General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

What is broken on YOUR Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 4 runner motor looks like Clocklaws and my 82 has the trans out to fit a w56a into it. Since driveshafts need resizing and front springs are past flat got tg 4"ers coming for the front to match my chevy rears.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by warmonger88
^^^^ I really don't miss that!^^^^^^
Looks like it's time to buy some MLS gaskets.
That was with MLS gaskets.....15,000 miles on the rebuild.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:45 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
"What's broken on your Toyota?"............ I'm SURE it's been said a few times... but just have to add my 1.75Cents and 'X2' for the moment.... 'THE DRIVER'! lol. Not much is broken, ....but I just wrote this to remind myself that I HAVE TO GET THE PROJECTS DONE,.... on top of fixing the paneling that covers the shell mounting bolts.(The Shell trim) Piece of that broke.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:55 PM

This should be fun:

interior:
new glove box (broken)
missing passenger high handle
broken window rollers (both sides >.<)
driver door arm rest (more like a hand rest, broken)
steering wheel problem (crazy noises coming from there)
remove window tinting (can't see a thing at night, especially out in the woods)
4x4 shift lever stuck in 2wd??? clearance problem I think
removal and replacement of giant bench seat leaving ZERO room for my 6'2" body. (I found 2 nearly brand new buckets from a 84 off this guy for 200 bucks)
Drill and install cable to lock steering wheel. (I just found out you can put just about anything into the door lock and ignition to start these trucks >.<, any toyota key will work it seems)
new heater blower
new A/C core, expansion valve and switch
blow out heater core

Exterior:
replace front axle seals
repair exhaust leak, bad/old flanges I think
repair coolant leak from thermostat housing, striped bolt
repair heater control valve (i've been told to use a 88 runner's plastic valve as it doesn't seize up like the metal one I have)
remove spare tire chain lift (has a sawed off chain, impossible to unbolt wench under bed... any ideas?)
complete check and repair of fuel system (getting horrendous gas milage, about 10-15mpg on new long block???)

That's it, easy enough
Old 03-06-2012, 07:44 PM

We'll...things always getting added to the list, bbbbuuuuttttt...

-heater control assembly (new one sitting in the garage, old one has broken fresh/recirc control)
-freshen up the front end (new upper and lower ball joints, bearings, seals, rotors, pads, brake lines)
-paint the tailgate and shell (both are a nice shade of forest green)

My list doesn't look quite as bad as others, but that's the jist of it.

That's it...for now.

Last edited by 250000_yota; 03-06-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:47 PM

i dont need 1000 words for that only 2 are coming to mind currently " first starts with "o " second starts with "s"
Old 03-11-2012, 11:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
my broke freakin' alarm system that was probably installed before sliced bread was invented.... crickey...

It has been on the fritz since we bought it, but my 4runner just got gutted to wrap up some other wiring projects and the rear window is now officially not working (thanks to some burnt out relays), then the alarm finally does not want to disarm with the only key fob so spent a few hours with the EWD's I printed out a while back and located/disconnected the alarm system at long last.

it's an old Prime AMX7, looks about like everything else the P.O. did to this poor rig, NEGLECT and zero sense of thought. Now I don't have to listen to that stupid alarm going off all the time (self/passive arms after 10 seconds, super fun when camping or hunting....). wasn't soldered in, it's put in with crimped connectors as is the trailer towing control module in the back (wire taps, those are great....) gotta fix those up... jeez.

now it's just kill switches and a club, ha!

eww....

rear window still broke... annoying...
Old 03-15-2012, 11:17 AM

Unhappy

What's broken on my Toyota?
I don't know.
Newbie and I have dry compression tests around 85/ wet compression test around 140.
Either way my 87 pickup will not start

O yeah, and my friend punched my back window out!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
front windshield and steering column cover ...some jack a$$ stole it once and i cant find a decent cover to replace mine .
Old 03-15-2012, 03:57 PM

other then the brake light on ALL THE TIME (have not look if its easy or hard) the lights running to my back license plate dont turn on i have changed the bulb but no luck help plzzzzz.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by thecomedian46
other then the brake light on ALL THE TIME (have not look if its easy or hard) the lights running to my back license plate dont turn on i have changed the bulb but no luck help plzzzzz.
Brake fluid low? Mine stays on sometimes because the emergency brake is jacked up. It does not hit the switch. But I just turn the handle a certain way and it goes off.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok... on the 94 in my sig...

Broke my transfer case doin this ...... (Click the pic for video)

Prolly dragged 10-12 cord out just THIS year She's got 278k miles, so I'm not too surprised... Turns out the transfer was bone dry

And... About a month ago, my gf went out to warm it up one day and didnt set the ebrake tight enough... My driveway is a hill You can piece the rest together I'm sure :-) So, anyway... I also need a tailgate...

The 93 needs a rear 3rd, and a brake line.. Thats it I think
Old 03-15-2012, 06:50 PM

And my interior lights only work when it's cold
Old 03-15-2012, 07:20 PM

frame needs repairs
rusted out bed
paint
dash is busted
tail lights are gone
dash is busted
no radio
no a/c
no heat
rpm guage doesnt work
running lights (not a dd yet so no biggie)
everything
horn
and everything again
but it runs good
Old 03-15-2012, 07:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Just my engine. Not a big deal
Old 03-16-2012, 04:49 AM

on my 91 extend cab, i am having issues with the moon/sun roof leaking in the front on the driver side corner and the passenger side corner.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Drew Ellison
on my 91 extend cab, i am having issues with the moon/sun roof leaking in the front on the driver side corner and the passenger side corner.
Clean the drains.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rear window never works from the outside, wont work from the inside, slipped off the rusted out window track. Broken rear defroster, found 1 wire (black, have no idea where the white one is/goes. Ignition quit working, if i'm lucky it may turn over after 50 back and forth turns of the key. No radio, had one wired up, but later found out with the help from the local police, with the radio wired in, i had no taillights.steering wheel isn't centered due to "DIY" front end alignment. Front valance is bent all to heck, front fenders both need replacing, as that "gunshot" pop is there when you open the doors all the way out, My driver side door at the top has a nice air gap that sucks when it's -50, due to some jerk pulling at the top of the door to break into my truck. Gas door is broken in half, probably from the same guy that bent my door, resulting in "not a drop left" after a $60 refill at the pump at $4.11 a gallon, (alaska).too much else to list, but i love my 90 4runner.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:06 PM

1987 extended cab 4wd toyota pickup: Transfer case fill hole was over torqued and split by previous owner...several cracks spreading outward from under a glop of JB Weld...a slow leak. Passenger window pulls down the seal when it's rolled down. Cheezy aftermarket steering wheel is misaligned. Paint was once red...now closer to pink....damn it.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:14 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
After months of relentless fix after fix, the only thing that now doesn't work on my 86 4runner is the rear defroster. Switch lights up, but the window never defogs, not one bit. Other than that everything works like it did from the factory.

Quick Reply: What is broken on YOUR Toyota