Ozarks Ozarks Chapter

Rocktoberfest

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ADH8796
Fink is a mod because of people like me always saying stuff like P**P and C^@P OOPS haha j/k
hahaha
Old 10-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cool deal. so we are gonna have a turn out from Y/T. i am driving up early friday morning. cargun the two t-cases i bought from you in fort smith work fine. so are you guys meeting up some where at a certain time at the event?
Old 10-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by colsoncj
i also saw your now a mod... howd that happen? and congrats!
Yup, sure am. I'm digging it, it's nice to be able to give back to a place that has given so much to me...and the people running it are some of the coolest people you'll ever meet.

Not exactly sure how it happened, the Staff asked if I would be interested and of course I was thrilled and honored at the thought of it...so here I am.

Fink
Old 10-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Contributing Member

tortis, cargun isnt going to make it down, he actually bailed on us and moved to NY.... glad the t-cases worked good for ya. dont know about a certain time to meet up, most of us know each others phone numbers. pm me and i'll give ya mine.

I imagine I'll be down around friday early evening. unload the truck off the trailer and should be ready for wheelin by 8ish....
Old 10-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by tortis
cool deal. so we are gonna have a turn out from Y/T. i am driving up early friday morning. cargun the two t-cases i bought from you in fort smith work fine. so are you guys meeting up some where at a certain time at the event?
I'll be down friday morning if you would like to meet up. Just let me know when you will be down and we will figure a spot and a time.

Anthony
Old 10-22-2007, 06:42 AM

Glad to hear the t-cases worked out. No wheeling for me this week though. See you all next year!
Old 10-22-2007, 08:04 AM
Contributing Member

Corey is the runner ready? Keith what's up? John you still coming? Fink when do you pick up the new 4wheeler? Oh yeah and by the way my front bumper is done

Old 10-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Contributing Member

The runner isnt ready yet... still no brakes. 4WD works though. hope to have it ready by then....

stupid firewall at work wont let me see the pics.....
Old 10-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Contributing Member

Alright guys...new plan...sort of.

Anthony and I will both take Friday off and head down late afternoon/early evening on Thursday (around 5:30pm probably) and get all of our gear set up and try and set up some boundaries for our camp site. I was originally going to take the Taco down but something about leaving a $30k truck, alone, at a camp site with who knows who camping around us, in the middle of the woods just didn't feel right to me. So I think we can probably make do with a tent or two, maybe set up some coolers and use trees and stuff to make it obvious where we are camping. We'll both be heading down in Anthony's 4Runner with my 4wheeler behind it on a trailer. We should be able to get in for a total of $100 ($75 for his rig, $25 for my wheeler)...if they give us a hard time we'll just say that we're "life partners" or something...ha, only if it comes down to it.

The more people that can head down early the better...that way we can start using people's cars to line out our site.

I'll be bringing a good set of two-ways for Anthony and I and if you guys have any walkie-talkies at all go ahead and bring em, the more the merrier...we don't get much cell service out there and if we do it won't be for long so being able to talk on those would be nice.

We're still planning on doing a rendition of the "Redneck Trailer Club" with me pulling the trailer behind my 4wheeler and putting some coolers and folding chairs on it so we can all go watch the events...hopefully the people at Byrd's will be cool with it, if not...we'll just ditch the trailer and do it the old fashioned way.

For weather, highs will be between 58 and 68, Saturday and Sunday will be the warmest at around 67/68. Low's will be between 38 and 42. Just a standard sleeping bag should be more than enough...I'm even considering just sleeping on the trailer with a pad, I hate setting up tents and it's one less thing to bring along but I'll think about it. Thursday is the only day that it might rain but I imagine it will only be Anthony and I there that day so we'll worry about that.

As far as who all is coming, I'm done trying to figure out who is coming for sure, haha. I know we've got our two roommates coming down Clifton will be down on Friday I think and Brad will be down on Saturday afternoon some time. There are a couple other guys that I am assuming will be down on Friday but I don't know any of that for sure.

I think that covers most of it...if anybody can think of anything else, let me know!

Fink
Old 10-22-2007, 10:52 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ADH8796
Corey is the runner ready? Keith what's up? John you still coming? Fink when do you pick up the new 4wheeler? Oh yeah and by the way my front bumper is done
Haha, I don't know about a NEW 4wheeler but I'll be picking up the Prairie either tomorrow or Wednesday. If I get the opportunity to, I'll get a new one but it's not looking very good.

Fink
Old 10-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Contributing Member

I've got some 2-ways I'll bring... you guys need a handheld CB... wait, i got one of those too, I'll try and remember to bring it as well.

Anthony, check the root ozarks forum...
Old 10-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Contributing Member

Oh, and finally got to see the pics.... nice bumper man!
Old 10-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Contributing Member

i am trying to get all my work done by wendsday, but more than likely still won't leave till 4 friday morning, putting me there about 10am.

there is something about leaving our 15 year old son at home alone that makes my wife nervous. not that i did anything wrong when i was his age, when left at home alone. well maybe once, a very small party (20 people) kinda developed, but it was not intentional, just happened.

is it cool if we camp with you guys? i usually sleep under the stars on my bedroll, but the wife prefers my 2 man tent.

what about cooking? MRE, canned soups, sandwiches that sort of stuff.

do you guys trek down to albert pike and trout fish?

one more day down, three more to go

se ya soon. robert
Old 10-23-2007, 04:45 AM
Contributing Member

I've got some 2-ways I'll bring... you guys need a handheld CB... wait, i got one of those too, I'll try and remember to bring it as well.

Anthony, check the root ozarks forum...
I'll try and have my CB going by then. Only thing is I don't know how to tune it???
Old 10-23-2007, 04:46 AM
Contributing Member

Oh, and finally got to see the pics.... nice bumper man!
Thanks man I'll have my rear bumper done as well but I'll probably just wait to show it to yall when I get out there.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:05 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by tortis
i am trying to get all my work done by wendsday, but more than likely still won't leave till 4 friday morning, putting me there about 10am.

there is something about leaving our 15 year old son at home alone that makes my wife nervous. not that i did anything wrong when i was his age, when left at home alone. well maybe once, a very small party (20 people) kinda developed, but it was not intentional, just happened.

is it cool if we camp with you guys? i usually sleep under the stars on my bedroll, but the wife prefers my 2 man tent.

what about cooking? MRE, canned soups, sandwiches that sort of stuff.

do you guys trek down to albert pike and trout fish?

one more day down, three more to go

se ya soon. robert
I believe there will be two seperate camping groups that will meet up each day to run some trails and watch some events together. Cory and his group will be staying at a friends cabin a few miles from Byrds while my group will be staying either at byrds or in the wood at a special place a few miles down the road from Byrds. Your more than welcome to camp with us just keep in mind we will have no electricity, bathrooms, showers, or any of that cool stuff the wife might prefer. The camp site we are hoping for is a first come first serve spot. That's part of why we are leaving Thursday night to (hopefully) get the spot. Anyway if we don't get our spot than we will be camping at Byrds where of course we will not have electricity but we will have showers, Bathrooms, and all that good stuff. Really it's up to you and the wife if you don't mind some outback woods adventure camping and some mellow headed 20 year olds than just give me a shout and I'll help you find us. By the way when I say mellow headed I mean we don't drink, smoke, and get roudy but we still have a good time camping and wheeling. Sorry if this is too much info I just wanted you to know what your options were. Regardless I can't wait to meet you and your wife and have a good weekend doing some wheeling.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Contributing Member

i have been sober for 5 years now so i'll fit right in. i was born on a mountain, raised in a cave, and wheelin is all i crave. saw that on a bumper sticker in denver. i'll give you a call tomorrow evening, and let you know. will my civic make it to this remote spot, if not , we will stay at byrd's.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Contributing Member

How strong are the feelings you have for your Civic?

Fink
Old 10-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Contributing Member

point taken all i need to do is the alignment and grease the c.v. shafts, and i could drive it, but i have to drive to dallas tomorrow and buy another civic. so time will be short, and i hate turning wrenches on vehicles the day before i take it out of town. will see. how about those lsu tigers.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Contributing Member

Youre not bringing your runner?

Quick Reply: Rocktoberfest