Beyond - 1 Staun Tire Deflator 0-30 PSI (Adjustable), 1 Hi-Lift Handle Keeper (Red), 1 Receiver Shackle
Powertank
Roxie Market & Deli - Four $25.00 gift cards
Smittybilt - black G.E.A.R seat cover
Vroom Foods - Seriously Caffeinated Foosh Energy Mints blaster packs
Unionjack is donating his billet shift knob he won last year.

4. GPS Challenge - I am working on this right now and should be adding more info about this year's challenge soon.

Thanks and can't wait to see you all out there,
Chris
Old 08-24-2009, 07:24 AM
Contributing Member

Chris, you can add our names, Adam and Liz, and my buddy Matt is coming with his 92 Pickup. I'm driving my 87 4Runner. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:31 AM

coni and haley..88 4runner.....thanks for adding us...

maybe topless as the weird sierra summer rains hit 2 days after i took the top off...of course right! now gotta dry out.....

Quick Reply: 2009 Pismo Jamboree