Alarm Systems Discussion related to installation, diagnostics, and purchasing of alarm systems

Alarm stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 02:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Alarm stopped working

yup, after flooding my truck the alarm went off till the batt died, and now, the light does nothing, and the remote wont lock/unlock the doors, the black box under the drivers seat was submerged(see avatar) and this wasnt the first time, all previous time it did not go off till it drained my batt though.
I know its a reach, but is it possible that its just disabled, and if so how do I enable it, the truck starts fine, unless I disconnect the black box, and the ignition was changed a before I bought the truck....so i have no door key.
Thanks for any input
Old 06-30-2008, 05:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bump...still cant figure this out. I'm half expecting it to just start working someday, and lock the doors, or worse, not allow me to start it.
It is a fujitsu ten alarm, and nothing has changed, truck starts fine everytime, and still no remote lock or alarm. I know nothing about these systems, so big question is...am I worried for nothing, or will this bite me later?Any advice would be great.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Team420
Bump...still cant figure this out. I'm half expecting it to just start working someday, and lock the doors, or worse, not allow me to start it.
It is a fujitsu ten alarm, and nothing has changed, truck starts fine everytime, and still no remote lock or alarm. I know nothing about these systems, so big question is...am I worried for nothing, or will this bite me later?Any advice would be great.

fujitsu ten is eclipse. so it is or at least was a good alarm most likely, if it was submerged in water chances are it is done. if not i have no idea how. do you know where the brain for the alarm is located? it is most likely under your dash near the steering column or in the drivers side kick. anyhow if you know where it is check the inline fuses with the alarm, you may have gotten lucky and just popped a fuse. but your safest bet if you find the brain is to just unplug it and remove it. the last thing you want is to replace a fuse and it work for a little while but short out later on down the road from corrosion or water damage.

good luck

jason