General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 runner , pass back window rolls down but not up

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 runner , pass back window rolls down but not up

Before I add anything let me say thank you , in advance. I just purchased this 4 runner last week so I know nothing about them . Yesterday the passenger back window rolled down, but then wouldn't go back up. So I swapped switches and still nothing ( even from drivers cluster.)The drivers cluster wont even control the window now for some reason. But all of a sudden it worked and went back up with its orig switch. So I put both doors back together and was felling good about it and 30 seconds after I had them both put together i tried it again and wont go back up again. any ideas or thoughts would be great, I tried searching windows in the forum but seems people are only having issues with the rear, which will be my next to do, cause the switch for that doesn't work either.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know for the rear, the relays can go bad, but for me, there was an issue with one of the wires between the circuit box and the switch, so I just ran a new line. This could be one of your issues as well, check and see if the motor is fine by jumping it with some fresh wires, could be some rats got in there and chewed stuff up, or just got corroded and the connection is only made periodically.

Wire to diagnose and see where the problem is, is a lot cheaper and less time consuming than just throwing parts at it randomly. And if it is just a faulty wire, it's not difficult to replace that.

Also, might need some lube, I think there is some kind of silicon spray or something for the tracks that would help.